Exeter (A)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

As far as I know, ALMO are out of the country, so maybe this is Dino's pick. If he get binned, who the hell do we bring in?

Is it a pre requisite that ALMO can only be in this country for them to influence team selection? 

2 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Keeper should have saved at least 3 of those .... managers selection and tactics again leave a lot to be desired.........

agree with the first bit but not the second - we were comfortably the better team until we were reduced to 10 suggesting that tactically until that point we were set up right.

6 minutes ago, astottie said:

Just hazarding a guess here but could it be the difference between playing 2 poor sides at home and 2 better sides away?

Stop being negative astottie - we were play-off candidates after the 2 recent home wins, with some people getting quite giddy.

A fair % of fans remain in denial (or are not willing to swallow their pride and admit they may be wrong) - our demise has absolutely nothing to do with this manager, or the previous one... or the one prior to that etc.

Unless everyone pulls together and focuses on the fundamental issue we shall continue with this insane, "we're looking good", "we're feckin shit" roller coaster until we disappear into the footballing ether.

As bad as the result is  we were the better side up until the sending off  I don’t know why players do that on the line  deliberately put his arm to the ball  we down to 10 and they get a penalty  might as well let the goal go in and take 2-1 down but still got 11 on pitch.  Zeus needs dropping for a long time I’d rather play the youth goalie 

Just now, Handsy said:

As bad as the result is  we were the better side up until the sending off  I don’t know why players do that on the line  deliberately put his arm to the ball  we down to 10 and they get a penalty  might as well let the goal go in and take 2-1 down but still got 11 on pitch.  Zeus needs dropping for a long time I’d rather play the youth goalie 

I didn't see the game but where did the problem start? obviously Wheater handball, but before it, the build up?

2 minutes ago, Handsy said:

The issue is you play the youth keeper he lets in 5 then that’s his confidence done. We loaned Zabret for 6 months of the season, how bad must he have been. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

The issue is you play the youth keeper he lets in 5 then that’s his confidence done. We loaned Zabret for 6 months of the season, how bad must he have been. 

Could we not play Wheater in net after his 1 match ban. At least he managed to save something. 

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

The youth keeper is ok, he won't let us down.

Just now, BP1960 said:

The youth keeper is ok, he won't let us down.

If he is going to be good enough to have a pro career he will be good enough at 18 years old....experience to gain and mistakes to make  for sure but he if he does not have the essentials of good hands good size and good temperament  at 18 he never will 

In a circus some clowns employ jugglers.

Our clowns have employed a poor juggler, and put him between the posts.

I understand with 10 men we are going to be under more pressure, but De La Paz seemed to only be able to save a shot if it was straight at him.

He is too inconsistent to be a professional goalkeeper, but we are stuck with him to end of the season.

We let him go last season then someone changed their mind. Hopefully we will not make the same mistake next year.

Just now, Phoenix said:

If he is going to be good enough to have a pro career he will be good enough at 18 years old....experience to gain and mistakes to make  for sure but he if he does not have the essentials of good hands good size and good temperament  at 18 he never will 

Not necessarily. Keepers in their prime normally after mid 20s.

Archived