2018 Sell, Release or Keep. Goalkeepers

2018 Sell Release Keep. GK.  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Zeus de la Paz (2019)

2. 2. Johny Placide (2019)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2019 at 10:45 AM

So the 2018 Sell Release Keep poll

Because of the size of the squad it exceeds the reasonable total number of poll questions for Defenders and Midfielders so I have split them and loanees.

Obviously this is in view of relegation.

Clearly we don't have an inkling of the budget yet, which may reveal itself during the poll.

Edited by singe

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

How can I answer on someone I’ve never seen. Can we have an option to cover that ? 

The fact that we have never seen him might say a lot.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The fact that we have never seen him might say a lot.

You’d think so with a decent manager anyway. But why was Nepo never picked then ? He , for me anyway, was better than what was picked before him ! RW clearly lost the plot. And people saying AL playing manager yet his players were rarely picked. Understandably with some but not with all. The biggest bollock dropped for me tho was not playing AAH alongside Doyle. He always had a positive impact for my money when he came on. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

42 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't he miss a shoot out penalty, otherwise he wasn't that bad.

Yes, he kicked it into orbit, last seen passing Saturn I believe. Apart from that he was a steady keeper, think LJ released him due to budget constraints rather than ability.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Tend to agree.

Likely we'll start the season with both of course.

Get a decent journeyman as cover and a loan from prem/championship.  Keeper is the one position where a loan really works I think. No hiding place and they are obsessed with clean sheets. 

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Despite his shitshow yesterday I'd still keep Placide. He's been very good on many an occasion. We've had far worse. 

Doubt he'll want to stay though. 

The shit shows have been far to regular for my liking. I think the fact that more people have voted to keep someone we’ve never even seen speaks volumes. Bring back CR and I’ll be happy. 

17 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

The shit shows have been far to regular for my liking. I think the fact that more people have voted to keep someone we’ve never even seen speaks volumes. Bring back CR and I’ll be happy. 

But it doesn't mean they want La Paz as first choice. Most have CR in mind like you I think, I know I have. I voted just start again, I am dubious of his quality.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Get a decent journeyman as cover and a loan from prem/championship.  Keeper is the one position where a loan really works I think. No hiding place and they are obsessed with clean sheets. 

Let me take you back to Wilson and Ruddy.

Tis a strange one re Jonny. He has some decent ability as we saw at the start of his Latics career but recently he's looked Not even half the player. His confidence is shot as is his desire. He's slow to react to the second ball, anything that's low to his left ends up in the net. If what has been said is to believe he's not overly popular in the dressing room.

However he has good vision for passes, he's footwork when confident was brilliant and his reaction saves were at times top draw. Maybe keep on as back up. We need a solid shouty Keeper that can organise. 

58 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

People now want to get rid of Placide???

What about all the Cruyff turns? A few more we might have survived!

Good shot stopper but too often knocked the ball back into dangerous areas. I think he will be gone. 

Gone through about 720 degrees on Placide. Watched him in the warm up at Rotherham he had 86 shots taken at him and conceded 74 so I felt reasonably safe saying he was shit.

Then he played and I loved him.

Then I met him and he couldn’t speak a word of English, his kid did some translating, which worried me in terms of organising a defence. I also realised how small he is. 

Then some racist on here called me a liar and claimed to have had a full conversation with him ??

Then his mum died and he was shit again, but massive kudos for coming back so soon as we needed him. With hindsight this was a mistake.

Then he picked up again for a couple of games either side of rochdale.

Then saturday happened.

• Like 1