League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Bradley Dack from Gillingham to Blackburn for £750k...

They held on to him when there was talk of more than double that a couple of seasons ago. Shows sometimes you have to cash in.

Peterborough's new striker won't be doing much for them at the start of the season - just received a six match ban for biting. I'm saddened that their local paper hasn't gone with "Ricky Molar" in the headline.

21 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Bradford after Dom Poleon

Interesting one considering their stature, however they seem to be losing some of their better players. Wonder if the funding has gone.

I can't work out what's going on there. A couple of weeks back McCall seemed to be in jeopardy because players weren't re signing, as if that was his fault. Surely the ones who have left have done so because they had better offers elsewhere. is it 4 that have gone now, 2 of them to Charlton?

On their performances and crowds of the last few years I wouldn't have expected them to be cash strapped either but maybe the new owners either paid more than they intended or areseeing less income than they would have liked.

2 hours ago, Lags said:

More fee's for Doms services ....... I bet Corney can't believe how often he misses out on money. He's not all that is he? I can't see Bradford having a season like recent ones.

If only there was a saying regarding a fool and his cash.

3 hours ago, singe said:

Poleon is bizarre. I  expect AFCW are chuffed.

He started off OK, but since the turn of the year scored 1 goal in 21 matches. Sometihng we were familiar with.
Surely a 50k type fee though?

I take it you mean AFCW paid Bratfud 50K to take him off their hands. 

Wimbledon have signed George Long on loan, now that has the potential to be an immense signing.

you would have thought Everyman and his dog in this league would have been interested in him if they had known he was available (except for those with a good keeper already of course)  

i wonder what that is costing them?

10 hours ago, astottie said:

Wimbledon have signed George Long on loan, now that has the potential to be an immense signing.

you would have thought Everyman and his dog in this league would have been interested in him if they had known he was available (except for those with a good keeper already of course)  

i wonder what that is costing them?

Just sold Poleon for a 6 figure sum so guessing that will be used for that. Jake reeves also been sold for 150k to Bradford. 

Was just typing this in another thread... "Wonder if Holmes-Dennis on loan is an option."

Then thought I'd better just check he's not gone anywhere else. Signed for Portsmouth on season loan an hour ago. 

16 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Was just typing this in another thread... "Wonder if Holmes-Dennis on loan is an option."

Then thought I'd better just check he's not gone anywhere else. Signed for Portsmouth on season loan an hour ago. 

Think our new left back might be a familiar face from last season on loan. 

Lets hope 'Boro get Green from Leeds....freeing Ripley.

Reported in Yorks Post.

iddlesbrough and Sunderland are monitoring Leeds United goalkeeper Rob Green after the arrival of Felix Wiedwald at Elland Road last weeweek.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-north-east-clubs-middlesbrough-and-sunderland-circling-for-stopper-green-1-8631136

Archived