BP renamed SportsDirect.com Park

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could sell bibles in there for all I care and call BP whatever they like as long as the money keeps coming in to line whoever's pocket it lines and keeps Latics bobbing along. We might even see a slightly higher bit of bobbing along with some of this investment.

Let's face it, the only time the name is mentioned is on TV highlights packages when the voiceover person says "An entertaining game today at Sportsdirect.com Park where Latics ran out 4-0 winners."

I imagine we have got a decent wedge up front for a 5 year deal which hopefully plugs the gap needed to get the stand finished. (The chron report of being over budget makes more sense now...more likely a increased the budget to build in sports directs demands for floor space etc and this was funded by the deal).

They could sell bibles in there for all I care and call BP whatever they like as long as the money keeps coming in to line whoever's pocket it lines and keeps Latics bobbing along. We might even see a slightly higher bit of bobbing along with some of this investment.

Let's face it, the only time the name is mentioned is on TV highlights packages when the voiceover person says "An entertaining game today at Sportsdirect.com Park where Latics ran out 4-0 winners."

Jeff Stelling will still refer to grounds by their old names.

I'm show I read it was a seven figure sum

Edit men has it approaching if http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-boundary-park-renamed-sports-7030655

So thats the new stand paid for and hopefully the Micah Richards money to come.

I hope some cash will now be available for building a team where good players stay more than one season, which I think is LJs aim.

Happy with the deal but this is where I draw the line...

There are lots of possibilities with this shop. Our new Head of Partnerships could be interested in offering a free match ticket with every Manure or Man City shirt sold in our shop.

If it gets them interested in live football at BP.com brilliant, if not, we've made an extra couple of quid on a pie and a drink becuase they turned up for one game.

There are lots of possibilities with this shop. Our new Head of Partnerships could be interested in offering a free match ticket with every Manure or Man City shirt sold in our shop.

If it gets them interested in live football at BP.com brilliant, if not, we've made an extra couple of quid on a pie and a drink becuase they turned up for one game.

Latics' fans love dreaming up hypothetical situations to appease themselves. I'm just not comfortable with us selling rival teams merchandise in our club shop, that's my view. I'm not calling for a mass meltdown or anything.. I'm delighted the club are making steps in the right direction commercially and long may it continue. Edited by Ryan