League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harry Chapman signed season loan for Blackburn.had 2 decent spells in this division over the past 2 seasons. Each time with a side that has got promoted. I think he could have a cracking season and expect Rovers to go up.

Stewart Day not hiding the fact that he's treating the next couple of seasons as shit or bust according to a Bury player who's good mates with one of my relatives...

Oh, and they all love Lee Clark :huh:

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

I'm building a theory that the kids of former Latics players are excellently coached but lack basic ability. Hope Sheridan's fucking children prove me wrong.

Rhodes and Bunn have done ok.

37 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I was thinking of young Daniel for the other one. Must admit I was surprised to see Bunn progress in the game, he was pretty poor with us.

Pretty poor is very kind

56 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I was thinking of young Daniel for the other one. Must admit I was surprised to see Bunn progress in the game, he was pretty poor with us.

Spot on, he offered very little attacking impetus whilst with us. He looked lost and out of his depth to me but maybe it was the way we were playing him. Very surprised that he's carved out a career in the championship. Thought he'd drift into non league. Bury must be mugs if they've paid £500k or whatever fee is being banded about.

3 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Spot on, he offered very little attacking impetus whilst with us. He looked lost and out of his depth to me but maybe it was the way we were playing him. Very surprised that he's carved out a career in the championship. Thought he'd drift into non league. Bury must be mugs if they've paid £500k or whatever fee is being banded about.

Lee Clark is a football genius!

7 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Don't forget his Dad had roles at both Citeh and Uddersfeld. A bit of nepotism goes a long way in sport.

9 hours ago, leeslover said:

Hines's Law - Thou shalt not judge a player upon 10 loan appearances in a shit Oldham side 

8 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

He's just played a not insignificant part in Huddersfields promotion to the Premier League 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is there any more like me who are on the fence regards Lee Clark ? I don't have a strong opinion of him one way or the other. I don't get this irrational hatred , or have I totally missed the elephant in the room ?

Like Karl Robinson he somehow keeps managing to steal a living. 

Pound for pound the two worst managers in football. 

8 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

As a 19 year old he started 8 games for us we won 3 drew 2 lost 3.     for Huddersfield he has scored 17 from 68 starts

no too shabby that ?

34 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I guess we will see if Bury fail this season then you could be right. Not aimed at yourself but there seems to be an unhealthy obsession with him from some. 

36 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

This, he spent a significant amount of money to get Huddersfield promoted from this division but failed for a few years in a row and was sacked because Hudds were in danger of slipping out of the play-offs despite being again well backed financially and one of the bookies favourites. His successor, Simon Grayson, added to his CV of being able to get teams promoted from this division.

He is on record for having the longest unbeaten streak in Football League history, during that same time period, didn't get them anywhere.

I don't hate him, I just think he is vastly overrated.

Archived