If the Porter rumour is true......

If the Porter rumour is true...  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have him back?

Porter scored 11 last season, did any of our players even get double figures? If he does sign I'd fancy him to do well, regular football will do him the world of good and the pace of Poleon and Forte should create ample opportunities for him. Like many others I'd rather see us sign someone else but I think this team is crying out for 6ft poacher who'll just hang around the penalty spot. How many times have we moaned there was nobody in the middle from crosses or goalmouth scrambles. At least with Porter we wouldn't have that worry.

On another note I spoke to Corney about Porter a few seasons back. He said the manager could sign whoever he wanted (within the budget) and if the manager wanted and could afford Porter then he'd be fine with it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porter is a poacher most goals he scored for us were tap in created by Warne Taylor and Liddell. Hopefully forte poleon and Winchester will be able to do the same

I wouldn't say that was fair. He headers from Liddell crosses were hardly tap ins. He scored a good range of goals, headers, either foot, arsecheeks.