Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I agree but I think its only fair to ask what's gone wrong for him at Barnet to be in and out of the side and last night for him to be going through the motions when he should be one of their shining lights.

That's fair, but even if he comes in a squad player it's a step up from the likes of Tollitt 

2 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Would he settle in the N.West?? I always prefer someone who is a bit local.Otherwise risky I.M.O.

Signing players who are "local" was part of the reason why Shez's squad struggled.

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Tollitt, Gardner, Kurt, Dickinson 

Gardner will see his deal out as he's always injured anyway so may as well take the money until summer.

Out of the above, Nuttall and Shelton, I can only really see anyone being interested in taking a punt on Kurt on loan.

Won't be easy to shift the rest given they're probably on decent wages for this division and their only real route out is probably bottom end who are skint or the division below who are even skinter (& also a massive ego hit to drop into the NLN/NLS)

3 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

A few years ago, still highly regarded as one of my family members is one of the main sponsors at Fylde.

Can you put a word in . We will do buy one get one free to sweaten the deal .

Surely someone will take a punt on Kurt in the next week or so. He scored a shit load last season, granted a division lower. 

He’d be a decent signing for a bottom end NL side/NLN team. It’s just whether he would be willing to take a paycut to play regularly again as he’ll be on decent money here. 

As mad as it sounds I think Shelton may get a move soon too. Again he’ll be on decent money so its whether he’ll take a bit less, but could see another NL side taking a chance on him. He had decent pedigree elsewhere. 

The rest of the shite 2025 players I think we’re stuck with, at least until summer where we may be able to make something happen. 

There were some rumours that Dale were looking at Nuttall, not sure if there was anything in that.

Norman, Sutton, McGahey, Nuttall, Ward, Green, Tollitt, Gardner, Shelton, Willoughby, Hope, Dickinson, Reid and Couto could all struggle to make matchday squads and find themselves surplus, only stumbling block for some would be the wages, I imagine at least half of those are being well overpaid based on what they offer but are bound to have admirers. I still expect a couple to go whether that's permanent or on loan.

14 players on that list who've probably been made available.

Edited by yarddog73

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

There were some rumours that Dale were looking at Nuttall, not sure if there was anything in that.

Norman, Sutton, McGahey, Nuttall, Ward, Green, Tollitt, Gardner, Shelton, Willoughby, Hope, Dickinson, Reid and Couto could all struggle to make matchday squads and find themselves surplus, only stumbling block for some would be the wages, I imagine at least half of those are being well overpaid based on what they offer but are bound to have admirers. I still expect a couple to go whether that's permanent or on loan.

14 players on that list who've probably been made available.

Dale can’t afford anyone, they are unfortunately struggling to pay the players on a monthly basis. They are the that desperate that they their manager JIm McNulty had to register as a player. 

6 hours ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

Of all the players mentioned,  I would like to retain Ward,, Dickinson, Gardner, Hope, Sutton Reid and Green who are very good squad players at this level and give us that strength in depth.

Most of them will be gone apart from Sutton.

The only way Id keep Gardener is on a pay as you play basis.

8 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Surely someone will take a punt on Kurt in the next week or so. He scored a shit load last season, granted a division lower. 

He’d be a decent signing for a bottom end NL side/NLN team. It’s just whether he would be willing to take a paycut to play regularly again as he’ll be on decent money here. 

There was a rumour on Twitter that Fylde were looking at him. Believe he used to play there too.

8 hours ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

Of all the players mentioned,  I would like to retain Ward,, Dickinson, Gardner, Hope, Sutton Reid and Green who are very good squad players at this level and give us that strength in depth.

Of all the players mentioned, I would retain Ward, Dickenson, Hope, Green and Willoughby.

5 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Of all the players mentioned, I would retain Ward, Dickenson, Hope, Green and Willoughby.

Sutton is contracted until the end of the 2025 season. He's an asset for the future.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sutton is contracted until the end of the 2025 season. He's an asset for the future.

Thats fair. He is contracted. If he comes good, I will face the tribunal, but I simply cannot see it. You have likened him to Tarky previously. 

At the same stage of development, they are chalk and cheese. 

There was always something about Tarky that oozed class whereas Sutton seems to need to be in class.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Thats fair. He is contracted. If he comes good, I will face the tribunal, but I simply cannot see it. You have likened him to Tarky previously. 

There was always something about Tarky that oozed class whereas Sutton seems to need to be in class.

I don't think he'll play PL but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he got as high as L1, possibly even the championship. He's a good athlete, playing as a FB/WB has improved him on the ball. He looked solid as a very young player at CB. We haven't seen him at CB since the 21/22 season, to a certain extent we all need to reserve judgment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

However @BP1960, i do recognise your admiration of him.

it's what we on here are all about. Opinions.

We are not always right and have to swallow our pride at times.

And, if he does improve and become the asset that you believe him to be, I will happily take it on the chin a la Kitching. If he is more suited to being a chippy, I will not gloat. I promise.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I don't think he'll play PL but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he got as high as L1, possibly even the championship. He's a good athlete, playing as a FB/WB has improved him on the ball. He looked solid as a very young player at CB. We haven't seen him at CB since the 21/22 season, to a certain extent we all need to reserve judgment.

Ah good old 21/22. Halcyon days.😊

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Surely a Curzon Ashton Chorley Hereford would take a gamble on him 

His goal scoring record at Chester was one in 2 games. He’s National League North standard, I get the impression Fylde are now preparing a team for that division.

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

However @BP1960, i do recognise your admiration of him.

it's what we on here are all about. Opinions.

We are not always right and have to swallow our pride at times.

And, if he does improve and become the asset that you believe him to be, I will happily take it on the chin a la Kitching. If he is more suited to being a chippy, I will not gloat. I promise.

He's not the same kind of centre back as Tarky, I was talking of raw potential.

I tend when I watch a player to look how he may develop in a couple if years time and see that in Sutton.

As you say time will tell.

• Like 1