If the Porter rumour is true......

If the Porter rumour is true...  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have him back?

Now you're talking.

I'd have him ahead of Derbyshire.

Am I alone in not really rating Derbyshire when he was here?

Didn't score many, did he?

As with almost all strikers we have had he didnt get the service!

Porter? - No - knees and legs went ages ago, wouldn't even have the legs to get in the box anymore.

Derbyshire? - yes - pace with other players and he'd sniff the chances out and he works hard for the team.

Davies? - yes - will score goals and can hold it up, bit of a loose cannon but so was JCH allegedly

Edited by shefflatic

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being funny Palmer but is that fact or rumour as from sitting in a restaurant in Sheffield and chatting to him and his girlfriend at time it is not how he saw it can assure you. I was furious when he left as thought he had shafted latics ultimately.Havent got a clue what went on from a source other than a dont believe all the rumours conversation and an offer works both ways with tone of sounding as if sands shifted in short space of time. Didnt have much positive to say about manager at time and dealt with by agent.

Lets face it similar has been said about others with claims of offers and denials. Names escape me but has happened.

That's what Cornet has said in the past isn't it? Hey I'm always happy to be proved wrong and as you say you shouldnt believe everything you read. I think he would be a good signing.

However as I said elsewhere if Lee Sinnott was sworn secrecy he is happy to let this rumour go and has also commented a few times which may mean we all have the wrong man.

I will never understand the Furman hate. He was offered a chance to win promotion and then get a shot at the championship that he did. He was out of the side a bit to Wes when he left and wasn't 1st choice despite being captain. Just more on, after all we beat his lot Saturday

Personally I wouldn't want Porter back but that is because of his lack of goals in recent times nothing else. If he came back scored 20 and got us in the play-offs people would forget what happened. Us football fans are a thickle bunch

Oi, teacher... :grin:

Certainly not disagreeing with you just called him all the names I could think of. But I also have doubts on the facts being as reported it was a pure casual convo and to be fair a decent lad over a meal I took it as cant say much but I am not the villain I have been made out to be. Then again a villain would say that.

At the end of the day business is business and whatever was said between the player and the chairman he should always look after number one.

But to your everyday Oldham fan looking from the outside. He scored 21? Goals that season and there is no doubt he had offers in England. He was constantly linked to championship Plymouth for one which would guarantee money to the club.

He went to Scotland......:censored:! ;)

As with almost all strikers we have had he didnt get the service!

Porter? - No - knees and legs went ages ago, wouldn't even have the legs to get in the box anymore.

Derbyshire? - yes - pace with other players and he'd sniff the chances out and he works hard for the team.

Davies? - yes - will score goals and can hold it up, bit of a loose cannon but so was JCH allegedly

Dreaming...

It's not Derbyshire or Davies...

So it must be porter then ? Otherwise why've you not said it's not porter ? Unless your on a wind up ? If you were sworn to secrecy surely LJ will not happy that you even said this much. So you may as well just say ? Please !!

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

So it must be porter then ? Otherwise why've you not said it's not porter ? Unless your on a wind up ? If you were sworn to secrecy surely LJ will not happy that you even said this much. So you may as well just say ? Please !!

Don't give him the attention he is obviously craving. My guess is LJ has said absolutely nothing to suggest we will be signing Porter.