BP renamed SportsDirect.com Park

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the money is important, but surely they could have come up with a better variation on the name? The '.com' makes it tacky imo.

'The Sports Direct Stadium/Park'?

'Sports Direct Park'?

Could be worse, too, Tranmere have Home Bargains as sponsors.

i wish I had known that earlier. I have just bought something from there and now I will have to take it back for a refund

Good to see Sky Sports on the ball. Club signing record deal and renaming the ground not deemed important enough to feature on the league one bit of the rolling ticker yet we're told about Bristol City planning on playing a friendly.

Good to see Sky Sports on the ball. Club signing record deal and renaming the ground not deemed important enough to feature on the league one bit of the rolling ticker yet we're told about Bristol City planning on playing a friendly.

Perhaps we failed to let them know.

I remember seeing an article which Corney basically said "If we go down, it'll be a disaster for the club" and it looked like Corney would of left the club if that happened. Well, how things have changed. We stayed up, we have a fantastic manager, we have the new stand being built and NOT being rushed. Things are looking up for the club. We definately needed a boost and this is exactly that. I couldn't give a toss about what the ground is called. We all know that, Boundary Park is the REAL name of our ground.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

I've been trying to think of a long established ground that has lost being called by its original name after being "renamed" . Can't think of one.

In fact cant think of many that have been renamed . It's the new grounds that seem to have sponsored names.

Leyton Orient I suppose and to most fans its still Brisbane Road rather than the Matchroom Stadium,

Edited by LaticsPete

I remember seeing an article which Corney basically said "If we go down, it'll be a disaster for the club" and it looked like Corney would of left the club if that happened. Well, how things have changed. We stayed up, we have a fantastic manager, we have the new stand being built and NOT being rushed. Things are looking up for the club. We definately needed a boost and this is exactly that. I couldn't give a toss about what the ground is called. We all know that, Boundary Park is the REAL name of our ground.

Quiet down with your optimism.

Happy with the deal but don't want them selling united or city shirts in our club shop

Of course that is going to happen, but at least we get something out of it for once.

In fact nmothing would please me more if the City/United shirts around Oldham came from there and we got a small cut of each one sold.

I've been trying to think of a long established ground that has lost being called by its original name after being "renamed" . Can't think of one.

In fact cant think of many that have been renamed . It's the new grounds that seem to have sponsored names.

Leyton Orient I suppose and to most fans its still Brisbane Road rather than the Matchroom Stadium,

PREMIER LEAGUE

Arsenal - Emirates Stadium

Hull City - KC Stadium

Leicester City - King Power Stadium (formerly Walkers Stadium)

Manchester City - Etihad Stadium (City of Manchester Stadium/Eastlands)

Stoke City - Britannia Stadium

CHAMPIONSHIP

Bolton - Macron Stadium (Reebok Stadium)

Bournemouth - Goldsands Stadium (Dean Court)

Brighton - American Express Community Stadium (Falmer Stadium)

Derby - The iPro Stadium (Pride Park)

Huddersfield Town - John Smith's Stadium (formerly Galpharm Stadium and originally Alfred McAlpine Stadium)

Wigan Athletic - DW Stadium

LEAGUE ONE

Bradford City - Coral Windows Stadium (Valley Parade)

Chesterfield - Proact Stadium (formerly B2net Stadium)

Colchester United - Weston Homes Community Stadium (Colchester Community Stadium)

Coventry City - Ricoh Arena (City of Coventry Stadium)*

Crawley Town - Checkatrade.com Stadium (Broadfield Stadium)

Doncaster Rovers - The Keepmoat Stadium

Leyton Orient - Matchroom Stadium (Brisbane Road)

Oldham Athletic - SportsDirect.com Park (Boundary Park)

Shrewsbury Town - Greenhous Meadow (The New Meadow)

Stevenage Borough - The Lamex Stadium (Broadhall Way)

Walsall - Banks's Stadium (Bescot Stadium)

LEAGUE TWO

AFC Wimbledon - The Cherry Red Records Stadium (Kingsmeadow)

Burton Albion - Pirelli Stadium

Bury - JD Stadium (Gigg Lane)

Cambridge United - R Costings Abbey Stadium (Abbey Stadium)

Cheltenham Town - Abbey Business Stadium (Whaddon Road)

Dagenham - London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium (Victoria Road)

Mansfield Town - One Call Stadium (Field Mill)

Morecambe - Globe Arena