Eastleigh match is dedicated Remebrance match

Dear all

OAFC veterans supporter group has been key in planning this weekends remembrance match at BP

working with the club, OACT, RBL, local cadets and SSAFA too.

Details for veterans and  current serving personnel on how to claim a free ticket to this weekends match

• Thanks 1

Did you know that there are almost 6,000 veterans living in Oldham and of that amount, nearly 2000 are registered as disabled.

There has been some postive press reactions and outcomes for all parties who work with and volunteer for this group.

As we lead upto remembrance weekend, there has been a BP blog done and today, a press article on how this group came to be and the importance of remembrance

You don't have to have served/serving to support the work they are doing with both OACT and OAFC in the community. Just like and give us a follow or come on over and say hello in the fans bar pre match days....yes we do prop up the end of the bar too haha

thanks everyone for your support

Edited by underdog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2023 at 6:49 PM, underdog said:

Dear all

OAFC veterans supporter group has been key in planning this weekends remembrance match at BP

working with the club, OACT, RBL, local cadets and SSAFA too.

Details for veterans and  current serving personnel on how to claim a free ticket to this weekends match

That was the best we’ve dealt with Remembrance for years. Well done all. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

well done Underdog

Defo not all me. Honest.....I just knitted some poppies and provide admin support.  Adjutant/secretary/photographer for the team Vets. We all took some photos of the day and they will go out on The veterans FB/twitter pages, we are compiling them, and rolling them out so you might want to look out for them

Today was defo a partnership. lots of planning by OAFC, OACT, RBL, SSAFA, OAFC veterans and Athleticos.

Edited by underdog

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

As an aside what did the silhouette of the soldier against the white backdrop look like? As part of the background I wasn't in a position to see it. 

Athleticos have one. But I am crap at uploading but I did stick it on a twitter page

hope it works. its this one

Edited by underdog

It was a wonderful tribute and I spoke to an Athletico who explained how some of them had spent hours rigging everything up. The youth of today often get a bad press but I think the Athleticos are wonderful and a really positive aspect of OAFC - well done lads and thank you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone notice the poppies mown into the grass on each alternate segment of the pitch on the JR side of the ground?

So thanks to the ground staff - they do deserve more praise - as the pitch is amazing for this time of the year.

Well done!!  :OASISscarf:.

Thanks - Brian,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Millibob said:

Did anyone notice the poppies mown into the grass on each alternate segment of the pitch on the JR side of the ground?

So thanks to the ground staff - they do deserve more praise - as the pitch is amazing for this time of the year.

Well done!!  :OASISscarf:.

Thanks - Brian,

I saw it, don’t know how they did it but it was a nice touch . I think the whole remembrance thing was wonderful to be honest and the silence was impeccable. 

• Like 2