League 1 Activity

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You said his time has gone which you cannot possibly know. He's 30yo with a few years ahead of him. 

Few good years or bad years?  “You cannot possibly know”.  Looks like bad judging his last 18 months. 

Look, I just don’t like him. I ain’t going to change my opinion because you want me to. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Always an exception to the rule, Ritchie was also a very strong player with all the attributes of a centre forward. If you can find one like him now for our level let me know asap  

Doyle. 

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The big centre forwards playing nowadays are a lot more mobile than the ones some people are highlighting here. To my mind Hanson is  more your old fashioned "crasher" of yesteryear. It's noticeable that there are very very few playing above League 2 level.

Poor old Hanson, condemned to league 2 now.

He might be good enough for us next season then if we take the drop?

5 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Kieffer Moore goes to Posh for a fee from ipswich. Good signing that he was Rotherham's top scorer with 13 goals.

And didn't I read somewhere that securing his services would be the key to them loaning Junior Morias to us ?

Losing Moore will be a big blow for Rotherham.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I like how dismissive you are of opposite views. It must be great to be right all the time. Just glad I don't sit near you !

It comes from 70 years of experience...and working for a man who was never wrong himself..Brian Clough.

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It comes from 70 years of experience...and working for a man who was never wrong himself..Brian Clough.

I bet that was a great experience ‘young man’ 

football needs more characters today like Cloughie 

1 hour ago, stevesidg said:

I bet that was a great experience ‘young man’ 

football needs more characters today like Cloughie 

He actually did call me 'young man'.

He invited me once on the team coach to a big match, every player was immaculately dressed wearing club  blazers while he was in a tracksuit.

One player asked 'Why cant we wear tracksuits like you boss?"

Cloughie's answer was "when you become a manager as good as me you can wear a tracksuit too".

2 minutes ago, astottie said:

Preston have signed Billy Bodin from Bristol Rovers. I would imagine that was for a fair whack but means they will have some dosh to spend. Also means Doyle's exit at PNE is more likely

Yes probably to Bristol Rovers.

11 hours ago, losesome said:

Cant see Doyle going anywhere until definite news on his injury situation! !

The "God" That is Alan Nixon on Twitter said 4/5 clubs are interesting in Buying him (not loaning) but the as he's unwell, it's not happening currently

On 3 January 2018 at 4:06 PM, Smiler13 said:

Kieffer Moore goes to Posh for a fee from ipswich. Good signing that he was Rotherham's top scorer with 13 goals.

This is bizarre. He's not actually gone,  rather Ipswich have accepted Peterborough's offer. However Grant McCann is telling his chairman it's too much money and not to sign him! First world problems.

cant do the BBC link sorry.

7 hours ago, astottie said:

This is bizarre. He's not actually gone,  rather Ipswich have accepted Peterborough's offer. However Grant McCann is telling his chairman it's too much money and not to sign him! First world problems.

cant do the BBC link sorry.

If they don’t sign him then Rotherham might keep him but won’t go down well with The Rotherham fans due to the fact that he agreed to go to Posh

4 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

If they don’t sign him then Rotherham might keep him but won’t go down well with The Rotherham fans due to the fact that he agreed to go to Posh

If he doesnt go to posh i bet there would be others interested. I was really impressed with him when we played them. He bullied Clarke. He also looked like one of the more mobile 'lumps' talked about elsewhere on here.

Problem has been that when Clarke has played this season he has been bullied by most strikers that’s why he’s been moved on pity because last season he was fantastic. However this season I think his age has caught up with him and his legs have gone

5 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Problem has been that when Clarke has played this season he has been bullied by most strikers that’s why he’s been moved on pity because last season he was fantastic. However this season I think his age has caught up with him and his legs have gone

I think there is a possibility RW froze Clarke out, and only played him in 1 game when he was caretaker and it stems from there. Who knows though.

Archived