MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 25/03/23

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Same old story with Unsworth.

Thought we played crap until we scored and could have been 2 -0 down before then.After we scored thought we played well and again in the second half we were looking like getting a second and came close.Then the  same old .

Hope Wrexham have an off day next Saturday

No chance of that 😩

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Please explain 

@mcfluff1985 nothing sinister.

I think (could be wrong) that David Unsworth has a good appreciation of Matt Hudson's pedigree and sees him as one who could be playing much higher.

Magnus isn't an Unsworth signing, but he has said plenty of good things about him, as did Marc White.

Clearly the manager has a very specific vision of his team, formation and style, which often means many of the inherited players move on.

I wouldn't be in a rush to sell Magnus.

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Same old story with Unsworth.

Thought we played crap until we scored and could have been 2 -0 down before then.After we scored thought we played well and again in the second half we were looking like getting a second and came close.Then the  same old .

Hope Wrexham have an off day next Saturday. 

Fixture list has Latics down at Wealdstone this coming Tuesday.
Has this been moved?

Watched Nuttall closely. To say he doesn’t compete or put effort in is just a lie. He chased down one player and won the ball at right back on one occasion. 
Im confident the goals will click with him next year. 

Should have won that game, but oh well. 

28 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Fixture list has Latics down at Wealdstone this coming Tuesday.
Has this been moved?

It is.No coach so I can't make it but my son who works near Guildford is going to watch it.Im off to Wrexham though .

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Watched Nuttall closely. To say he doesn’t compete or put effort in is just a lie. He chased down one player and won the ball at right back on one occasion. 

Bloody hell eardley....

Wouldn't be latics without a boo boy

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He did that once in an whole 90 minutes - wow some player.

LightDN123,If you thought Nuttall played well today,there is a bed waiting for you in the bottom block at Oldham Royal.Everything about him is abject.In 62 years of watching Latin’s he has to be the worst player we have ever payed money for.Needs to be moved on.

52 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Watched nuthall closely😂😂, that man is utter shite, not one part of his game is good, his touch is shocking for a so called footballer, as for mr dullsworh today that was pathetic the last 20 mins, we ain’t going nowhere next season with mr negative in charge!!!! 

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Sheron was top notch again

I think Sheron is a strong Player of The Season contender - his own personal standards have never dropped, even when things were REALLY shit..

Can't decide where I stand on that today - not sure if we played well and were robbed or lucky to be in the position we were in the dying minutes anyway.  If we're being harsh, I could only pick out Shelton and maybe Sambou who weren't at the races from the starting eleven.  I like the look of Green (although he does get barged off the ball too easily, so might have to get on the weights..) and Kitching, Sutton and Yarney were also solid 7/10s.

Solihull should have scored twice in the first couple of minutes (we always give the opposition chances at some point..), but then we missed similar chances to put the game to bed ourselves.

It was like the Gateshead home game - if you've tried to attack but it ain't happening for you and the opposition have shown very little up front (apart from the first 10 minutes of the game), I'm not sure I have much problem with the time-wasting as it's going to limit the small attacking prowess the opposition have even more.

As I said after Gateshead - It's no secret I'm no Unsworth fan, but if the players don't take their chances and then can't see the game out when they're pretty comfortable, that's got to be on them, surely?

35 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Like I said before, has he shagged your wife or partner ? You hate him. 

Fucking hell is that all you can come back with, I don't hate anybody but given it's a fans forum I'll give my opinion, he's shite, it really is as simple as that.

If he has got something he's yet to show it in the 18 games he's been the first name on the team sheet, even the wet fart Mitchell Roberts bullied him today, of course he found a blue shirt a couple of times but he's painfully slow and easy to play against. Fondop and Abraham no better when they came on if we are being honest but Nuttall is a major disappointment, no other way of putting it.

I clapped him off though like the hero he is 👏👏👏

23 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

Fondop and Abrahams did more in 5 minuites than Nuttall will do for the rest of the season.

Missed the first 15 mins, but thought Nuttall did ok today - didn't think Fondop or Tammy offered anything, apart from getting their defender a yellow, but that might be more to do with Rooney going off.

Shelton all over the pitch today,ran himself ragged.Sutton will never make a full back as long as he has a hole in his arse, not his fault,will one day be a good centre half.In hindsight the manager faced with an obviously tiring team should have put Clarke at the back and replaced Shelton with fresh legs in midfield, rather than change up top,easy to say after the fact.

17 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

Fondop and Abrahams did more in 5 minuites than Nuttall will do for the rest of the season.

Whilst his time at the club hasn’t exactly set the world on fire, that above quote is a load of horse manure. Nuttall was better today, and I fully expect his game to improve with better service and the midfield being bolstered in the off season. Fondop has proven to be quite the impact player, but Abraham offers very little bar running around closing down keepers.

Rooney going off was a wrong decision. He's the only creative player we have in midfield and as far as I could see Chapman offered nothing when he came.

I thought we played a lot more football today instead of hoofing the ball up and our passing is becoming much more improved. I think the positives are there to see so we move on.......

3 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

Shelton all over the pitch today,ran himself ragged.Sutton will never make a full back as long as he has a hole in his arse, not his fault,will one day be a good centre half.In hindsight the manager faced with an obviously tiring team should have put Clarke at the back and replaced Shelton with fresh legs in midfield, rather than change up top,easy to say after the fact.

I cant understand why Sutton isn't at cente back and Yarney at right back?

Yarney is good at closing down and stopping crosses, whereas Sutton can't do that.

Archived