Post Match: Oldham Athletic 1-0 Fleetwood Town

Big George is a rock. Great signing.

Kelly and Jones look like they're building a good understanding.

However, nobody has mentioned a vital performance by Rachubka. Two good saves at vital points in the game.

Lots to build on, but we still need a goalscoring centre-forward.

Your right I forgot to mention it re chubs....those two saves were vital, think if there had scored first it would have been a different outcome. Second save he managed to push it away out of the path of their incoming striker too.

Got to mention their keeper, he clapped the chaddy end when he came out for the Second half and turned around and clapped the chaddy again at the end of the Match before George's runaround applause of the chaddy.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Philliskirk - fantastic today. Caused them loads of problems, played the late arriving midfielder, got back and helped retrieve the ball high up the field and created a few chances. Maybe Poleon's liveliness will bring out the best in him.

MOM for me today. I thought Philly was excellent. If only he was a bit more composed with his finishing.

Well deserved win today against what looked a poor side today. Going off their start to the season they obviously aren't, maybe just an off day but we stopped them playing football and dictated play.

Solid at the back generally. Lockwood wouldn't get back in at the moment with George making a spot his own.BWilson looks far superior to Brown.

Kelly was my MOM today. Tried to keep us moving and won some great challenges.looks stronger with every game. Him and Jones could be a great partnership, both can play football with Jones able to deliver a good set piece and may prove to be better than the last 2.

Winchester looks the part. Much stronger and has always been technically one of the best at the club. Consistency is the key for him now. Keep it up lad!

Poleon worked hard and ran in the right channels. Good start but is he a natural goals scorer? Maybe not but time will tell. He can definitely give more consistancy than JCH.

Philli looked composed on the ball all day until he had to shoot. Good performance and work rate though. Looks better playing more central no doubt

Was it a pen?

Philli gave the ref a decision to make. Need to see a replay to see if there was contact but if the lad lunges in then he makes it easy for Danny who used his brain.

We dominated 70 % of the game and if they believe they deserved a point for their performance they are in for as lot of disappointment this season despite their good start. We were better than 1-0 suggests.

Very impressed with the way Latics closed out the game. We lost a bit of energy and maybe our shape when Forte went off plus I think our front two had run themselves into the ground. To prevent a team like that from testing our keeper in the second half was very impressive. Not the finished article yet but I'm very encouraged.

Big G - ha! Cult hero. He swings, he sometimes misses, he gives it everything he has, he bounces players about, he's - well - Big Geroge. Love him!! My mates sums it up i think when he said "i love Big G - I want one for a pet!

I tweeted earlier. He's a little bit Champions League. He's a little bit Sunday League. Proper cult hero.

Gary who?

My worry is that we weren't clinical enough with our finishing. Really we could have easily own that 3 or 4-0. That could count us points against better sides who can't actually put a string of more than 3 passes together.

They may be as good as this division gets its there for the taking this season, win next Saturday and Notts County away will be rocking.

Most pleasing thing for me is that the new players who looked iffy at first (Kelly, Big George, and to an extent B Wilson and Jones) are all looking like good signings. It was a good entertaining game, I don't get it that we were negative second half, we had more of the play than they did. I think they made it cagey by not daring to push on with Peleon waiting to run behind them. Very happy with that.

It's very funny reading this board when out of the country. Football opinion really does swing from one extreme to the other. I thought the knives were being sharpened for LJ two weeks ago from the tone on here and was fearing the worst for this season. Really shocked from the initial comments this season that we have strung three victories together. Long may it continue.

Sounds like Winchester has decided he wants to be a professional footballer too. Always looked talented but most times I have seen him the game passed him by. Really good to hear he is turning it around. Hopefully Mellor can too and Bove and Truelove can make an impact.

The more I think about yesterday's game the more I think we are going to have a hell of a record away from home this season

Exactly the conversation I had with our kid, that defence is only going to become more solid with the return of the President (copyright Rudemedic) and loads of pace up front. Suck them in then punch them on the nose.

Just had a browse on the Fleetwood forum. Alexander's got the fan's trained the same as him and the team, what a bunch of moaners.

Very uncomplimentary about us despite us dominating them.

I couldn't believe their players surrounding the ref, it was like watching Manure light.

Having watched the highlights in the he other thread, its a penalty.

Not as nailed on as I thought it was but in the 'modern game' if you slide in like that in the penalty area, then the player will always go down and your asking for trouble.

Just had a browse on the Fleetwood forum. Alexander's got the fan's trained the same as him and the team, what a bunch of moaners.

Very uncomplimentary about us despite us dominating them.

Hes even got the fans saying it was a dodgy pen - if that isn't a penalty i don't know what is. Player is possession in the box. Trailing leg clipped - Penalty- all day everyday

Hes even got the fans saying it was a dodgy pen - if that isn't a penalty i don't know what is. Player is possession in the box. Trailing leg clipped - Penalty- all day everyday

The referee gave a penalty so it was one, when we don't get them its the same thing.

Guest Stanley30

Exactly the conversation I had with our kid, that defence is only going to become more solid with the return of the President (copyright Rudemedic) and loads of pace up front. Suck them in then punch them on the nose.

I presume you from Oldham mate, we don't say our kid around here. Leave that for the Mancs

Absolutely chuffed with the result. Glad to hear Kelly is getting better and Poleon can only improve as well