If the Porter rumour is true......

If the Porter rumour is true...  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have him back?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fully fit Chris Porter is exactly the type of player we need right now. However, if he came, certain sections of the crowd would give him a hard time (as they did very vociferously when he came on for Sheff U last season in a home night game - and promptly scored!). It will not work for that reason - i.e. we would gladly cut off our noses to spite our faces - so much for wanting success for the Latics !

A fully fit Chris Porter is exactly the type of player we need right now. However, if he came, certain sections of the crowd would give him a hard time (as they did very vociferously when he came on for Sheff U last season in a home night game - and promptly scored!). It will not work for that reason - i.e. we would gladly cut off our noses to spite our faces - so much for wanting success for the Latics !

Don't agree, if he came back and did ok then not a peep would be heard from the naysayers.

I think if he didn't 'do it' instantly - they'd be on his back very quickly - we've seen it all before - and that would demoralise him - in reality if virtually the whole of the Chaddy End (and it was by far the loudest song of the night) blasted out "One Greedy Bar Steward" when you came on as a sub - would it tempt you back?

Don't think he'll entertain us (very sadly) and can't really blame him.

and we wonder why he'd never come back to Latics!

Pathetic IMO - slagging off someone who was a quality player for us. Amazing isn't it - Chris Taylor refuses a new contract and goes - but he still remains a 'darling' because, of course, he still has Latics at heart.

Laughable - went for the money like they all do - so why pick on Porter.

Oh yes - because you have to have somebody to bully don't you

A :censored: that would've still scored a hat trick last week.

Honestly, i'm not sure his fecked knees would have got him into the positions he used to find himself in, to tap one in off his left arse cheek after Warne or Liddle put it on a plate for him.

We've already Forte on the books with shagged knees, who we can't manage to get out on the pitch for 2 games in a week; and alledgedly can't get him training at full tilt week in; week out.

We don't want, nor can we afford a 2nd one; especially in such a key position.

I believe we do need another body in upfront. I think a "Porter-esq" player is a decent shout for the type of player who would compliment what we have already. But not the actual Chris Porter.

He's now a pale shadow of the player we or Motherwell had. His knee's have gone; and what little 'pace' he did have; which wasnt much as it was, has totally gone now. He can't get fit and stay fit, and he'd be a poor signing due to that. Add into the fact he's a huge thundercunt, and its a huge No from me.

Alternatives?

I'm not a scout, not my job to find a solution, but its not Chris Porter...

and we wonder why he'd never come back to Latics!

Pathetic IMO - slagging off someone who was a quality player for us. Amazing isn't it - Chris Taylor refuses a new contract and goes - but he still remains a 'darling' because, of course, he still has Latics at heart.

Laughable - went for the money like they all do - so why pick on Porter.

Oh yes - because you have to have somebody to bully don't you

Because Porter took the case to court and UEFA found that moving to Scotland was a cross-border transfer therefore he could leave on a free, and presumably pocket a bigger wage and a tidy sign-on bonus as well. There was talk about him agreeing a new contract and then reneging on the deal too.

If Porter had done what Chris Taylor, Kieran Lee and a few others did and moved to the Championship when he moved to Scotland we'd have received compensation. Let's not forget he didn't just screw us he screwed Bury as well, as we were due to pay a percentage to them.

I don't think anyone begrudges any player moving clubs for a bigger wage, even if it is on a free. Porter did a lot more than that, and was a :censored: about it.

That's why he's a :censored:

Honestly, i'm not sure his fecked knees would have got him into the positions he used to find himself in, to tap one in off his left arse cheek after Warne or Liddle put it on a plate for him.

We've already Forte on the books with shagged knees, who we can't manage to get out on the pitch for 2 games in a week; and alledgedly can't get him training at full tilt week in; week out.

We don't want, nor can we afford a 2nd one; especially in such a key position.

I believe we do need another body in upfront. I think a "Porter-esq" player is a decent shout for the type of player who would compliment what we have already. But not the actual Chris Porter.

He's now a pale shadow of the player we or Motherwell had. His knee's have gone; and what little 'pace' he did have; which wasnt much as it was, has totally gone now. He can't get fit and stay fit, and he'd be a poor signing due to that. Add into the fact he's a huge thundercunt, and its a huge No from me.

Alternatives?

I'm not a scout, not my job to find a solution, but its not Chris Porter...

Originally voted yes in the poll. After a few months passing & him getting zero game time, I change my opinion. Now if it was someone like CO'G then I may be interested.

Because Porter took the case to court and UEFA found that moving to Scotland was a cross-border transfer therefore he could leave on a free, and presumably pocket a bigger wage and a tidy sign-on bonus as well. There was talk about him agreeing a new contract and then reneging on the deal too.

If Porter had done what Chris Taylor, Kieran Lee and a few others did and moved to the Championship when he moved to Scotland we'd have received compensation. Let's not forget he didn't just screw us he screwed Bury as well, as we were due to pay a percentage to them.

I don't think anyone begrudges any player moving clubs for a bigger wage, even if it is on a free. Porter did a lot more than that, and was a :censored: about it.

That's why he's a :censored:

Did he take the case to court? That's not how I remember it, although my memory has been called into question on numerous occasions on here!

What's he done this season that convinces people that he would be any good?

Quick check on soccerbase says he has made 5 appearences this season (1 in the league) scoring 0 goals would be quite an upturn in form for him to bag a hat trick in one game.

Edited by GlossopLatic