TNT Sports

I've hung on with BT Sport (sorry, TNT) and every time my sub runs out I agonise over whether to renew. As with Sky, if you threaten for long enough to cancel, they will eventually cut you an 18/24 month deal.

Feels a bit hypocritical saying this, as I hate what the "Premier" League has done to the game, but I mainly keep BT Sport for the Champions League (and NL for our occasional appearances - while we're in it!). The CL group stages can be pretty dull but once you get to the KO stages some of the matches are terrific entertainment. Most teams just go for it these days, home or away. Still a shame though that money rules - can't see an Ajax winning the trophy ever again.

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I've hung on with BT Sport (sorry, TNT) and every time my sub runs out I agonise over whether to renew. As with Sky, if you threaten for long enough to cancel, they will eventually cut you an 18/24 month deal.

Feels a bit hypocritical saying this, as I hate what the "Premier" League has done to the game, but I mainly keep BT Sport for the Champions League (and NL for our occasional appearances - while we're in it!). The CL group stages can be pretty dull but once you get to the KO stages some of the matches are terrific entertainment. Most teams just go for it these days, home or away. Still a shame though that money rules - can't see an Ajax winning the trophy ever again.

I'm pretty much the same. The knock-out stages of the CL were brilliant. Their coverage of the NL is good. I like McLean. The play-offs alone, though, were worth the subscription. They were bat-shit crazy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I'm pretty much the same. The knock-out stages of the CL were brilliant. Their coverage of the NL is good. I like McLean. The play-offs alone, though, were worth the subscription. They were bat-shit crazy. 

They employ the awful Steve McManaman to commentate, therefore their coverage cannot be brilliant.

Throw in Robbie Savage and Rio Ferdinand then average is about the best they can do.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

They employ the awful Steve McManaman to commentate, therefore their coverage cannot be brilliant.

Throw in Robbie Savage and Rio Ferdinand then average is about the best they can do.

Nobody with a Scouse accent should be allowed to commentate on Bayern Munich 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

A terrible trio of has-beens

The latter pair I wouldn't discuss the colour of orange juice with, can't bloody stand either of em.

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Nobody with a Scouse accent should be allowed to commentate on Bayern Munich 

James Graham, former St. Helens prop, who commentates on NRL over here, completely bucks the trend as far as scouse commentators go. I have got back into NRL because of his analysis and observation and he craps all over the Aussies. Extremely knowledgeable on all sports.

Commentates in laymen's terms but you just know that he has several closet degrees.

Edited by L1onheartNew

very highly respected in Madrid. dunno if you have been there but that is highly impressive for an English chap.

fantastic player. 

city subbed him off in 2004 and l clapped bc of what he had achieved and l was pretty stunned absolutely loads of other people were doing the same thing. l was sat in the main stand 😳

we were winning tbf but even still it stuck with me that.

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

very highly respected in Madrid. dunno if you have been there but that is highly impressive for an English chap.

fantastic player. 

city subbed him off in 2004 and l clapped bc of what he had achieved and l was pretty stunned absolutely loads of other people were doing the same thing. l was sat in the main stand 😳

Don't get me wrong, he was an excellent player. Just that he could have waited a week longer to make his debut.

How many players don't you like?

Three.

McManaman, Hughes and the other one.(Sharp)

How I loathe the other one...

7 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Don't get me wrong, he was an excellent player. Just that he could have waited a week longer to make his debut.

Three.

🤣 

you hold them grudges. hold them close and never let them go!!

8 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Three.

You've never seen Ian Baird play then? 

18 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

fantastic player. 

My favourite memory of McManaman was in his Real Madrid days - he'd slipped down the pecking order and wasn't a regular selection. The Telegraph ran an article on him, with a photo of him by his very large pool at his very large Madrid villa, soaking up the sun and the headline: "McManaman - I am in no rush to leave Real" 🤣. Can't think why he wasn't!

On the punditry, I used to dislike McManaman and Savage, but they come over far better these days  - very knowledgeable and read the game well. The guy I miss is Robbie Earle, I always rated him on ITV.