Radio Manc tonight. 6pm. 9th April

33 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

As per his tweet, Kieran McGuire giving us & Marco stick for moving the accounting period by a day to delay publication by 3 months. I hadn’t considered this, but - Kieran McGuire suggested - it could also be true that we haven’t paid the accountants and they’ve downed tools too.... unsurprisingly nothing else to add about us it would appear.

Moved without advising the Trust by the way.  

I was very keen to see if the debt had been dented at all and if the Necarcu loan/debenture had been paid off as per the sale to  Abdallah.

Guess we will have to wait a little bit longer

32 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Fuck me Kow has definitely got a boner here...

It is interesting.  Lower league football is basically fucked.  It’s good and sensible to add context to our troubles. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, underdog said:

I was very keen to see if the debt had been dented at all and if the Necarcu loan/debenture had been paid off as per the sale to  Abdallah.

We'd already know that wouldn't we as mortgages/ charges are updated as and when they are incurred and settled...which this one hasn't been.

18 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

We'd already know that wouldn't we as mortgages/ charges are updated as and when they are incurred and settled...which this one hasn't been.

Should br posted on Companies house yes. 

50 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Only if they are filed. Companies House is not a reliable record. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

....all the region’s clubs were invited to nominate someone to contribute to the programme. Only Wigan accepted.... their Chief Exec, Jonathan Jackson? is on.

Barry offered his services!

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

....one would assume however he would want to show charges are no longer outstanding, if indeed they have been settled.

But is there anyone there who is familiar with filing process.... 

17 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Despite all that. The finance expert says it’s almost always sorted before it goes bump. Because it’s football....

Its been said for years and years that huge numbers of football clubs will go bust and ultimately it doesn't happen because its football. They maybe registered as Ltd's but they are not run like a business aiming to make a profit more like populist institutions.

Its possibly why they attract so many dodgy characters Ken Anderson is playing a game he wants to sell but only for a profit but he also knows that the courts will unlikely liquidate Bolton Wanderers a local institution for well over 100 years dare I say it too big to fail? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Doesn't the fact that accounts have been delayed by three months by such a deliberate act of changing the year end by one day, tell us there is something to hide?

Very probably, but not definitely. 

58 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bolton done, as in liquidation.

Current rumour doing the rounds in Bolton.  Sad. 

I have no sympathy...……...lived beyond their means for many years and every year compounded their problems.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I have no sympathy...……...lived beyond their means for many years and every year compounded their problems.

Me to, they won’t go bump! I don’t think bury will! But if they do they deserve it! Unfair success, we’re fucked without even any success 

49 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

30 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Me to, they won’t go bump! I don’t think bury will! But if they do they deserve it! Unfair success, we’re fucked without even any success 

I know what you are saying. They did effectively cheat and I know fans should perhaps be more live to the massive overspending in good times, but it’s not really the fans fault. I wouldn’t wish the demise of a club on any fan.... except perhaps Man U 😁.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I know what you are saying. They did effectively cheat and I know fans should perhaps be more live to the massive overspending in good times, but it’s not really the fans fault. I wouldn’t wish the demise of a club on any fan.... except perhaps Man U 😁.

I tried to argue that before I wrote it, there is one bury fan on twitter who is a total wank@! But you’re right it isn’t the fans fault!

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

A long, long time ago when the Bear (Darren Beckford) scored the solitary winning goal against them in an FA cup tie at Burnden Park, the Oldham fans were told to stay behind whilst the police could disperse the locals. At 5.30, we boarded our coach with instructions to lie on the floor...….we passed a blue Oldham Transit van, about 200 yards from the ground with a smashed windscreen, and a woman sat on the side of the road with blood pouring from her head, after several Bolton fans "bricked" their van.

Sorry (not really)...…..I can live with verbal abuse but that all changes when verbal changes to physical.

So, in response to the thought of Bolton going under...…...F^CK 'EM!!! 

• Like 3

Just now, mikejh45 said:

A long, long time ago when the Bear (Darren Beckford) scored the solitary winning goal against them in an FA cup tie at Burnden Park, the Oldham fans were told to stay behind whilst the police could disperse the locals. At 5.30, we boarded our coach with instructions to lie on the floor...….we passed a blue Oldham Transit van, about 200 yards from the ground with a smashed windscreen, and a woman sat on the side of the road with blood pouring from her head, after several Bolton fans "bricked" their van.

Sorry (not really)...…..I can live with verbal abuse but that all changes when verbal changes to physical.

Ha. Fair enough. I walked out of that game in my latics scarf all the way to Bolton/bury road and caught a bus. 

I do do recall them storming the Chaddy end via the lookers paddock once....was quite exciting. 

3 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Certainly a very nasty set of fans back in the day. Just read Carl Spiers' book "Don't Look Back in Anger" for an insight.

Still - we did sign the fantastic Stevie Taylor from them - great striker. On balance, it will be sad if they are liquidated. Just hope it's not the one that sends the pack of cards tumbling down.