BP renamed SportsDirect.com Park

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have an uneasy feeling about this.i understand why corney has done this and as the chairman of his business he can do what he wishes,but i would like the trust to complete the circle and issue a statement giving us a brief outline of what latics is giving up for the deal.a deal that might be smaller and less compromising in comparison to maybe 3000 fans giving up 2 quid a week for 5 years

i have an uneasy feeling about this.i understand why corney has done this and as the chairman of his business he can do what he wishes,but i would like the trust to complete the circle and issue a statement giving us a brief outline of what latics is giving up for the deal.a deal that might be smaller and less compromising in comparison to maybe 3000 fans giving up 2 quid a week for 5 years

People already have the option of giving £2 per week to latics through playershare I doubt we have 3000 members doing that something that actively goes towards strengthening the team.

Your dreaming if you think we can get 3000 fans to pay over £100 a year on top of what they are already paying out just to keep the name on the door Boundary Park, when let's face it most of us will still refer to it as Boundary Park anyway.

sorry-sir-buzz-killington-has-crashed-ou

All season ticket holders are going to be forced to get a City and United tattoo on their foreheads and HAVE to refer to "Sportsdirect.com Park" at least 3 times a day. If anyone says "Home, Boundary Park, going to Latics" or anything else their family will be rounded up and shot.

And....

Buy 3 for a pound pairs of white socks

Only wear Lonsdale

Talk like a cockney , innit

Drink tea out of one those giant sd mugs

Celebrate at the end of season when we progress and finish 14th

At what point will somebody appear and make me stop calling it Boundary Park and under what threats will they do this?

I can just imagine a bus driver in Manchester being for asked for a ticket to SportsDirect.com Park.

I can just imagine a bus driver in Manchester being for asked for a ticket to SportsDirect.com Park.

Half the drivers on First Buses have never heard of Boundary Park, when there's a shop in the new stand selling cheap XXL trackie bottoms it might be easier to ask them for a ticket to Sports Direct.

Are you changing your username to SprtsDirect.comBP1960?

Yes, but I want £1 million for exclusive rights, after all I get more people on here arguing with me than will ever go though the Boundary Park SportsDirect.com Park gate. :)

Edited by BP1960

This is the best bit:

"Most of Oldhams punters, bless them, are merely happy the club stays alive and to do that they require significant help, so money from Ashleys company will be warmly welcomed - and even the change of ground name will only produce a murmur. Beggars cannot be choosers. The new SportsDirect.com Park is not, of course, a hallowed football ground which has housed one of the great traditional clubs of English football for more than a century."