Dean Holden in charge for foreseeable future

Holden has the players respect as did Wright its LJ who some couldnt stand so whose to say we wont improve

And if we don't, we can blame it on Holden being too close to the players and them needing someone disciplined, not their best mate.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While we search for our replacement, we need a caretaker manager. There are 2 options, 1st team coach or the guy who runs the academy (TP). We've correctly chosen the 1st team coach. Now we don't know who our replacement manager will be so up until the point that we do, the 1st team coach will be in charge. Whats to hard to understand and why the hell are you moaning about this.

While we search for our replacement, we need a caretaker manager. There are 2 options, 1st team coach or the guy who runs the academy (TP). We've correctly chosen the 1st team coach. Now we don't know who our replacement manager will be so up until the point that we do, the 1st team coach will be in charge. Whats to hard to understand and why the hell are you moaning about this.

Welcome back Barry.

Although the words "Dean Holden in charge..." sends a shiver of dread down my spine, it was the inevitable and logical move and with Lockwood alongside him, at least there will be a strong and decisive presence at work. Even if they do manage a string of victories, though, they are not the solution to the problem, for what my opinion is worth.

Although the words "Dean Holden in charge..." sends a shiver of dread down my spine, it was the inevitable and logical move and with Lockwood alongside him, at least there will be a strong and decisive presence at work. Even if they do manage a string of victories, though, they are not the solution to the problem, for what my opinion is worth.

What's the problem?

What's the problem?

He's a helmet, his arrival prompted a down turn in form, did i mention he's a helmet?

Joe Royle was a caretaker, he was external.

No problem with Holden keeping the seat warm but if he's here in 4 games time then I'll be worried as corney will have known LJ wanted to go a few weeks ago.

He's a helmet, his arrival prompted a down turn in form, did i mention he's a helmet?

Joe Royle was a caretaker, he was external.

No problem with Holden keeping the seat warm but if he's here in 4 games time then I'll be worried as corney will have known LJ wanted to go a few weeks ago.

He's actually a really nice feller. Why do you dislike him so much?

He wouldn't be my choice for a permanent manager but, as others have said, he was the only logical choice (apart from maybe TP) to act as caretaker.

Although the team hasn't done great since his arrival we don't know how much influence Dean Holden was allowed by LJ and Tommy.

I hope he can put his stamp on the team with a more positive approach at home games, maybe the players will relish a different outlook?

Edited by BP1960

Of course we all want Holden to do well but he has been dumped in at the deep end. The facts are that we had a good team in Lee, Tommy and Paul. We let Paul go and things have not been the same but somehow we are still two points off 6th. Now Lee and Tommy have gone we start again with Deano and Locky. This is not a good time as if we lose on Saturday the whole club will be deflated.

Of course we all want Holden to do well but he has been dumped in at the deep end. The facts are that we had a good team in Lee, Tommy and Paul. We let Paul go and things have not been the same but somehow we are still two points off 6th. Now Lee and Tommy have gone we start again with Deano and Locky. This is not a good time as if we lose on Saturday the whole club will be deflated.

I think first and foremost we want to see a performance that give the fans positivity after the crap of the last couple of months.

He's actually a really nice feller. Why do you dislike him so much?

He wouldn't be my choice for a permanent manager but, as others have said, he was the only logical choice (apart from maybe TP) to act as caretaker.

This. I've met Dean several times away from BP. He lives round the corner from me and is an old school friend of my younger brother's.

He's a thoroughly nice bloke. He's also a very experienced pro and former club captain.

Other than TP (who i'm presuming didn't fancy it) I don't see a better option from within the club, seeing as Tommy's left as well.

As a short term measure, and rather than rush into appointing a new manager, I really don't see the problem.

Our current predicament is of Lee Johnson's making, not Dean Holden's.

Ijust want to see players playing in the positions that they are at their best in. I dont want to see Jones, Philliskirk, Forte, and Winch played out of position. Play people in a roll that is best for the team, and put a team on the pitch that actually looks dangerous and exiting when attacking. We need a formation to bring the early season spark back.

Right so I've had time to calm down and get some perspective. Having listened to DH on that link, I'm coming round to the idea.

It was unfair of me to just write him off without thought. It's not his fault and he's been asked to do it, he's not pushed it like Sherwood did at Spurs.

I hope to god it's not long term but for now he's got my full backing. I'll blame my meltdown on LJ :censored:ing us over.

Right so I've had time to calm down and get some perspective. Having listened to DH on that link, I'm coming round to the idea.

It was unfair of me to just write him off without thought. It's not his fault and he's been asked to do it, he's not pushed it like Sherwood did at Spurs.

I hope to god it's not long term but for now he's got my full backing. I'll blame my meltdown on LJ :censored:ing us over.

:censored: me. Are you my wife in disguise? :grin:

This. I've met Dean several times away from BP. He lives round the corner from me and is an old school friend of my younger brother's.

He's a thoroughly nice bloke. He's also a very experienced pro and former club captain.

Other than TP (who i'm presuming didn't fancy it) I don't see a better option from within the club, seeing as Tommy's left as well.

As a short term measure, and rather than rush into appointing a new manager, I really don't see the problem.

Our current predicament is of Lee Johnson's making, not Dean Holden's.

Out of interest, and it is not the be all and end all, but do you happen know what Coaching qualifications Dean has?