Championship/Div 1

Pld 138 W40 D40 L58

League One

Pld 966 W316 D298 L352

League Two

Pld 175 W49 D48 L78

Non League

Pld 46 W16 D13 L17

In those 29 seasons we've had 6 winning seasons, four of which were consecutive from 2005-2009 and 2009 was the last season where we won more than we lost. I'm amazed we have the fan base we do!

I'd say we were about due for a little success.

3 hours ago, ottantuno said:

Latics' league record in the 29 full seasons since the Premiership demise is:

Pld 1325 W421 D399 L505

That breaks down as:

Championship/Div 1

Pld 138 W40 D40 L58

League One

Pld 966 W316 D298 L352

League Two

Pld 175 W49 D48 L78

Non League

Pld 46 W16 D13 L17

In those 29 seasons we've had 6 winning seasons, four of which were consecutive from 2005-2009 and 2009 was the last season where we won more than we lost. I'm amazed we have the fan base we do!

You masochist !

Would any of us swap it for supporting Anyonelse?

We know its been shit but for better or worse this is our club and Boundary Park is our home/place of worship. Thats not necessarily to say we should put up and shut up, I felt quite inspired at times when people took up arms during the lemmies era to fight for the club I didn't think we had it in us, if we are not happy we are (within reason) entitled to say. 

Despite everything that's happened to us despite the endless false dawns where you hoped we turned the corner only for that hope to be extinguished faster than it arrived. We are still here, we are still standing and still fighting.

I've waited too long for success to give up now,  I reckon the rest of you feel the same.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ottantuno said:

Latics' league record in the 29 full seasons since the Premiership demise is:

Pld 1325 W421 D399 L505

That breaks down as:

Championship/Div 1

Pld 138 W40 D40 L58

League One

Pld 966 W316 D298 L352

League Two

Pld 175 W49 D48 L78

Non League

Pld 46 W16 D13 L17

This is why I cling to anything positive or sign/s things might be turning. Like everybody else, I’m absolutely desperate for us to have some success, and be relevant again. 

• Like 1

There've been 218 home league defeats since Royle left in 1994-95, and at least 250 home defeats in league and cup matches since that time. I find this both horrifying and fascinating, and have expressed some views on the subject in other threads which have not exactly been warmly welcomed, lol. Still, definitely worth thinking about IMHO.

Edited by Summerdeep

5 hours ago, Summerdeep said:

There've been 218 home league defeats since Royle left in 1994-95, and at least 250 home defeats in league and cup matches since that time. I find this both horrifying and fascinating, and have expressed some views on the subject in other threads which have not exactly been warmly welcomed, lol. Still, definitely worth thinking about IMHO.

What is there to think about? We've been crap and getting worse for 30 years. It would be a bit odd if we hadn't lost loads of games in that time 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

What is there to think about? We've been crap and getting worse for 30 years. It would be a bit odd if we hadn't lost loads of games in that time 

It's the thing about the home record that gets me, not the number of defeats in general. An average of nearly nine defeats at BP per season, and no suggestion throughout the entire period that the place was ever close to becoming a 'fortress'. The side struggled for three seasons (1974-77) just above the relegation zone when first promoted to the old Division 2, but was still very difficult to beat at home throughout that period (average of three defeats per season).

Edited by Summerdeep

2 hours ago, Summerdeep said:

It's the thing about the home record that gets me, not the number of defeats in general. An average of nearly nine defeats at BP per season, and no suggestion throughout the entire period that the place was ever close to becoming a 'fortress'. The side struggled for three seasons (1974-77) just above the relegation zone when first promoted to the old Division 2, but was still very difficult to beat at home throughout that period (average of three defeats per season).

Indeed, and  in the early 80s, when I left town, there were precious few away wins to see.  Put it down to the levelling of the slope r whatever but the simple fact is that we haven't had a good side for any kind of prolonged period for 30 years

52 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Indeed, and  in the early 80s, when I left town, there were precious few away wins to see.  Put it down to the levelling of the slope r whatever but the simple fact is that we haven't had a good side for any kind of prolonged period for 30 years

No, no, it's the fact we don't have the chaddy as the main home end. That'll be it.