Solihull travel arrangements

Looking to book train and read you can go via Birmingham city centre and on to Solihull or direct to Birmingham International as both Solihull and Birmingham international are around same distance to ground. 
Did anyone do this last season via train, and if so, any opinions on best way to go?

From the ground guide:

“To get to the ground it may be easier to go via train to Birmingham International Railway Station on the Euston to Birmingham New Street line. Then simply catch the X12 bus towards Solihull. That is the same bus that passes the ground from Solihull Town centre (as mentioned above). On Saturday afternoons the X12 runs every 20 minutes, from bus stop SB at the Birmingham International Station”

7 hours ago, daniel said:

Looking to book train and read you can go via Birmingham city centre and on to Solihull or direct to Birmingham International as both Solihull and Birmingham international are around same distance to ground. 
Did anyone do this last season via train, and if so, any opinions on best way to go?

Pain in the arse from any station really!

We got a cab from Birmingham International last year.

Also don't be conned by the "fan's bar" either. We queued, mainly outside the building, for 45 minutes to get served. 

Am I going again this year? Fuck yeah!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Bender changed the title to Solihull travel arrangements
10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What’s the best away bar nearby? I’m going down on my own and it would be good to soak some atmosphere up. 

The home fans bar was reasonable.  Unless we only take about 20 fans, I wouldn't recommend the away fans bar.

Not a lot near the ground, as far as I know.

Solihull town itself is pretty nice, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, League one forever said:

What’s the best away bar nearby? I’m going down on my own and it would be good to soak some atmosphere up. 

l think l heard on the pod they were promoting a lift to away matches scheme to help boost our already mega away followings. dunno if youre interested in owt like that jus thought l'd sort of give it a plug

details on their website. probs.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l think l heard on the pod they were promoting a lift to away matches scheme to help boost our already mega away followings. dunno if youre interested in owt like that jus thought l'd sort of give it a plug

I don't mind doing away days travelling on my own, you're not tied in to what other people want to do, always strike up a conversation with fellow Latics fans or other teams supporters on the train, and the rougher parts of town boozers are always full of characters. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I don't mind doing away days travelling on my own, you're not tied in to what other people want to do, always strike up a conversation with fellow Latics fans or other teams supporters on the train, and the rougher parts of town boozers are always full of characters. 

agreed. l even go in the home end!!

well, the main stand but you get me

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Cheers Monty, appreciate that mate. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Yeah, agreed. You can please yourself with arrangements, and it’s feels quite natural to talk to strangers because you’ve instantly got something in common. 😁

Hi Latics Fans,

Moors Fan coming in peace and looking forward to Saturday's game - although I'm fairly sure you'll be getting your revenge for the earlier season smash and grab that hastened the departure of your manager.

Just to let you know the nearest pub to the ground is The Damson (it looked like they were going to close) they are under new management so are keen to welcome new punters.  It's about 10 mins walk from the ground - if you came last time you'll know it's miles from anywhere and likely to be segregated. 

If travelling via train you can either:

Change at Birmingham New Street and go to Birmingham International - then get the X12 bus - towards Solihull (which helpfully now only runs half hourly) - the bus goes past the ground and turns right into Rowood Drive and then you get off the stop past the pub (you'll see a row of shops on the left - includes a chippy and convenience store - sells sandwiches).  

Change at Birmingham New Street and head to Moor Street or Snow Hill, get the train to Solihull and get the X12 from Solihull Station or in Solihull (if you walk in) - this route, you'll go up Rowood Drive and see the pub on the right and the stop is opposite.

The bus is about 10 mins either way.

The Damson has a huge car park and there's parking on the side road too - so if you're driving or coming via coach and wanted to park there (for free) instead of the unfriendly, and expensive NCP option (plus long walk or irregular bus service) then I'm sure they'd welcome you.  Plus you get to meet a few of us who avoid the ground's dreadful service, lack of atmosphere bar and shoddy food offering .... sadly it's not quite the Greyhound.

I'm not sure if they are doing food yet - they're on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61554229520926  and are responding to DMs - do get in touch if there's a few of you planning to go, or post on our Runboard (I'll start a thread).

Good luck for the rest of the season, 16th December aside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, Fatboythick said:

Just to let you know the nearest pub to the ground is The Damson (it looked like they were going to close) they are under new management so are keen to welcome new punters.  It's about 10 mins walk from the ground - if you came last time you'll know it's miles from anywhere and likely to be segregated. 

Is this the one that looks like it's off that rough estate in The Bill with a flat roof?

What's that estate like for parking and walking to the ground? No restrictions?

On 12/8/2023 at 8:32 AM, TheBigDog said:

I bought my ticket Friday last week… still not here 🤔

No tickets in the post yet  ... but details on the OAFC App with a message saying that the QR Code becomes active on Event date 🤔 ... happy if this works but I did pay £2 to have them posted...

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

No tickets in the post yet  ... but details on the OAFC App with a message saying that the QR Code becomes active on Event date 🤔 ... happy if this works but I did pay £2 to have them posted...

I emailed Adam at the ticket office and he said he reposted mine today. Not entirely sure they got posted out in the first place but as long as they arrive Tues/Weds it's fine.

He's been pretty responsive so give him a go.

• Thanks 1

Yeah Frankly Mr Shankly - it's the very same pub - honestly it's ok round there - just typical Brum/Solihull estate pub.

Quite a few of our group park there and head to the game (and back). 

No restrictions - you can also park in the estates that spread out opposite the entrance to the Land Rover works too 

• Thanks 1