Time to go?

Would you sack David Unsworth following today's result?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Should the board relieve David Unsworth of his duties?

6 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

At the risk of becoming no.6........

Come on, @BP1960, there's no need for that. I would say @Dave_Og is one of the more thoughtful and restrained posters on here! You're resorting to the personal abuse that you rightly complain about from others.

It's a discussion forum, all sorts of opinions, as has often been pointed out. Remember the one thing we all have in common - the misfortune to be Latics fans! 😆 Relax and don't get so touchy.

He  always questions what I say. don't need to explain my every post to him and got fed up of it. I feel better for it.

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He  always questions what I say. don't need to explain my every post to him and got fed up of it. I feel better for it.

Lol, interesting who was the first to mention the term “pompous pain”.

How does that old saying go? “It takes one to know one”? Old sayings are full of wisdom I find.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

Lol, interesting who was the first to mention the term “pompous pain”.

How does that old saying go? “It takes one to know one”? Old sayings are full of wisdom I find.

I'm wise enough to retire from OWTB.

Bye.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I'm wise enough to retire from OWTB.

Bye.

BP - just learn not to rise to the bait. Fluffy's been at it a long time.

Also, don't take it personal - the "social media" world is a strange place, full of very strange people - not often you get well-balanced, nice people like me. Please stay 😀

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

BP - just learn not to rise to the bait. Fluffy's been at it a long time.

Also, don't take it personal - the "social media" world is a strange place, full of very strange people - not often you get well-balanced, nice people like me. Please stay 😀

If only it was just me he takes offence to. Plenty of people he cries about who are just discussing things or asking him questions. @Dave_Og prime example. Extremely pleasant with his posts, gets shit off BP for nowt

19 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If only it was just me he takes offence to. Plenty of people he cries about who are just discussing things or asking him questions. @Dave_Og prime example. Extremely pleasant with his posts, gets shit off BP for nowt

Where has the thread on BP leaving gone? These moderators are stepping way out of line if it's been removed.

Tough call this one.

Very few people know what managers are like in the workplace, so we look for proxies to give us a clue.

On the downside, he doesn't come over very well on social media, and many of you think he is limited tactically. 

On the upside, the club clearly bought into his plan when he was appointed and are prepared to back him financially.

I think he's been a bit unlucky in that he had had two poor spells bookending a period in the middle when the club was right at the top of the form table. The end of season came at a bad time for him.

He's had barely a year, fifty games and the club is largely where it was when he took over. My club are four years into a new regime and also more or less were we started. It's not uncommon.

I think it is a very hard decision to make when there are factors that could pull you either way. And I would imagine that the club's senior folk are mindful of the fact that they can't keep swapping managers and handling the fall out that it brings. 

8 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Tough call this one.

Very few people know what managers are like in the workplace, so we look for proxies to give us a clue.

On the downside, he doesn't come over very well on social media, and many of you think he is limited tactically. 

On the upside, the club clearly bought into his plan when he was appointed and are prepared to back him financially.

I think he's been a bit unlucky in that he had had two poor spells bookending a period in the middle when the club was right at the top of the form table. The end of season came at a bad time for him.

He's had barely a year, fifty games and the club is largely where it was when he took over. My club are four years into a new regime and also more or less were we started. It's not uncommon.

I think it is a very hard decision to make when there are factors that could pull you either way. And I would imagine that the club's senior folk are mindful of the fact that they can't keep swapping managers and handling the fall out that it brings. 

Difference would be that you are in a realistic position given your overall scale and recent history. We're some way below where we not unreasonably think we should be.

7 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Tough call this one.

Or you could argue he had 1 lucky spell, where fixtures were kind and we were playing sides with nothing to play for and therefore the end of the season came at a good time for him. 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Difference would be that you are in a realistic position given your overall scale and recent history. We're some way below where we not unreasonably think we should be.

Fair point. 

I start from the premise that, across the top five Divisions, only around one seventh of them are successful (in terms of advancement) in any one season. Given how inherently difficult that is, I feel that clubs reach for the loaded revolver far too often and far too soon.

37 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Tough call this one.

It's not a tough call at all. He's shite and isn't going to improve. 

14 wins in 50

1 win in 8

I'm gutted he's still here

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Or you could argue he had 1 lucky spell, where fixtures were kind and we were playing sides with nothing to play for and therefore the end of the season came at a good time for him. 

We're talking a 24 game spell I think from after the boxing day game to the end of the season. There's enough to criticise DU for without having to misrepresent any positives.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I can longer see it either.

Strange in that @BP1960 has left the building.

I wish him well 😃

It is a pity the thread has gone. Why? although the like received from you 'TheBigDog' on a comment I posted remains on my profile, it delivered me from negative to neutral status. Does this mean my rehabilitation is complete and my prison sentence and probation handed down from Matt is spent? falsely I may add.

So you are now the deliverer for all time.

• Like 2