Time to go?

Would you sack David Unsworth following today's result?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Should the board relieve David Unsworth of his duties?

59 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

People really need to stop saying this, there's been no patience at all, there were calls for him to go a matter of weeks after he took over and they've barely subsided since.

The majority have been patient but there comes a time……………..

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

On performances I thought January was aimless punting. Aldershot away being a real low point. By the end of the season it was a bit better - our punts were more targetted. I think there was a bit of an improvement but I’m splitting hairs there!

Every club has those who are quick to judge. For me that doesn’t make them right when it doesn’t work out in the long run. I’m just trying to see how the board might be seeing it, as being a well run club overall is more important to me if we want long term success. If the only thing they’ve done wrong is appointed the wrong management team then that’s fairly easily rectified. And it will have little overall damage, depending on when the mistake is corrected. 

Yes, the Unsworth appointment on the face of it I thought was a good one initially, nepotism or not, I thought why not, all the experience he brings from his playing days and coaching the young lads plus Jeffers and ebrell, got to be worth a go. Nobody was to know it wouldn’t work really. Everyone had good intentions surely. There are no guarantees with anything. But it’s time to move on now with a plan b

• Like 1

From a match report (*) yesterday… sound familiar?

”A point away from home in an awkward environment is not to be dismissed lightly.
“What also cannot be dismissed is the lack of creativity, urgency and energy that required them to come from behind…”

(*) Gareth Southgate's latest endeavour… 

11 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yes, the Unsworth appointment on the face of it I thought was a good one initially, nepotism or not, I thought why not, all the experience he brings from his playing days and coaching the young lads plus Jeffers and ebrell, got to be worth a go. Nobody was to know it wouldn’t work really. Everyone had good intentions surely. There are no guarantees with anything. But it’s time to move on now with a plan b

Just on the nepotism thing, is it fact that DR and DU are long standing friends? Or is that something that’s been assumed by some? It gets brought up a lot but I genuinely don’t know. 

34 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If the only thing they’ve done wrong is appointed the wrong management team then that’s fairly easily rectified. And it will have little overall damage, depending on when the mistake is corrected. 

I disagree on this part. It's a lot harder to get attendances to increase than it is to get them to decrease. We've lost about 1.2 fans off home gates already this season. We could be looking at below 5k by the end of September if he's still here and back to the old days in terms of crowd.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Same at any club when results not going right

I want to put it right on the pitch 

The mood in the dressing room is good they want to do better and get wins on the board

Those are the only answers you'd get from any manager to those questions 

Smoke & mirror's 

To all those who just wanted to try a different path, be patient, and not swap managers. . I get it.

But it‘s not reality is it? Any manager must win enough football matches to warrant patience or put some credit in the bank. 

In one year. He’s two bad spells. 

3 wins in 17 leading up to new year. 

1 win in 8 this season. 

He’s won 14 out of 46 games. 

win ratio of less than 30%

You can’t just have blind patience for the sake of trying some new, when results are so poor. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Just a couple of points. The results, rather than performances were better from January - I don't think the performances changed that much. There were still some proper stinkers in that run (Eastleigh, Boreham Wood, Altrincham and Gateshead).

Plus the surge up the form table was in no small part thanks to the end-of-season purple patch when there was nothing to play for

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

To all those who just wanted to try a different path, be patient, and not swap managers. . I get it.

But it‘s not reality is it? Any manager must win enough football matches to warrant patience or put some credit in the bank. 

In one year. He’s two bad spells. 

3 wins in 17 leading up to new year. 

1 win in 8 this season. 

He’s won 14 out of 46 games. 

win ratio of less than 30%

You can’t just have blind patience for the sake of trying some new, when results are so poor. 

Classing this as a bad spell is a bit harsh, been a pretty tough set of fixtures to contend with.

13 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Then you need to get out more my friend,

I won't say another thing you don't agree with and that way I don't need to stand corrected (in your eyes) 😉

You can disagree all you like, tis a forum for opinions after all.

The fact remains you can't go backwards when you haven't been moving forward to begin with.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Classing this as a bad spell is a bit harsh, been a pretty tough set of fixtures to contend with.

You couldn’t defend him two games ago, now we’ve had some tough fixtures. . 😂😂

1 win in 8 is undoubtedly a bad spell, and any manager at any club would be under huge pressure- even more so when they have a top 3 budget. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

But we are supposed to have the squad to compete in and win the tough fixtures now. We’ve won 1. 3 points was required yesterday and there for the taking no disrespect to Dorking and yet again we fluffed it. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You couldn’t defend him two games ago, now we’ve had some tough fixtures. . 😂😂

1 win in 8 is undoubtedly a bad spell, and any manager at any club would be under huge pressure- even more so when they have a top 3 budget. 

No manager should be under pressure eight games into a season really, not unless your fanbase is mentally unstable.

36 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Just on the nepotism thing, is it fact that DR and DU are long standing friends? Or is that something that’s been assumed by some? It gets brought up a lot but I genuinely don’t know. 

I’m not sure myself, I just mentioned it because it’s been raised a fair bit. The Royle/Everton connection is strong and Unsworth has been there for a long time so could be close friends, who knows. But regardless I thought it could be a good appointment when he arrived. I don’t anymore . 

3 minutes ago, True Tic said:

But we are supposed to have the squad to compete in and win the tough fixtures now. We’ve won 1. 3 points was required yesterday and there for the taking no disrespect to Dorking and yet again we fluffed it. 

If we have got such a squad then you'd think they'd at least be displaying some of the characteristics needed.

56 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No manager should be under pressure eight games into a season really, not unless your fanbase is mentally unstable.

Depends if it was their first 8 games ever managed, or if they were pretty shit last season as well.

I see Tranmere have sacked their manager today.  And York have done already this season.