MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I normally don’t care much about what gets said in interviews but I liked this one. Purely for the reason that he confidently stuck up for himself and his players. 

Confidently telling the fans we won't go up automatically. Great stuff.

Overall a well  deserved point but so nearly a loss again.

Just glad we have Norwood in our team.Looked more like scoring after Nuttall went off.Wish Reid could get a game start instead.

Great away support but the invasion will have consequences  and I feel for Frank Rothwell .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Confidently telling the fans we won't go up automatically. Great stuff.

It's called managing expectations (entitlement!). Start blowing your own trumpet you galvanise the opposition. 

When we have Green, Lundstram, Ward available and Freeman, Dickenson, Norwood up to speed, I honestly don't think we will be a million miles off, despite the slow start.

People talking like this was a gameplan expertly worked out by the tactical genius that is Mike Bassett.... I mean David Unsworth, it will be the same at Boring Wood next week, if you are going to start with a 4-3-3 at least have a go, asking players like Nuttall and Willoughby to play as wide men in a defensive 4-5-1 is just embarrassing, bit like playing with 9 or 10 men sitting in like that, what I dont get is when we played a higher press they looked shaky as fuck at the back but we did it just 2 or 3 times throughout the game, still no clean sheet after four attempts and the world beaters Southend turned over at home by Hartlepool who I'm presuming didn't go there for a 0-0 and play 8 at the back.

This league is dogshit yet Dale and Hartlepool are both above us despite us being told teams who come down struggle like fuck to adjust. On a positive it's another point for the winning machine and at the current rate 46 should see us safe for another season whilst we allow Chesterfield to piss the league and have another go with Unsworth at the wheel next season.

Joy...

Choo choo.....

Edited by yarddog73

4 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Good strikers create something out of nothing, he's scored three already and will probably be the 20+ striker the fans have been waiting for. He can't do it all on his own but I'd rather have Norwood in the team than Grigg. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Can you stick Unsworths post match please, embarrassing 🙈

I don't know about you but I'm extremely happy with today's point and with a striker that has what it takes to change the outcome of game's like this one.

Norwood could prove to be the difference in so many of our fixtures and he certainly knows what's needed if that interview is anything to go by.

On to Boreham and I think we'll be buoyed by this result 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I don't know about you but I'm extremely happy with today's point and with a striker that has what it takes to change the outcome of game's like this one.

Norwood could prove to be the difference in so many of our fixtures and he certainly knows what's needed if that interview is anything to go by.

Agreed.

Lets hope we give him the opportunity to be as good as he can be!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Another really tough one for different reasons. Boreham will launch it and we'll need to be a damn sight better on set-pieces and second ball. 

1 minute ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I believe most of us would have taken a point beforehand, I thought it would be a battering from Chesterfield. I'm sure the Chesterfield fans will be as gutted as we are delighted, our slice of fortune being their misfortune. The set-up and style will not change at Boreham, he says as much in the interview only, he needs to be good on his word and play "expansive at home". 

Just now, Boyyou said:

Another really tough one for different reasons. Boreham will launch it and we'll need to be a damn sight better on set-pieces and second ball. 

Every game's going to be tough

Smaller club's want to see us off because of our past history, we've got to show them why we made some

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I believe most of us would have taken a point beforehand, I thought it would be a battering from Chesterfield. I'm sure the Chesterfield fans will be as gutted as we are delighted, our slice of fortune being their misfortune. The set-up and style will not change at Boreham, he says as much in the interview only, he needs to be good on his word and play "expansive at home". 

Hopefully this result will breed some confidence, especially after such a poor showing, Boreham will know they've got a game on their hands now.

We have to make sure we're at it and I'm sure we'll see better than today

3 hours ago, tGWB said:

What's happening to us !

We draw 1-1 at the BOOKIES favourite for the League

Arguably our two best midfielders are out injured

Shamefully, Frank had to put up with fan anger, the wonderful man who saved our club

HATE for the Manager pouring out from the stands and all over Social Media

An extract from a post from a Chesterfield supporter:

"Thought Oldham looked okay and really well organised at the back and basically stopped us playing most of the game. Although we had most of the possession we didn't really create that many clear chances so a draw was a fair result in the end

You finger how many of our fans are proper knobheads till incidents like today.

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Just seen the goal and I have to say Norwood is massively out of order and partly responsible for the chaos there. He has 1400 Latics fans right in front of him but elects to run over to the Chesterfield fans and take the piss!

If he had just run in to our end and celebrated with our fans it would (probably) have stayed there with only a few on the pitch around him

Proper dickhead behaviour tbh 

Striker winds up fans after 96th minute equaliser. Best hang him

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Son how are the "Unsworth should be sacked for not playing Willoughby" boys feeling about his performance?

Actually thought he worked hard for the team, although Green's extra pace would have been useful today. 

Over a long, hard season the squad depth will be vital and I think Willoughby will  play his part, whether from the start or the bench.

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Sheron at RM, the videos of Frank getting grief, the game being called due to safety concerns, the support from our fans for the 10min period before the Chesterfield goal is the best I’ve seen in a long time, DU after match presser. 

An eventful day.

I think fans have made their minds up on Unsy, and I don’t see how he can come back from it. 

Absolutely scrambled. 

HAVE YOU HEARD WHAT THE CROWD ARE FUCKING SHOUTING? "FUCK BASSETT!" "BASSETT'S A CUNT!" "BASSETT'S A BASTARD!" "BASSETT'S A WANKER!" THEY SHOULDN'T BE FUCKING SHOUTING AT ME, THEY SHOULD BE SHOUTING AT YOU, AND DO YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING HALF-TIME, AND WE'RE FUCKING 2-0 DOWN TO THE FUCKING MEXICANS! WHAT THE FUCK'S WRONG WITH YOU? GET YOUR FUCKING FINGERS OUT! WHERE'S YOUR BOTTLE FUCKING GONE?

Basset out

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Son how are the "Unsworth should be sacked for not playing Willoughby" boys feeling about his performance?

In fairness, his lack of game time was fully onshow today

Remember, he was banging them in for fun, granted at a lower level but that was enough for your man to want to have him in the squad

1 minute ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

In fairness, his lack of game time was fully onshow today

Remember, he was banging them in for fun, granted at a lower level but that was enough for your man to want to have him in the squad

And he was in a different position in a different team with an attacking mindset.

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Was he played as a striker? 
I didn't see the game.

Virtually a left winger

Not his game but then again right wing isn't Nuttalls and he was just as bad

Thank God Norwood was out and out, I predicted if be got a sniff after that missed lob, he wouldn't be found wanting and so it came to pass.

Dave is asking player's to do jobs they can't fulfil, no wonder it's difficult watching

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Virtually a left winger

Not his game but then again right wing isn't Nuttalls and he was just as bad

Thank God Norwood was out and out, I predicted if be got a sniff after that missed lob, he wouldn't be found wanting and so it came to pass.

Dave is asking player's to do jobs they can't fulfil, no wonder it's difficult watching

So, he asked players to play in unfamiliar roles, in a defensive set-up, hoping their natural instincts would catch Chesterfield on the break and snatch a win? If not, stay in shape. The return of Ward, Lundstrum and Green can't come soon enough, even then, there ain't no guarantees.