Fleetwood appoint Joey Barton on 3 year deal!!

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Intelligence is something that one of my lecturers from my university days said takes many forms.

He might seem quite intelligent on twitter or talksport I listened to that once and think a few brain cells died. But has he got the intelligence to pick a team up off the floor who have just lost 4 on the spin and after planning well before a game find themselves 2-0 down with a man sent off at half time.

He will be dealing with footballers at league 1 level who have much less natrual ability than he had, how will he deal with this? Im not sure he will cope.

Not sure he was a guy blessed with loads of natural ability to be honest, he made a little go a long way.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure he was a guy blessed with loads of natural ability to be honest, he made a little go a long way.

But that in itself is a gift and something that isnt found in every/many footballers certainly not at this level, something that I dont think he will understand.

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Intelligence is something that one of my lecturers from my university days said takes many forms.......

3 hours ago, latics22 said:

I read his autobiography, I can’t say he came across intelligent at all......

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

.......Anyone who gets towards the top of any profession has a fair degree of intelligence but I'm not having it that he is some kind of deep thinker.

Did anyone of you watch him on Question Time?

He attempted an analogy, whereby he used "ugly girls" to describe electoral choices in EU elections..... to his primarily liberal-left audience..... it was f*cking car crash. :lol:

1 hour ago, frizzell54 said:

Why have we got a thread discussing another teams managerial appointment.  Wrong Forum surely?

Terraces is Oldham and League one. Last time I checked Fleetwood are more in League one than we are. 

Mods- If we are relegated does that need altering? Is something easy and/or free/cheap? 

I suspect he will do well.  Football management indeed any management is about character.  I can't see Joey capitulating to playing the crap football we are currently being served up.

Shez is on a win win - 9 months off 3 months on is a great career move.

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

I suspect he will do well.  Football management indeed any management is about character.  I can't see Joey capitulating to playing the crap football we are currently being served up.

Shez is on a win win - 9 months off 3 months on is a great career move.

Suspect Shez will get a nice golden-goodbye from Fleetwood after comfortably keeping them up. 

Shez was on a nice earner to keep Fleetwood up, the deal with Barton was sorted months ago despite him being banned from all footy until June hence why Shez was only given a contract until the end of the season.

Barton will clash with the Fleetwood hierarchy within weeks, all transfers are conducted by Greiter Steinson and Andy Pilley and to run the team you are head coach and only coaching their players, a recipe for disaster given his temperament.

3 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Shez was on a nice earner to keep Fleetwood up, the deal with Barton was sorted months ago despite him being banned from all footy until June hence why Shez was only given a contract until the end of the season.

Barton will clash with the Fleetwood hierarchy within weeks, all transfers are conducted by Greiter Steinson and Andy Pilley and to run the team you are head coach and only coaching their players, a recipe for disaster given his temperament.

As in the former Bolton fullback...?

Can I use this as an opportunity to wheel out my anecdote about Joey Barton's uncle Brian? According to my dad, "lovely bloke. Great player. Absolute headcase on the pitch though." Only person we know of who got a sine die ban three times. My brother saw him come on as a sub in a semi final when his team were 1-0 down and apparently he was immense, won them the game. The other team were kicking lumps out of him to try to get a reaction because of his reputation but he didn't turn a hair. Then the following week he got brought on for the last ten minutes in dead rubber league game, one of the players says "ay Brian who's hanging out your wife while you're here" and he knocks the bloke out cold. Didn't bother waiting for the red card, just carried on running off the pitch.

Anyhow I give it 6 months before Joey twats a ref or his players or both.

2 hours ago, rosa said:

Can I use this as an opportunity to wheel out my anecdote about Joey Barton's uncle Brian? According to my dad, "lovely bloke. Great player. Absolute headcase on the pitch though." Only person we know of who got a sine die ban three times. My brother saw him come on as a sub in a semi final when his team were 1-0 down and apparently he was immense, won them the game. The other team were kicking lumps out of him to try to get a reaction because of his reputation but he didn't turn a hair. Then the following week he got brought on for the last ten minutes in dead rubber league game, one of the players says "ay Brian who's hanging out your wife while you're here" and he knocks the bloke out cold. Didn't bother waiting for the red card, just carried on running off the pitch.

Anyhow I give it 6 months before Joey twats a ref or his players or both.

How do you get a sine die ban 3 times?

On 18/04/2018 at 8:44 PM, Stanley30 said:

Clever bloke, good experience, uefa qualified and come across well when talking about the game. What did u base Wellens being a good manager?

Pseudo intellect (actually a bit thick at times), no managerial experience, badges count for nowt.  

52 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Pseudo intellect (actually a bit thick at times), no managerial experience, badges count for nowt.  

Since when has an educaton been needed to excel as a football manager, many of this countries great managers came from humble beginnings. 

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Since when has an educaton been needed to excel as a football manager, many of this countries great managers came from humble beginnings. 

I don’t say it was needed.  Someone else said he was a clever bloke. I think he is a tool, with very little intelligence and zero emotional intelligence.