If the Porter rumour is true......

If the Porter rumour is true...  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have him back?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was what Porter did any worse than Chris Makin...

Technically not.... and I was at best ambivalent towards him afterwards because of it.... However because Bosman was relatively new in 1996 and because he had played for us in the Premier League and dropped down into Div 1 with us, it didn't seem as bad. Porter was out and out greedy.... And we were plotless and he knew it. It was worse.

I think the guy is a complete :censored: house but like last season when I said we were crying out for a bit of lower league nouse and experience at the back (and we got it in Lockwood) I've been saying for weeks we need a lower league journeyman target man and since leaving Scotland that's what he's become and exactly what we need.

If he comes back I'll not be ecstatic but beggars can't be choosers and I've booed him to :censored: for Sheff Utd anyway. On reflection we replaced him with Davies and Hughes who scored 40 goals between them from August 2007 - March 2009

His knees are are knackered but they were not great in his first spell. However if we can get him playing week in week out even if he's used from the bench occasionally he will improve the team.

All footballers are :censored: houses who only look after themselves. Some pass through our town and wear blue. Others we admire or hate from afar wishing they could play for us.

They don't actually give a :censored: about the fans and I doubt it is even a consideration when negotiating their next contract.....

When will we all learn eh?

If he improves us....so be it

My only concern with the signing is how quickly those who aren't happy with him would turn on him if he doesn't produce the goods from day 1... He will have the most pressure of any striker we have ever had on his shoulders...is he strong enough to take the flak that will no doubt come his way?

Would be a complete waste of a wage/loan fee if we hound him out of the club because he doesn't score in his first 3...god help him I say with our lot if he does come back

For the record I didn't like Hughes being here either.

I won't boo Porter as it helps absolutely no one, and would certainly hinder his own and the teams performance. I still don't want the :censored: anywhere near here though.

My main thing with this is the overridding feeling that Porter would just be akin to Jon Stead was last season.

Came with the experience and the know- how and i thought it was a cracking loan signing on the face of it....only to be hugely dissapointed.

Porters recent goal scoring record isnt anything to right home about either.

BUT - are there too many 6ft 2"+ with experience available on loan who would be in our price range who are better than Porter? I cant think of too many...

Is his record really that bad? Good record of 23 in 59 in the SPL when Ross McCormack was also playing alongside him would interested in his assists too...then moved to derby in the championship was mainly played as a secondary striker but still scored 1 in 4 as he has for a while at Sheffield utd where a lot of his appearances have been off the bench.

If you ask me a year or 2 in league 1 as a first choice striker and he is 1 in 3 at the very least

I am guessing by some people's reactions if they was offered a job with more money and working at a higher level but if they left it would leave their current employer in the lerch, they would naturally turn that job down because after all we all work not for the money but for the people we work with right???

Like fcuk we do....

The lad bettered himself financially and moved up level fair play to him i forgot footballers are duty bound to ensure everything they do and decide has to be fan approved before they make any decisions.

Do not :censored:ing want.

Not only because he's a :censored:, but his goalscoring record the last few years is nothing to brag about, nor his ability to last 90minutes.

Yes, but the decision is not really up to you...or the rest of us...is it?

I love how fans of this club will accept a murderer with open arms, but are in uproar at the prospect of signing a player just because he once left us on a Bosman...

You hit the nail on the head!

All footballers are :censored: houses who only look after themselves. Some pass through our town and wear blue. Others we admire or hate from afar wishing they could play for us.

They don't actually give a :censored: about the fans and I doubt it is even a consideration when negotiating their next contract.....

When will we all learn eh?

If he improves us....so be it

I think that goes for all of us. We have to look after 'Number One' and do the best for ourselves and our family. If I left a job, it was for more money and how it would improve the quality of family-life. I didn't give a toss whether or not the company I was leaving would be in the :censored: without me.

Porter did not got to Motherwell in order to just shaft Oldham Athletic over. He went for the money and the career prospects, probably heavily influenced by his agent, as well. It would have played on his mind before he accepted the offer.

My main thing with this is the overridding feeling that Porter would just be akin to Jon Stead was last season.

Came with the experience and the know- how and i thought it was a cracking loan signing on the face of it....only to be hugely dissapointed.

Porters recent goal scoring record isnt anything to right home about either.

BUT - are there too many 6ft 2"+ with experience available on loan who would be in our price range who are better than Porter? I cant think of too many...

The Stead comparsion is a reasonable one, and anyone expecting Porter to come in and notch 20 goals is probably barking up the wrong tree, think he'd be a useful addition though.

Porter isn't the same Porter who left us....hardly gets a game, isn't scoring regularly and I can't see anybody else sniffing around him. Why have him back to waste a wage? This lad from Leeds is the sort of signing - prospect, return on investment etc etc - we need and if ready made, better than Porter out there

Porter isn't the same Porter who left us....hardly gets a game, isn't scoring regularly and I can't see anybody else sniffing around him. Why have him back to waste a wage? This lad from Leeds is the sort of signing - prospect, return on investment etc etc - we need and if ready made, better than Porter out there

The big bustling Brett Williams keeps scoring for Aldershot, I'm surprised he's still there

Williams is apparently seen as lazy by some Shots fans, no work rate. Under contract too, so a fee would be payable (although the £250,000 they seem to think he's worth seems high to me).

Some thought Porter lazy when here, but he found the net a lot - which is what's required.

If we put out a team of eleven 'prospects' we'll more than likely be relegated.

Many seem to be against Porter because of his appearance and goals record over the last few years.

That's fine but don't forget if he was playing and scoring we couldn't afford him anymore.

We sign prospects or journey men. Otherwise Poleon wouldn't be here and Porter would still be in the championship.

Many seem to be against Porter because of his appearance and goals record over the last few years.

That's fine but don't forget if he was playing and scoring we couldn't afford him anymore.

We sign prospects or journey men. Otherwise Poleon wouldn't be here and Porter would still be in the championship.

Spot on as soon as we have a striker that scores 20+ goals a season they are out the front door anyway.