MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

No urgency after their goal, no creativity, very lucky to get that point. Chesterfield are nothing special, they won't run away with this league. They look frail at the back. Can see them losing a few if teams go out and attack them. As for Unsworth can't see him going anywhere. He won't resign and the board aren't gonna sack him and pay him off with him having a 3 year contract even if we have a season like last season. I think we're stuck with him, just hope he stumbles on something that gets us winning as the next few games gonna be tough as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

I'd be more worried if I were a Chesterfield fan after that, looked a long way from what a title favourite should look like.

Kind of agree, they didn't look anything special to me and any side who couldn't put us to the sword in that second half should be a bit worried.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Unsworth post match 🙈🙈🙈

Embarrassing isn’t he. Not so much Defensive Dave as Delusional Dave. Comes across like a pub manager of what for a lot of the second half played like a pub team.

We will cop it for that moronic pitch invasion. The lout who pushed over the Chesterfield keeper should be banned for life and thrown in prison as well.

Unsworth, in his interview has just said Chesterfield will probably win the league….even he thinks it he shouldn’t say it surely!!

They are nowt special but we have to be far far better than that!

If we don’t improve substantially when the injured players come back then Unsworth has to go for me!

6 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Pushing their keeper over was disgusting. Whoever did that should be banned for life.

Fans were brilliant throughout, but we can't be having that.

Hope Latics ask for footage to identify those responsible and get them banned. Vast majority of our fans are great but these drunken morons bring shame on the club - and, no doubt,  a hefty fine.

• Like 2

No player would choose to walk out on to the pitch with the intention of sitting back and watching the other team play like that.  I have my own gripes with the performances of individuals but it must be so frustrating to be told to back off like that.

They struggle to find a pass on rare occasion they get the ball because the team is static and not ready to break forward. They pass it then walk back to their position. DU will not change his mentality and has to go. We’re supposed to be 2nd favourites in the NL!

Fantastic that Norwood scored. Team didn’t deserve it though. 😉 

Edited by Half Way to Crazy

4 minutes ago, Half Way to Crazy said:

No player would choose to walk out on to the pitch with the intention of sitting back and watching the other team play like that.  I have my own gripes with the performances of individuals but it must be so frustrating to be told to back off like that.

They struggle to find a pass on rare occasion they get the ball because the team is static and not ready to break forward. They pass it then walk back to their position. DU will not change his mentality and has to go. We’re supposed to be 2nd favourites in the NL!

Fantastic that Norwood scored. Not deserved though. 😉 

Agree on the player intentions, they are doing as per instructed because no player wants to be dropped for not following the manager's direction. Disagree on the Norwood goal. He deserved it for playing to the final minute, for being in the right place and for putting the ball in the net. 

• Like 1

If our own manager is telling us Chesterfield will win the league four games in it tells you all you need to know about the mentality around the club, fucking negative defeatist in charge whose beat already, unfotunately his teams reflect his attitude.

Meanwhile Norwood is saying post match - we want to win the league. . . tells you all about the differing mentality. 

• Like 2

If our own manager is telling us Chesterfield will win the league four games in it tells you all you need to know about the mentality around the club, fucking negative defeatist in charge whose beat already, unfotunately his teams reflect his attitude.

He's only saying what the fans have been saying...

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Agree on the player intentions, they are doing as per instructed because no player wants to be dropped for not following the manager's direction. Disagree on the Norwood goal. He deserved it for playing to the final minute, for being in the right place and for putting the ball in the net. 

If that is truly the case then all they need to do as a collective is address the coaching staff and say we are not comfortable playing this way, what are they going to say, you're all dropped? 

Of course the team reflects his attitude because they follow his instructions. No team, even when the players may disagree with the game plan, is going to go out and play the game the way they think it should be played, otherwise there would be no point in having a manager.

I also think there's no point in having Unsworth as he clearly isn't a manager.

If that is truly the case then all they need to do as a collective is address the coaching staff and say we are not comfortable playing this way, what are they going to say, you're all dropped? 

I agree but is that going to happen? Do all the players disagree with his methods or just some of them or would they feel it would be a pointless exercise and just play shit?

Come on Rob- that’s the tail wagging the dog. How undermined would he look if he said, ‘ok lads, I’m listening- you tell me how we should play’ He would have zero credibility left.