TNT Sports

I was hoping that the change from BT might bring an option to pay for one-offs (guess what...) as I really don't need another monthly subscription, particularly as their coverage includes plenty of Rugby Union, Moto GP, UFC & Boxing (I've left off WWE as that ain't no sport!)- none of which hold the slightest appeal for me.

Seems like a missed opportunity to offer something different to me.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I was hoping that the change from BT might bring an option to pay for one-offs (guess what...) as I really don't need another monthly subscription, particularly as their coverage includes plenty of Rugby Union, Moto GP, UFC & Boxing (I've left off WWE as that ain't no sport!)- none of which hold the slightest appeal for me.

Seems like a missed opportunity to offer something different to me.

I totally agree. I went for the BT Sports subscription option at the start of last season, but I won't be renewing it for the reason you state. When Latics are on TV I'll just find a pub showing it (could be tricky, but not impossible, down here in Failsworth).

5 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

I totally agree. I went for the BT Sports subscription option at the start of last season, but I won't be renewing it for the reason you state. When Latics are on TV I'll just find a pub showing it (could be tricky, but not impossible, down here in Failsworth).

It might be even trickier here in Suffolk!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Don’t you also get exclusive European club competition coverage on TNT?

Yes but not the finals. Those are also on YouTube, apparently it was part of the deal when BT "won" the rights to show European competitions.

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Yep, but at £30pm that means £30 for every Latics game unless there is more than 1.  No interest in the great bulk of their other content

Same here Dave, I did it a couple of times last year at £25 a month but interestingly that extra fiver just pushes it into silly money for me.

55 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Same here Dave, I did it a couple of times last year at £25 a month but interestingly that extra fiver just pushes it into silly money for me.

There's always a limit.  Regardless of affordability I'm not paying more than a ground ticket to watch a single game on the tellybox.  My nearest pub with BT is at least 8 or 9 miles away - I'm a bit in the middle of nowhere!

On 7/20/2023 at 2:16 PM, Dave_Og said:

There's always a limit.  Regardless of affordability I'm not paying more than a ground ticket to watch a single game on the tellybox.  My nearest pub with BT is at least 8 or 9 miles away - I'm a bit in the middle of nowhere!

Sky Go is popular.

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sky Go is popular.

sky is expensive bc they build in the cost of stuff like skygo even if all you do is watch your TV. l used to give away as many passwords for free as was safely possible to make myself feel better about their price, before decided it was time to burn them!

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Presumably you pay for it

Yes it's in my Sky package and on Sky Go.

At my age I don't mind spending my savings on all the sports I enjoy.

My wife is severely disabled and we don't do holidays anymore.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yes it's in my Sky package and on Sky Go.

At my age I don't mind spending my savings on all the sports I enjoy.

My wife is severely disabled and we don't do holidays anymore.

Fair enough. I pay extra for RacingUK on top of Sky, so that's my indulgence. One more subscription is a step too far 

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Fair enough. I pay extra for RacingUK on top of Sky, so that's my indulgence. One more subscription is a step too far 

Yes understandable, there's more and more subscription channels popping up.