BPAS PODCAST: 24th July '23, S4E1: with David Unsworth

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Because it suits their circumstances?

HOURS 

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Oh come on. There are clubs like Preston in there who are clearly on an entirely different scale of bigness. We're in division five now.

So were Wrexham.

Edited by BP1960

7 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Incoming in 3...2...1

Does Diego Sideburns still post? He was always on cue with the Paul Scholes article about him being red any time his name was mentioned. 

BP about an Ajax style kit. Few others you know are coming subject dependent... Worthy of thread in its own right.

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Last season we had 35 players. This season, at the moment, we have 21, I think 18 are named in a match day squad from which to pick 16 so that leaves only 3 available players + academy players who have their own league fixtures.

That’s also providing everyone is fully fit!!

How do you propose it would work?

It works with other clubs, we once had far smaller sqauds in a much larger Central League and played in several  local cup competitions. 

However, if some players don't get much game time due to the clubs policy it's up to them.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

It works with other clubs, we once had far smaller sqauds in a much larger Central League and played in several  local cup competitions. 

However, if some players don't get much game time due to the clubs policy it's up to them.

Oh BP. You are one for the traditional sport. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Oh BP. You are one for the traditional sport. 

The good old days, used to love the Central League where youths mixed with senior players which was great for experience and from my spect scouting. At least  some bigger clubs still believe in it.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sorry but you've lost the plot on this one. For a start we were a league club, there was one sub in first team games and I'm pretty sure that having a team in the central league then was compulsory. The manager explained the reason in the podcast and it was clear and logical.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Probably when you only had a matchday squad of 12!😆

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

With us in it 14 league games plus their cups and the  Lancashire Senior Cup seems fine to me, but if the club want players idling and being paid for nothing like last season it's up to them. Not many businesses wouldn't operate that way, certainly not Frank's I'm sure.

training all week plus a game on saturday is the exact opposite of idling.

• Matt unfeatured this topic