It's no secret that we need another goalkeeper, a Gregan-esque type CB and a striker who knows how to put that round bouncy thing in that big netty thing.

Dunn said he knew his targets. Does SC know who they are and has he agreed that they're a good shout? Would SC tell him that they're already lined up? Would Shez go along with them or would he want to bring in his own?

Somehow, I don't see Shez just saying "Yes, Simon. They'll do for me." I'm more convinced that he will be scouring the market already and we'll see new signings this week. Are any of the Newport lads any good? He'll have a good knowledge of Plymuff too and they're not doing too badly.

Luke McCormick (come on Barry, you know it makes sense!) and Reuben Reid (again) anyone?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midfielders have been needed all season and would be my prioirity PLUS a centre half beast

Not if he can get Jones, Kelly, Forte, Poleon, Winchester and Croft firing on all cylinders. On their day, I'd have them in my team with no worries.

*Awaits numerous slaggings off mostly based on Croft's weight and Poleon's headless chicken act.*

Which is why I said "On their day".

Edited by Bristolatic

Not if he can get Jones, Kelly, Forte, Poleon, Winchester and Croft firing on all cylinders. On their day, I'd have them in my team with no worries.

*Awaits numerous slaggings off mostly based on Croft's weight and Poleon's headless chicken act.*

Which is why they are not good enough.

I still believe we have one of the best midfields in the division on their day

Edited by SavageTheBeast

This decision should've been made with greater conviction earlier. We've wasted two weeks in a crucial window.

Unless Shez has been aware of the job's availability for weeks, he's got to analyse the squad, then target and sign adequate upgrades all in the space of two weeks, while preparing for matches in the time-being. An unenviable task.

It's difficult to justify Holden's position but it would've been helpful to maintain some continuity for the above reasons.v

This decision should've been made with greater conviction earlier. We've wasted two weeks in a crucial window.

Unless Shez has been aware of the job's availability for weeks, he's got to analyse the squad, then target and sign adequate upgrades all in the space of two weeks, while preparing for matches in the time-being. An unenviable task.

It's difficult to justify Holden's position but it would've been helpful to maintain some continuity for the above reasons.v

Or it could be that transfer windows don't actually mean :censored: all to clubs like us.

He may have a 100 page dossier!!

I agree on most of those. Poleon, I'm not entirely convinced though and Croft I think is finished at this level.

I guess it depends who he brings in.

Dean Bouzanis was best we had for a long time in Aus now but would be worth a shot to bring him back only playing for the kangaroo wallabys or

something like that !!

He's just signed for Man City's Australian team, Melbourne City who are 3rd in the A-League. But yeah, he'll come back to play for Oldham...

He undoubtably was, so if he's been targeting potential signings for us while still Newport's manager they have every right to be pissed off with him, if he wasn't then he's got a mammoth task to improve us before the end of January.