MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

45 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I fancy a win. Despite their good start, our squad is as good, if not better, than theirs...

This was your post for the Halifax game:

“These are crap and they don't have  Dean Watson helping them out tomorrow. Norwood first half hattrick and then give him a rest ahead of Chesterfield. 4-0 home win minimum...”

😮

Green ain't no RWB particularly against the wide men Chesterfield will put out, he should play a 4-5-1 tomorrow particularly if Tunicliffe comes in. Get a good hour out of Norwood upfront and then change it accordingly, if we go with Sheron and Shelton as the two we may as well not turn up, Green and Dickinson as the two wide men in the five.

Norman

Freeman 

Hobson

Raglan

Kitching 

Green

Gardner

Sheron

Tunicliffe 

Dickinson 

Norwood

Hudson

Hogan

Shelton

Fondop

Willoughby 

Edited by yarddog73

Other issue I have is this centrehalf pairing of Hogan and Raglan, they've looked fucking awful watching our games back, Hogan has an head like a 50p piece and the pair have been all over the shop for a number of goals and gilt edged chances we've conceded, we haven't looked like keeping a clean sheet this season after looking quite solid at the back end of last with Sutton and Yarney. I know Hobson is a young ish lad and probably easiest to drop but why hasn't he been given a chance? He loves a tackle is a proper defender and has more pace than the other two combined, another weird one for me is why we brought Raglan in after securing his signature, we've replaced Sutton and Yarney with Freeman and Raglan and look quite a bit worse off in my opinion, our shit form and lack of clean sheets coincides with Yarney and Sutton not being in the team which could be telling, whatever Yarney wanted wouldn't be a patch on what Raglan and Hobson are pulling and we look worse off for it.

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

This was your post for the Halifax game:

“These are crap and they don't have  Dean Watson helping them out tomorrow. Norwood first half hattrick and then give him a rest ahead of Chesterfield. 4-0 home win minimum...”

😮

He's full of shit. 

What are peoples opinions on having no sub keeper on the bench?

We may be forced into it tomorrow but I find it odd. Especially as Unsworth hasn’t seemed keen to use the strength on the bench yet anyway.

Norman got rounded off his line v Aldershot - what if he’d made a challenge and got a red? Or what if he’d started v Halifax and then got this injury a few mins in instead? Hudson wasn’t named on the bench for that match so we’d be goosed.

it’s a risky tactic just to keep an extra outfielder happy with a place on the bench (who then becomes unhappy because they don’t get on the pitch anyway!!)

I assume our coaching team know enough about Banks not give him the space the Halifax lad had to have a crack at goal?

Why have I a funny feeling they don't though and he will strike a thunderbolt into the top corner of the net with no Latics player near him?

Edited by BP1960

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I assume our coaching team know enough about Banks not give him the space the Halifax lad had to have a crack at goal?

Why have I a funny feeling they don't though and he will strike a thunderbolt into the top corner of the net with no Latics player near him?

Yes he is a bit of an enigma. 😄