BPAS PODCAST: 14th Aug ‘23, S4E4: Fantastic Latics

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

they don't.

I love the pod, but they are pro Unsy as much as they can be. 

Take our squad, facilities and budget at face value and we should be performing far better than we are. 

Said it so many times but Unsy relies on the quality of the players to drag him through, he’s a poor football manager. 

yes but take last weeks for example they didnt hold back.

the whole argument isnt 'Pro Unsy' it is Anti Rip Up and Start Again. its is lets not always do what we have always done because it doesnt work.

that is what the club are asking us for as fans so thats what they feel honour bound to amplify. correctly.

if the club pulls the trigger the club pulls the trigger but it's not our job to demand it. not yet anyway!!

in my opinion. yours may differ and l get it. but defo so do the pod they voluntarily listen all opinion for hours of their lives every week!!!

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I love the pod, but they are pro Unsy as much as they can be. 

Take our squad, facilities and budget at face value and we should be performing far better than we are. 

Said it so many times but Unsy relies on the quality of the players to drag him through, he’s a poor football manager. 

Can you give an example of how they've been specifically pro Unsworth? Rather than being generally pro patience.

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Can you give an example of how they've been specifically pro Unsworth? Rather than being generally pro patience.

Sure. Two recent examples is the shift in attitude after the pod episode with him and after his interview after the Aldershot game. 

Isn’t giving someone an extended period of patience being pro someone by the way ?

1 win in 3, if that turns into 1 win in 5, he’s gone.  

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Isn’t giving someone an extended period of patience being pro someone by the way ?

I don't think it is personally. They were incredibly critical of the Southend game, but positive after Aldershot. That seems reasonable to me.

Plus "extended period" is subjective. He's been backed this summer with a view to a promotion push, so calling for patience after a couple of games isn't an extended period in my view.

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I don't think it is personally. They were incredibly critical of the Southend game, but positive after Aldershot. That seems reasonable to me.

Plus "extended period" is subjective. He's been backed this summer with a view to a promotion push, so calling for patience after a couple of games isn't an extended period in my view.

Fair enough, the whole topic is subjective. I really appreciate what the pod and phone in does and never miss an episode. They are fans at the end of the day and their emotions will be as likely to change as any other fan, so I don’t want to be critical of them.

Personally, the more as time progresses the more confirmation I get that Unsworth isn’t up for the job. I’m a big fan of Tollitt, but how he managed to stay on the pitch for as long as he did yesterday I’ll never know.

Unsworth had no idea how to turn that game around yesterday. 

If he wanted to persist with the system he could have put Shelton or Sheron at rb and brought Gardner on in the middle. Freeman looked absolutely dead.

But he did a like for like sub with Nuttall, fine. Then brought Reid on to play on the wing. Strange. 

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Fair enough, the whole topic is subjective. I really appreciate what the pod and phone in does and never miss an episode. They are fans at the end of the day and their emotions will be as likely to change as any other fan, so I don’t want to be critical of them.

Personally, the more as time progresses the more confirmation I get that Unsworth isn’t up for the job. I’m a big fan of Tollitt, but how he managed to stay on the pitch for as long as he did yesterday I’ll never know.

If he wanted to persist with the system he could have put Shelton or Sheron at rb and brought Gardner on in the middle. Freeman looked absolutely dead.

But he did a like for like sub with Nuttall, fine. Then brought Reid on to play on the wing. Strange. 

I get what you're saying,

They have to toe the line in order to get him to talk to them and being over friendly towards him, keeps him sweet for every interview, win or lose

9 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I get what you're saying,

They have to toe the line in order to get him to talk to them and being over friendly towards him, keeps him sweet for every interview, win or lose

Yeah I appreciate that. They also can’t be seen to be nice to him when they see him and then criticise him on the pod. 
Ultimately, results will determine the outcome. If we want automatic, if the results don’t go our way the next two games, we pull the trigger. 

Edited by LightDN123

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I missed the 2nd half so don’t have strong opinions but his in game changes or lack of are probably his biggest weakness. There is rarely any innovation. 

We have a decent size squad with competition for most places. Personally I don’t see the point (other than trying to keep them all happy) of 3 strikers as subs. I know we have injuries but surely we can put more variety on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah I appreciate that. They also can’t be seen to be nice to him when they see him and then criticise him on the pod. 
Ultimately, results will determine the outcome. If we want automatic, if the results don’t go our way the next two games, we pull the trigger. 

Does the next manager get 5 games as well then?

In that event they wouldn't get a peep out of him ever again,

No doubts being over 60,  I could tell him to his face and he'd be more respectful of my opinion 😉

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

With this squad it is 3...

Which is the best squad we have had for a couple of years, but still he can't get them to look like a team. The fact of it is that Unsworth is limited in his ability to manage a football team effectively, in 12 months  time when we are still in this division we will be saying we missed a good opportunity to get promoted. 

• Like 1

Future manager's contract:

Right, you've 5 game's to prove yourself worthy to manage this great club,

We'll allow you 2 losses but we expect 9 points from 15 

The next 5 game's will need to yield atleast 8 point's from the 15 and so on.

Anyone applying that doesn't understand this or think it achievable, need not apply!

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Spelling error

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah if he wins 1 in 5. Turnaround or not, we have a top 2 budget and attendances, I expect more. 

Certainly radical. Might be tricky attracting a manager who knows they could be out on their ear before they've sorted their parking space out though...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Which is the best squad we have had for a couple of years, but still he can't get them to look like a team. The fact of it is that Unsworth is limited in his ability to manage a football team effectively, in 12 months  time when we are still in this division we will be saying we missed a good opportunity to get promoted. 

Surely with a such talented squad it will only be a matter of time before promotion is gained, there will be no need for looking back.

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Certainly radical. Might be tricky attracting a manager who knows they could be out on their ear before they've sorted their parking space out though...

Any manager worthy would get this squad winning games. Anyhow, let’s see how we get on at Chesterfield. 

Will you be joining us in the terraces this weekend ? 

Any manager worthy would get this squad winning games. Anyhow, let’s see how we get on at Chesterfield. 

Will you be joining us in the terraces this weekend ? 

I won't be no, the early ko and being on TV made it an easy one to swerve to be honest.

• Like 1