Am with Frank

Surely the OAFC fanbase can understand that a bloke when in his early 70's, with the drive and determination to row the 3,000 miles across the Atlantic to raise £1,000,000 for charity, just isn't going to fail to get our club back into the EFL

Frank writes the cheques whilst the Board manages the business side of the club

Like every driven CEO he will be all over the £numbers and business / team performance

He strikes me as an owner who will give someone every opportunity and support to succeed but will make changes if needed

I truly believe that our Club is in good hands and that we should trust Frank and his family with the future of our Football Club

Personally, whilst I appreciate that some fans don't like the Manager and some of our players, I think calling them out at games in the way some do, just undermines the rebuilding of our Club

#amwithfrankandoafc

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I actually read the title as AM with Frank!

Talking of radio, did anyone else hear Frank on BBC Radio Manchester yesterday evening? He was at Boundary Park for Oldham Rugby's first game back at BP.

As well as confirming that he is going to row the Atlantic again, he was asked what his targets for this season were given the club's 'topsy turvy' start to their campaign. His reply was a minimum of well in the play-off positions, and he repeated minimum!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g4bbc3  

About 48:40 minutes in.

3 hours ago, tGWB said:

Surely the OAFC fanbase can understand that a bloke when in his early 70's, with the drive and determination to row the 3,000 miles across the Atlantic to raise £1,000,000 for charity, just isn't going to fail to get our club back into the EFL

Frank writes the cheques whilst the Board manages the business side of the club

Like every driven CEO he will be all over the £numbers and business / team performance

He strikes me as an owner who will give someone every opportunity and support to succeed but will make changes if needed

I truly believe that our Club is in good hands and that we should trust Frank and his family with the future of our Football Club

Personally, whilst I appreciate that some fans don't like the Manager and some of our players, I think calling them out at games in the way some do, just undermines the rebuilding of our Club

#amwithfrankandoafc

Let's hope we can all dig deep to help his total,

What a man 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

I actually read the title as AM with Frank!

Talking of radio, did anyone else hear Frank on BBC Radio Manchester yesterday evening? He was at Boundary Park for Oldham Rugby's first game back at BP.

As well as confirming that he is going to row the Atlantic again, he was asked what his targets for this season were given the club's 'topsy turvy' start to their campaign. His reply was a minimum of well in the play-off positions, and he repeated minimum!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g4bbc3  

About 48:40 minutes in.

Ok so we know what Rhino has been told. No excuses this season I guess.

16 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

3 year's? 😩

Some of us oldies might be out of it by that time

Longer and we definitely will 👻

Get it done man!

Hang on in there brother.  I hope you get your telegram and a few years there after. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lags said:

Hang on in there brother.  I hope you get your telegram and a few years there after. 

Bloody hell,

Don't wish that on me

Three score and ten plus every day after as a bonus from our lord will do me just fine 😂 and hopefully League one or above before I finally meet him.

3 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Bloody hell,

Don't wish that on me

Three score and ten plus every day after as a bonus from our lord will do me just fine 😂 and hopefully League one or above before I finally meet him.

I've just donated  to Frank's wonderful  charity and hope he raises  a lot.What a truly  nice person.He puts so much money time and effort into our club. My utmost respect  to him and his family.I am envious of his rowing across the Atlantic  I doubt  I could row across Alexander  Park Lake.

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I've just donated  to Frank's wonderful  charity and hope he raises  a lot.What a truly  nice person.He puts so much money time and effort into our club. My utmost respect  to him and his family.I am envious of his rowing across the Atlantic  I doubt  I could row across Alexander  Park Lake.

Well done Sir,

I'll be doing the same myself over the weekend when I see how much the wife's left me 😉

Yes, one of a kind and very driven to be doing both, forget any rowing lol

Most 20 year old's would struggle to cross Dovestone let alone the challenge Franks taking on

its about sustainability for me.

I think Frank said when he first came in that he wanted the club to be self-sustaining. Can we afford it? promotion and being promoted up the leagues?

I did put a question in at the forum about how far off are we and what other models they were looking at. However, I don't think it was asked.

Well done Frank charity efforts though

2 hours ago, underdog said:

its about sustainability for me.

I think Frank said when he first came in that he wanted the club to be self-sustaining. Can we afford it? promotion and being promoted up the leagues?

I did put a question in at the forum about how far off are we and what other models they were looking at. However, I don't think it was asked.

Well done Frank charity efforts though

I don’t think being sustainable for a fair few years is realistic to be honest. Even then, to be competitive in league 1, what’s that revenue wise to break even ?

Id imagine far more than we could generate. 

• Like 1