Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

13 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

He's also just said he's happy to start with Sutton at Right Back....

*GULP*

8 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

This year I felt we had a real chance of promotion but when your manager wants to "develope" a good young c.b into a right back you know you've no chance.

What do you expect him to say? 

"I'm looking for a new right back because the young lad who played there late last season, when we were getting decent results, is crap !!"

He probably is still looking or has got someone lined up. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

People need to stop taking everyone he says literally. Last Q&A with Unsy and he categorically stated we weren’t singing Willoughby.

Chill the fuck out.

Oh yeah 

But you know to paraphrase Albert Einstein, never underestimate the stupidity of people.

Sounds like he's keeping tight lipped about signings right now. Probably wisely so.

Edited by GlossopLatic

11 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

People need to stop taking everyone he says literally. Last Q&A with Unsy and he categorically stated we weren’t singing Willoughby.

Chill the fuck out.

Calling all fans to our Forum with manager David Unsworth. 

Ask whatever you want- and he’ll just make stuff up. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Absolute pointless exercise in having a fans forum if you aren’t going to be as straight as you can with fans. He literally said the opposite to much of his comments tonight, and when in front of the fans completely contradicts himself.

Comical. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

"I'm looking for a new right back because the young lad who played there late last season, when we were getting decent results, is crap !!"

Obviously still looking for a RB, hence the Ogle bid turned down on Scunthorpe official. Be surprised if we don't get one in and Sutton, who I think is a  promising talent, is our defence sub for RB or CH.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh yeah 

But you know to paraphrase Albert Einstein, never underestimate the stupidity of people.

Sounds like he's keeping tight lipped about signings right now. Probably wisely so.

Fans aren’t stupid, they want to ask him questions to very obvious issues in the team or his own comments. 

Saying we’re not looking at loans when he has said several times he will be doing is disingenuous and patronising to his own fans. 

Saying Sutton is more than good enough for right back. Isn’t cute to protect a target. It makes him him look deluded or stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Really hope you are right. And yes I understand he can't divulge targets but why not answer the question in a different way that doesn't wind everybody up?

He needs to show us he's learnt from last years mistakes.I suspect he hasn't As has been said before he thinks he is a mesiah when it comes to coaching but would can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Will is a promising CB not a right full back( ar the moment)

3 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Obviously still looking for a RB, hence the Ogle bid turned down on Scunthorpe official. Be surprised if we don't get one in and Sutton, who I think is a  promising talent, is our defence sub for RB or CH.  

Exactly. 

But at a fans forum pretends like it isn’t an issue and deflects. 

It’s pathetic. 

Just now, diggleblue said:

Really hope you are right. And yes I understand he can't divulge targets but why not answer the question in a different way that doesn't wind everybody up?

He needs to show us he's learnt from last years mistakes.I suspect he hasn't As has been said before he thinks he is a mesiah when it comes to coaching but would can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Will is a promising CB not a right full back( ar the moment)

Again. Spot on. 

Is right back a target? 

‘It’s something we’re looking at, but if we have to go with what we’ve got for the time being, then that’s ok. Because I want the right person. 

That would have been fine. It gives nothing away, but acknowledges the question without making out its nonsense. 

19 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

No Bob. 

I expect him to be honest about areas he wants to strengthen without talking absolute nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Again. Spot on. 

Is right back a target? 

‘It’s something we’re looking at, but if we have to go with what we’ve got for the time being, then that’s ok. Because I want the right person. 

That would have been fine. It gives nothing away, but acknowledges the question without making out its nonsense. 

that's what he did say, tho???

14 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

wind everybody up? or just you, harry, barry and L14E?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No Bob. 

I expect him to be honest about areas he wants to strengthen without talking absolute nonsense. 

Top tip which has worked for me, I don't listen to him anymore and he has become far less annoying, contrary and contradictory waffle half the time - I get less offended now but you think he'd have developed a little bit of self awareness, obviously not.

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s on twitter Monts. 

at 20:24 according to the Oldham Times

Q. when is a RB signing?

A. (Rhino) if the season starts tomorrow l'd be happy with Will there.. we will look at it when the opportunity comes but, at the moment, lm more than happy with Will.

thats the perfect response for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

at 20:24 according to the Oldham Times

Q. when is a RB signing?

A. (Rhino) if the season starts tomorrow l'd be happy with Will there.. we will look at it when the opportunity comes but, at the moment, lm more than happy with Will.

thats the perfect response for me.

Absolutely nothing wrong with DU’s comment there, I agree. Some people really need to get a grip and calm down. How many weeks away from the start of the season again?

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Top tip which has worked for me, I don't listen to him anymore and he has become far less annoying, contrary and contradictory waffle half the time - I get less offended now but you think he'd have developed a little bit of self awareness, obviously not.

52 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Chill the fuck out.

the sweet spot is between these points!

the biggest lie l believe l spotted was Rhino and DR both claiming they dont read the forum. yeah, ok 👍🏻😂.

31 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Said by whom? Where is your evidence that he thinks he is a Messiah (sic)? If he thinks that, bloody strange that he’s chosen to start his managerial career in NL don’t you think?

I’m surprised nobody has had a go at DU for failing to sign Kane yet. Slow and indecisive transfer dealing in my book 🙄

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with DU’s comment there, I agree. Some people really need to get a grip and calm down. How many weeks away from the start of the season again?

l think some people started the evening looking to be offended, some people drank too much too quickly and got coffended (offended incorrectly becase they were confused), some people did both and lots of people didnt take it that seriously atall because it's a fundraiser in June.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

the sweet spot is between these points!

the biggest lie l believe l spotted was Rhino and DR both claiming they dont read the forum. yeah, ok 👍🏻😂.

They might be telling the truth.

I know I don't read it.