Today's S*n 2-page spread article

24 minutes ago, singe said:

So this is what it says, for those that have not read it:

but if they fail to notch up a victory they know Rochdale are waiting in the  wings to condemn them to League One with a better result.

The season began with 7 straight defeats under John Sheridan. If it ends in defeat then Sheridan could be sacked too.

Yet the events of the past week underline the difficulties he has faced under new owner Abdallah Lemsagem, who took over in January.

The problems are such that the Football League have been monitoring te situation.

And former owner, Simon Corney(right), who sold the club to Simon Corney for around £3 million is understood to be so upset with reports of events he is thinking of trying to buy his way back in. [really?!!]

You're making my head hurt, man!

If these are the exact words of the article it’s badly written . Since when did Corney sell the club to Corney. A defeat of 3-20 to Southend would have really dented our goal average. What a load of bullshit. REALLY???????

1 hour ago, Twisbrogan said:

How? ...but then regardless of that, managers use 'friendly journalists' all the time to leak stories that will further their cause at either their current club to get them to another one.

30 minutes ago, singe said:

So this is what it says, for those that have not read it:

Ken Lawrence.

"Oldham boss Richie Wellens is working in a climate of chaos as he bids to save Athletic from the drop.

He takes his 5th bottom side to Northampton tomorrow, knowing a win will guarantee survival.

but if they fail to notch up a victory they know Rochdale are waiting in the  wings to condemn them to League One with a better result.

The season began with 7 straight defeats under John Sheridan. If it ends in defeat then Sheridan could be sacked too.

Yet the events of the past week underline the difficulties he has faced under new owner Abdallah Lemsagem, who took over in January.

The problems are such that the Football League have been monitoring te situation.

And former owner, Simon Corney(right), who sold the club to Simon Corney for around £3 million is understood to be so upset with reports of events he is thinking of trying to buy his way back in. [really?!!]

Eight days ago Wellens discovered Moroccan businessman Lemsagem had suspended French midfielder  Ousmane Fane midfielder without him knowing.

He called the 24 year old into his office 48 hours before a 3-20 home defeat to Southend and criticised the midfielder - who had just played his 46th game of the season- for his poor efforts.

Yet Wellens was planning to play him in Saturdays' drab 0-0 draw with Doncaster.

Fane has complained to the PFA over his treatment.

Meanwhile the Latics's players found out a week ago that 3rd time in 8 months they had not been paid.

When SunSport contacted the club yesterday, they insisted they had now been paid.

Wellens also had to deal with another crisis in January - and one that almost certainly made the relegation fight harder.

The 38 year old's 3 best players, Kean Bryan, Eoin Doyle and Jack Byrne all had to return to parent clubs Manchester city, Preston and Wigan.

Deals were arranged to bring back Bryan and Doyle and key midfielder was signed on a two-and-a-half year deal.

But by then the club had been put under a player registration embargo having breached Football League Financial Fair play Rules despite making the squad wait for the wages before Christmas.

The only way Wellens could bring them back was to reduce his wage bill to accommodate them. [wow extraordinary !!]

And that meant he ad to dump 8 players in 2 days. Including experienced Captain Peter Clarke who joined Bury on loan.

The delay meant the trio missed a run of 3 games during which the Latics took just 1 point.

to make matters worse, striker Doyle who scored 14 goals before Christmas missed 3 months after developing  a blood clot in his chest following a weights session. {that's not public knowledge is it?]

Yet within the squad remain 3 players - all free agents understood to have been to have been brought into the club in the summer on the recommendation of former agent Lemsagem - who have barely kicked a ball.

Mohamed Maouche, a central midfielder played the last 10 mins of a 1-0 defeat to Charlton on  Jan 6th.

He has not figured since, yet is reported to be the highest paid player on £4,000 per week. [£208,00 per year]

Winger Gyamfi Kyeremeh joined from Eintract  Braunschweig II and got the first 81 mins of a 2-0 defeat to Wigan on 19th Aug but has nt played again in the League.

Nor has forward Abdelhakin Omrani, who arrived from Sedan and was given 7 games under Wellens but last played in a 3-2 loss to Scunthorpe ion oct 28.

Squad problems have not been the only headache for the boss.

Oldham's Chapel Road training ground, like the pitch next door at Boundary Park became what an inside described as a "cow patch" after months of bad weather.

This has meant Wellens has spent recent months training his players on artificial pitches hired hired whenever a spare one can be found.

Lemsagem, instrumental in the sacking of Sheridan in the summer, launched a wide search for a successor, with superstar names such as Paul Scholes and Walter Zenga int he frame.

Wellens got the role, but SunSport understands there are now doubts about his future at a club that may be facing one too many crisis after a decade of decline.

The Football League spokesman confirmed that Latics problems are much on the radar.

He revealed "The FL has been made aware of some issues regarding Oldham Athletic and are in regular dialgoue with regard to finding solutions."

When contacted by Sunsport, other to insist the players had been paid, and Oldham spokesman said "We are not able to comment on these matters"

He could take legal action if true

5 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

You're making my head hurt, man!

3 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

If these are the exact words of the article it’s badly written . Since when did Corney sell the club to Corney. A defeat of 3-20 to Southend would have really dented our goal average. What a load of bullshit. REALLY???????

Cheers, edited.

3 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

I've always suspected this.

Shez out!

The article is complete and utter buckshit.

Looks like a young kid has written it. Didn’t realise Shez was still on the payroll 

Edited by Smiler13

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

The article is complete and utter buckshit.

Looks like a young kid has written it. Didn’t realise Shez was still on the payroll 

You can go an buy the fucking paper if you want...

I was typing it at work and kept having to hide my browser as the boss walked past.

Edited by singe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, singe said:

You can go an buy the fucking paper if you want...

I was typing it at work and kept having to hide my browser as the boss walked past.

Even though you have made mistakes in trying to rewrite the article the context of the article is obviously a destabilising technique to get at our manager and team before Saturday. Come on you blues you can stuff Northampton if you all concentrate on your football and not on such f-Ing articles in the press or should I say shitty gutter press.

19 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Even though you have made mistakes in trying to rewrite the article the context of the article is obviously a destabilising technique to get at our manager and team before Saturday. Come on you blues you can stuff Northampton if you all concentrate on your football and not on such f-Ing articles in the press or should I say shitty gutter press.

Which bits of it don't ring true and who does it serve best ( to get these excuses in early)?

Edited by Twisbrogan

3 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Which bits of it don't ring true and who does it serve best ( to get these excuses in early)?

You believe what you want from this shitty article and I will reserve my judgement until after Saturday 

I like the idea that the Sun have just thrown this out for the fun of it cos they hate OAFC.

I also like the idea that a L1 player on 4k should be so shocking as to be unbelievable.

However in all seriousness this can only come from Corney, all respect lost.

Edited by deyres42

We really need to draw a line under this. Whether it has come from Wellens or not - although I very much doubt it - we need zero animosity at the match tomorrow. It’s huge. Seriously, let’s revisit this (if we must at all) on Sunday. 

14 minutes ago, maddog said:

We really need to draw a line under this. Whether it has come from Wellens or not - although I very much doubt it - we need zero animosity at the match tomorrow. It’s huge. Seriously, let’s revisit this (if we must at all) on Sunday. 

Nah. I’ll back the team during the match but we shouldn’t draw a line under this. If it has come from Wellens he’s a little rat.

Edited by Ryan

14 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Nah. I’ll back the team during the match but we shouldn’t draw a line under this. If it has come from Wellens he’s a little rat.

The important word there being if... IF It’s come from him I’m with you. But no one has a clue - that’s the problem with the internet. Far too many Facebook/Twitter/forum user juries out there. Let’s just crack on with tomorrow 

I can't see this coming from Wellens. It's too much of a coincidence timing wise just before a big game like tomorrow not to be from something to do with Rochdale.

Corney won't come back, he's gone.

I can't see Moauche being on 4k a week if he's nowhere near the first team. If a player can waltz into a club and demand 4k a week, surely he'd have the clout to demand a place in the first team ie it would be on his contact to play x amount of games? 

Omrani and Keremyah have both shown they aren't quite good enough, that's why they havent been playing.

We know the training facilities are shit.

We know about the players not being paid.

We know that Fane was told he won't be training with the first team; do we even know the real reason why? No we don't. For all we know he's done something unprofessional behind the scenes. 

All in all a shower of shite that isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Let's just get behind the team and survive this weekend. 

If there is a shit storm brewing, it can wait. What happens ON the pitch tomorrow is far more important. 

9 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

The important word there being if... IF It’s come from him I’m with you. But no one has a clue - that’s the problem with the internet. Far too many Facebook/Twitter/forum user juries out there. Let’s just crack on with tomorrow 

To me the article stinks of Wellens wanting print evidence that nothing was ever his fault at Latics. Obviously we will never know. I’m not going to castrate the guy because of an inkling.

And I agree, we just need to get over the line tomorrow and go back to worrying about the politics of the club next week.

This thread is conspiracy theory central. Its like a game of guess who. Who leaked the story

- Simon Corney

- Richie Wellens

- Osmane Fane

- Keith Hill

- John Sheridan

Or ones not mentioned

- Tony Philliskirk

- Barry Owen

- Chaddy the owl.