Time to go?

Would you sack David Unsworth following today's result?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Should the board relieve David Unsworth of his duties?

A rhetorical question surely?

If Unsworth doesn't go, then you seriously have to question FR and the whole board. I keep reading "he's a successful business man, you know." Maybe, but by heck if he can't see that he's appointed a failure in DU, then he's going to throw £millions down the drain. That would be very sad. The support of the town is there, Frank, but we can't stomach any more of a manager clearly way, way out of his depth.

Get rid - now.

• Like 1

The views of the vast majority on various forums and speaking to supporters in the ground is that we have given this imposter far too much time and money  and we have not improved one bit.

Other managers would love to have a team,ground and support we have.Just look at Halifax by comparison along with many more.

People want results .I'd put up with boring football  if we got them but we aren't. 

If Unworthy had an ounce of pride then he would walk out on Monday but he seems intent on destroying  all the goodwill built up by Frank single handed.

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 5

Whilst the Royles are on the scene then DU is going nowhere,

as good as Big Joe was remember the last manager he inflicted on us - Sharpe.

iF were bottom by Xmas & crowds are down to 3000 then they may start to wonder if it’s not working!!!

I fear DU will see out his 3 years unless the players themselves make it clear they no longer want to play for him .

The short term future is bleak.

Surprised it's been allowed to go on for this long, to be completely honest.

A truly shocking situation to be in, absolutely everything has been put in place off the field and he even went as far as replacing the sodding field itself.

Said it before, Frank's over generous goodwill and nature has sadly been misplaced and maybe it's more down to his own personal pride and not wanting to appear that he's failed after all he's given up, being incredibly popular and a success in his own right.

Ofcourse, then it's having to pay off a contract and for what?

Imagine how many midfielder's we could of had on the strength of that!

We feel bad about what's happening but I'll bet you can times that by ten, with what Frank will be feeling right now and it's just wrong!

Hopefully gone before facing a side who've won their last 3 game's this coming Saturday, that way we might salvage a point 😠

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone be a genuine Unsworth inner by which I mean saying that he's definitely the man for the job. Many, including me, have wanted a manager to be given a proper run for a decent amount of time for the first time in over a decade and were therefore prepared to be patient. I'm not changing that on the basis of one game that I didn't watch but it's very hard to put up any sort of positive side to a debate now.

I wish words like 'fraud' and 'imposter' could disappear though. They're just not right. I'm as sure as anyone can be that he's not turned up knowing he wasn't up to it but spotting an opportunity to grab some cash, which is what they imply.

Very fair that and correct 👍

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone be a genuine Unsworth inner by which I mean saying that he's definitely the man for the job. Many, including me, have wanted a manager to be given a proper run for a decent amount of time for the first time in over a decade and were therefore prepared to be patient. I'm not changing that on the basis of one game that I didn't watch but it's very hard to put up any sort of positive side to a debate now.

I wish words like 'fraud' and 'imposter' could disappear though. They're just not right. I'm as sure as anyone can be that he's not turned up knowing he wasn't up to it but spotting an opportunity to grab some cash, which is what they imply.

The massive elephant in the room though Dave is that we’ve gone backwards in an alarming fashion.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We haven't gone backwards, just continuing the slide we've been on for nearly thirty years.

Top 3 on form in the second part of the season and now hovering above the relegation zone is in my book is going backwards at break neck speed.👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We haven't gone backwards, just continuing the slide we've been on for nearly thirty years.

We took a huge step forward's and that really isn't up for debate,

What hasn't happened is we haven't progressed from it, not even standing still

So yes, we've gone backwards and if Unsworth stays in charge we'll be able to see that further in National league north 

9 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Top 3 on form in the second part of the season and now hovering above the relegation zone is in my book is going backwards at break neck speed.👍

There are no relegation zones in September.

I think the top 3 form thing has been debunked and a plenty of people said it didn't matter anyway.

9 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We took a huge step forward's and that really isn't up for debate,

What hasn't happened is we haven't progressed from it, not even standing still

So yes, we've gone backwards and if Unsworth stays in charge we'll be able to see that further in National league north 

Well it is because we didn't.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There's nothing to spin, you wrongly said we've gone backwards, I corrected you.

No you didn’t, I don’t accept your correction😂.

Anyway sir, I’ve got two beautiful girls to feed and get ready for church. 

Enjoy your day.👍

49 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Exactly, I was cringing yesterday as the voices for him to go got louder and louder. I feel sorry that this being what he thought was an ideal opportunity to test himself in management hasn’t worked out, but he’s had a year and im not having the notion “well he’s only just put his mark on the team “ that’s bollocks in my opinion, he’s been tinkering around now with the squad, brought people in prior to his all important pre season and I’ve seen very little of anything resembling progress. 8 games into this season and there’s  already a large gap between us and the top. He’s literally been given a shiny new toy with everything on it but doesn’t know how to use it. 

• Like 1