Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

6 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Yep shame really this board is becoming a haven for the haters and the negative lemmings.

That's not true at all. As far as I can see, those who want Unsworth out do so because they want Latics to be successful - surely that is support, not hate, and positive, not negative? And everybody appreciates what the Rothwells have done for the club.

The essential question is, how long should he be given? We now have 6 games in the remainder of September, against teams currently 22nd, 13th, 23rd, 17th, 20th and 14th. All winnable and if we don't get as a minimum say 12-14 points then I'd say it'll be time to bring in a new coach.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

That's not true at all. As far as I can see, those who want Unsworth out do so because they want Latics to be successful - surely that is support, not hate, and positive, not negative? And everybody appreciates what the Rothwells have done for the club.

The essential question is, how long should he be given? We now have 6 games in the remainder of September, against teams currently 22nd, 13th, 23rd, 17th, 20th and 14th. All winnable and if we don't get as a minimum say 12-14 points then I'd say it'll be time to bring in a new coach.

I think the poster meant the Royles are coming in for stick regarding the appointment of DU. Though I'll let them confirm. 

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

And everybody appreciates what the Rothwells have done for the club.

everybody appreciates it so much that the heroic man himself is reduced to begging in the stands??

l'm not sure you are factoring all the variables in balancing your current assesment.

Edited by Monty Burns
too many words. some might say one was too many!! theyre either top bantz or total wankers. good morning to both types 👋🏻

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

everybody appreciates it so much that the heroic man himself is reduced to begging in the stands??

l'm not sure you are factoring all the variables in balancing your current assesment.

Neither are you Monty, whist what you say is fair enough do you really think we should take all the emotion out of it because Frank 'saved us', I don't and whilst I'm largely apathetic sat in my seat and clap them on and off regardless some others are just as entitled to be more passionate and emotional, it happens at every football stadium in the country bar none.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Neither are you Monty, whist what you say is fair enough do you really think we should take all the emotion out of it because Frank 'saved us', I don't and whilst I'm largely apathetic sat in my seat and clap them on and off regardless some others are just as entitled to be more passionate and emotional, it happens at every football stadium in the country bar none.

Seen someone tweeting that 'we' , whoever 'we' is, are going to have to help them speed up the decision.

That's not passion, that's menacing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

oh l am. l'm listening to Frank and doing what he says despite all my emotion.

anybody attempting to debate what lve said this morning is doing to from a position Frank has publicly deemed Anti Frank.

l'm full of doubt but l'm also full of trust which l have built on a foundation of deep gratefulness and respect.

25 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

oh l am. l'm listening to Frank and doing what he says despite all my emotion.

anybody attempting to debate what lve said this morning is doing to from a position Frank has publicly deemed Anti Frank.

l'm full of doubt but l'm also full of trust which l have built on a foundation of deep gratefulness and respect.

I don't think Frank is asking everybody to change their opinions on DU. He's asking the SUPPORTERS to support the team.  Back them,  sing for them and take away the fear. 

7 minutes ago, Lags said:

I don't think Frank is asking everybody to change their opinions on DU. He's asking the SUPPORTERS to support the team.  Back them,  sing for them and take away the fear. 

l heard differently and l hope many others did too. people were politely called out and begged, even thinking about it makes me queasy.

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l heard differently and l hope many others did too. people were politely called out and begged, even thinking about it makes me queasy.

Beg to differ Monty. He didn't say leave DU alone,  he said he and the board know the team is in good hands.  He and his family bought the club because they are supporters. That he needed the fans (supporters) to support them doing it. 

He qualified his belief in DU by starting nobody is more upset when losing than DU.

So for me what he wants is the supporters backing what they are trying to achieve and the best way is to attend and support the team. 

Edited by Lags

5 minutes ago, Lags said:

Beg to differ Monty. He didn't say leave DU alone,  he said he and the board know the team is in good hands.  He and his family bought the club because they are supporters. That he needed the fans (supporters) to support them doing it. 

He qualified his belief in DU by starting nobody is more upset when losing than DU.

So for me what he wants is the supporters backing what they are trying to achieve and the best way is to attend and support the team. 

that is not differing in the slightest from what l want so l won't be offering a counter argument and for maybe the first time in my life l feel like l'm not the one over analysing a speech!!

19 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

but in typical Monty not being able to leave it and causing fisticuffs fashion, he does want DU leaving alone. saying he doesnt is a bit silly!

Not really silly Monty. Owd Frank is a bit more shrewd than he likes to come across. Asking for DU left alone would be akin to moses parting the red sea yet indirectly by the fans backing and singing for the team,  that's what he gets. 

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Not really silly Monty. Owd Frank is a bit more shrewd than he likes to come across. Asking for DU left alone would be akin to moses parting the red sea yet indirectly by the fans backing and singing for the team,  that's what he gets. 

It's a bit like the better captains of industry using other tools than a stick to get exactly what he wants from his more unruly workforce. Leaving them thinking they've won. 

Now I will be mainly drinking large amounts of beer in my latics t shirt cheering on the Gooners to victory. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I haven’t seen/heard what he said, but I can’t imagine Frank begging for anything.

Could be Frank’s version of the dreaded vote of confidence perhaps 😉

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I haven’t seen/heard what he said, but I can’t imagine Frank begging for anything.

Could be Frank’s version of the dreaded vote of confidence perhaps 😉

response to para 1. well you defo shudnt be commenting without watching/listening. l'm going to actually type wink bc lm not too keen on the emoji!!!

response to para 2. it defo wasnt but that doesnt mean he cant sack him if we are fuckin about with a low block counter attack in division 5 and floundering in november. 

2 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Maybe some new players coming in and some leaving this week or next .. according to the Oldham Times.   

If that’s the case it should have been done earlier then perhaps this terrible run of results could have been avoided!

3 or 4 out? TBH… I wouldn’t be surprised if that included Nuttall!

Hope & Tollitt are obvious candidates.

Who are the others?

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If that’s the case it should have been done earlier then perhaps this terrible run of results could have been avoided!

3 or 4 out? TBH… I wouldn’t be surprised if that included Nuttall!

Hope & Tollitt are obvious candidates.

Who are the others?

Fondop?