MATCH: Altrincham (A) 01/04/24

29 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

I'd have more confidence of achieving 4 wins if we had a stronger bench 

You'd think we'd have decent substitutes with a squad of about 36 players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Kitching has been turning back for weeks now… he simply will not try to beat the man to get to the byline. It’s weird. 

Perhaps he's just knackered after chugging up and down the touchline all year. He certainly isn't the player he was earlier this season and seems to have lost a bit of motivation.

One thing I've noticed, and he's not the only one, is he constantly gives the 10 yard pass back to Hogan onto his wrong foot, thus slowing the game down.

It's basics, really lazy and just slows our already ponderous attacks.

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Perhaps he's just knackered after chugging up and down the touchline all year. He certainly isn't the player he was earlier this season and seems to have lost a bit of motivation.

One thing I've noticed, and he's not the only one, is he constantly gives the 10 yard pass back to Hogan onto his wrong foot, thus slowing the game down.

I wouldn’t worry Bob, Fluffy think players overlap themselves and he’s just been ‘playing bad’ for three months. I’m sure he’s loving his football deep down. 

38 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You'd think we'd have decent substitutes with a squad of about 36 players.

Madness how we started with an embarrassment of riches up front and now we don't have a substitute striker 

18 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It's getting a trend now for wide men to pass sideways and backwards, Chilwell was constantly doing it for England and Jack Grealish for Manchester City.

Bring back the Rick Holden's again I say.

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I wouldn’t worry Bob, Fluffy think players overlap themselves and he’s just been ‘playing bad’ for three months. I’m sure he’s loving his football deep down. 

Not what I said. I said who do you expect him to overlap, himself. As you can't tell me who the wide left player is he should be overlapping with.

You also spouted he's spat his dummy out. I said maybe he's just out of form, like a lot of the others.

I imagine none of them are loving how we're dropping at the moment.

So don't chat shite

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not what I said. I said who do you expect him to overlap, himself. As you can't tell me who the wide left player is he should be overlapping with.

You also spouted he's spat his dummy out. I said maybe he's just out of form, like a lot of the others.

So don't chat shite

You’re getting angry again. . 😂😂

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So don't chat shite

Kitching like the rest, cannot beat a man to save his life. As soon as he gets a defender on him he turns around and passes backwards.

We have no one who can pick a forward pass or carry the ball with any intent!

We are far too slow and predictable and so easy to play against.

29 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So don't chat shite

It's been a very bad run of form for a sustained period of time. All since his mate was ostracised. It could just be a huge coincidence, but there was no sign of this dip in form before then when Kitching had been excellent pretty much every week...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Kitching like the rest, cannot beat a man to save his life. As soon as he gets a defender on him he turns around and passes backwards.

Since Christmas - I agree with you. 

Before Christmas - he was our most consistent player by a country mile, and did all those things. He passed inside to the midfield and carried his run on - or provided the overlap to the midfield. He regularly carried the ball to the 18 yard box or byline and always looked for the forward pass. 

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

It's been a very bad run of form for a sustained period of time. All since his mate was ostracised. It could just be a huge coincidence, but there was no sign of this dip in form before then when Kitching had been excellent pretty much every week...

Spot on. 

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Rightly or wrongly, the Reid situation has impacted him, I have no doubt. 

If my close mate was axed and left out the squad, I’d be pretty disappointed and annoyed with the manager. Regardless if it was for the correct reasons. They travelled together and spent / spend a lot of time together, it defo has impacted Kitch. 

Considering he was the only one able to create chances for us for the first 6 months, it’s no surprise we are shite now. 

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What about Hobson? He was excellent. He's been poor for a while. Hogan as well. Add a few more into that as well 

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He put at least 4 or 5 balls into the box yesterday. But no, he's not a winger so he does need support otherwise he regularly ends up woth 2 men on him and little other option

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What about Hobson? He was excellent. He's been poor for a while. Hogan as well. Add a few more into that as well 

Hobson played well for 2 months for us before his dip in confidence. Kitching had been excellent for over a year. There's a huge difference...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Rightly or wrongly, the Reid situation has impacted him, I have no doubt. 

If my close mate was axed and left out the squad, I’d be pretty disappointed and annoyed with the manager. Regardless if it was for the correct reasons. They travelled together and spent / spend a lot of time together, it defo has impacted Kitch. 

Considering he was the only one able to create chances for us for the first 6 months, it’s no surprise we are shite now. 

Yep. Everyone can see it - well, nearly everyone. 

30 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He has been playing behind the likes of Gardner and Hope. TBF, I'd not be ploughing down towards their goal line if I knew I had to pump straight back up to the other end immediately.

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He put at least 4 or 5 balls into the box yesterday.

He kicked the ball in the direction of the box….for me is is way overrated!