Dean Holden in charge for foreseeable future

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst thing that could happen is for us fans to give up hope. We CAN finish sixth, get behind Holden and the lads; they need your support more than ever. This is our best chance for years, don't let Lee Johnson ruin that.

Beat PNE on Saturday hit the top 6 and optimism will hit this board again.

Throw in Barnsley getting dicked and still no denial from Scholes (whether he is right for the job or not) and its a different picture again.

Fuuny old game and a week is a long time in football.

Can't wait for Saturday now. Get behind my club and whoever is in charge of it.

Think Im gonna go to Curzon v Stourbridge to save me the heartache.

Hope you enjoy it, FWIW I believe we should give Holden and Lockwood a chance, it might turn out :censored:, but then again we might surprise a few people.

Knee jerk reactions usually turn out to be just that, lets get behind them, who knows a change of leadership might just upset a few of the oppositions plans.

Everyone whining at Holden's TEMPORARY appointment. Who the :censored: were you expecting as caretaker? Guus Hiddink??

It's more the 'foreseeable' part that's worried people (well, me anyway). Understand a temp manager was going to come from within but I just hope we're speaking to people immediately. Nothing against Holden or Lockwood, but I'd be pissed off if we offered it them for the season.

It's more the 'foreseeable' part that's worried people (well, me anyway). Understand a temp manager was going to come from within but I just hope we're speaking to people immediately. Nothing against Holden or Lockwood, but I'd be pissed off if we offered it them for the season.

What if we beat Preston and Port Vale with them in charge?

The problem with Holden is a) he's a helmet and b ) he'll be the cheap (best) option for Corney.

If he's manager in 4 games time he'll be staying and corney will have really given up.

I do personally think 200k for a little runt who's not really done all that is decent. Hope we get someone ask keen and qualified and move forward.

The problem with Holden is a) he's a helmet and b ) he'll be the cheap (best) option for Corney.

If he's manager in 4 games time he'll be staying and corney will have really given up.

Corney will have given up? What if Holden & Lockwood win those 4 games?

All the crap being given to Holden is unfair, he's been asked to fill in for x amount of time and fans are already giving :censored: out.

Corney will have given up? What if Holden & Lockwood win those 4 games?

All the crap being given to Holden is unfair, he's been asked to fill in for x amount of time and fans are already giving :censored: out.

I expect the chairman to have a plan, now. Holden drifting on because he's won a few will not solve anything long term. Look how Barnsley have acted. 2 wins on the bounce, they still got their man.

I expect the chairman to have a plan, now. Holden drifting on because he's won a few will not solve anything long term. Look how Barnsley have acted. 2 wins on the bounce, they still got their man.

Was Johnson their man though?

From Barnsleys website:

'Other prospective candidates were approached. Some of those that appeared popular in the eyes of the supporters qualified themselves out from consideration by seeking higher ranked coaching opportunities.'

Sounds to me like he was more third/fourth choice for them.

Obviously we were going to either get these two or TP but as previously said, the 'foreseeable future' comment is not what I want to hear.

I want us to be looking for a replacement, and a good one, while we're still in with a shout of the playoffs because we won't have this opportunity next season!

Was Johnson their man though?

From Barnsleys website:

'Other prospective candidates were approached. Some of those that appeared popular in the eyes of the supporters qualified themselves out from consideration by seeking higher ranked coaching opportunities.'

Sounds to me like he was more third/fourth choice for them.

If they had a shortlist of people they wanted they are bound to sound them all out. No matter where he was on that list they got someone off it in. Unless god forbid Holden is on Corneys list then dragging his hopefully brief spell in charge out can only be a bad thing.

Only thing we have going for us is our league position. We won't be half as attractive when we've finished 13th and lost a few of our better players in the summer.

Just listened to Holden's LP press conference a fortnight ago post-Swindon pre-Colchester. Comes across fairly well I thought. Hope he and Lockwood get the players respect quickly.

I actually thought he came across like a bit of a cock personally. Think Locky comes across well though.