Rotherham (a)

3 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Take out the 2 or 3 or even 4 per season under Corneys 'new' regimes, not really many managers at all have been sacked

Bluddy hell....you can't cherry pick which years suit your argument and ignore the rest. We are the same as 95% of clubs....hire and fire.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Bluddy hell....you can't cherry pick which years suit your argument and ignore the rest. We are the same as 95% of clubs....hire and fire.

Says the bloke who chooses to ignore all those seasons under Royle. Going one step further back we had Frizzell for decades. Don't accuse me of the very same that you were choosing to try. Once Corney started shopping for managers at Pound shop it changed

13 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Says the bloke who chooses to ignore all those seasons under Royle. Going one step further back we had Frizzell for decades. Don't accuse me of the very same that you were choosing to try. Once Corney started shopping for managers at Pound shop it changed

Sorry to burst your dewy-eyed bubble but Royle and Frizzell are ancient history in footballing years working for a board where loyalty going both ways was the norm.

I'm not disagreeing with you having a bit of loyalty but we support a club that isn't showing any. And as I said, it's commonplace to sack quickly and a rarity to support a manager for longer than a year.

As to Sheridan, if a club came in with a better deal, he'd be offski.

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Awful defending for the goals, no desire to close players down.

Weak tackling wing backs and leaden footed centre backs who can't rise to head a ball is something every club that plays against us will take advantage of.

How you replace 5 poor defenders with what we have on the books is a dilemma, this lot look like keeping us down at the bottom.

Maybe Abdallah has some big quick free agents ready to bring in.

Its the only hope until January as I see it.

5 defenders? Must’ve watched a different game. For a start, McLaughlin and Nepu are wingers. Both playing as wing backs. Neither which are capable but needs must. Dummigan can play wingback supposedly. He’s just shit tho. 

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Sorry to burst your dewy-eyed bubble but Royle and Frizzell are ancient history in footballing years working for a board where loyalty going both ways was the norm.

I'm not disagreeing with you having a bit of loyalty but we support a club that isn't showing any. And as I said, it's commonplace to sack quickly and a rarity to support a manager for longer than a year.

As to Sheridan, if a club came in with a better deal, he'd be offski.

Dewy-eyed is sometimes the best. I dont get this scepticism malarky. We need to stay loyal-this team will come good, even without the foreigners.

Conversely If Shez was approached tell them No. He has a contract.

2 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Dewy-eyed is sometimes the best. I dont get this scepticism malarky. We need to stay loyal-this team will come good, even without the foreigners.

Shez would most probably say “you need to speak to Simon and see if he wants to accept the compo.”

2 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Corney won't be dewy-eyed........and neither yours or my opinion or anybody else's will mean any more than jack-sh*t.

Edited by mikejh45

51 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Just based on age, club history and yesterdays warm up ?

Warm up means nothing.....he knows he's on the bench so what or, more importantly, who does he need to prove.

Based on the Lancashire Senior cup against Everton, he played well according to the reports. One viewpoint stood out which was looking after the area behind the centre-backs so if we are going to play Clarke and Gerrard then this will relieve some pressure by clearing the ball over the top.

Putting on one side the crap second half collapse the only things  I liked on Sat were the maga  pork and crackling buttiie I had outside the ground,the Sharon Osborne lookalike and a fellow fan who came up to me and said he was on the same fight back from Palma as me..

Let's not have a display or tactics like that again this season..

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2017 at 8:39 AM, Monty Burns said:

Whilst it may be true that Ruddy is rubbish, Wilson and Placide are worse.

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Placid is worse?!?!?

12 minutes ago, Wardie said:

To be fair, he did make that comment before Placide's antics lit up the stage at BP.
Still, it has come back to bite him on the ass. :D 

To be accurate, he did make that comment without ever seeing Placide play...

3 games in it is still too early to say definitively that Placide is the answer but the signs are promising.

Would you like cream or custard with that large slice of humble pie Mr Burns? ?

25 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

?

Right up there with Micheal Fish saying 'there is not going to be a storm.'

I think you've misquoted Mr Fish.

He used the word "hurricane" and while the country got flattened by bloody strong winds, that may have been hurricane force at times, it wasn't actually a hurricane.

3 hours ago, opinions4u said:

I think you've misquoted Mr Fish.

He used the word "hurricane" and while the country got flattened by bloody strong winds, that may have been hurricane force at times, it wasn't actually a hurricane.

That was it. My brain could see him, beige suit, light blue shirt, green and yellow striped tie, rainbow in the background, but he kept saying 'somebody rang the bbc earlier saying there would be a cyclone..'

Now, obviously, Mr Fish would never say cyclone, so I went with storm.