£10000 pounds worth of food thrown away

Corney said on the radio that we have thrown £10000 pounds worth of food away due to the weather. I thought we had outside caterers and this is what i was told by AH and it has been mentioned before when people have complained about lack of pies etc

can someone Clarify what the deal is with the food/catering at BP?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corney said on the radio that we have thrown £10000 pounds worth of food away due to the weather. I thought we had outside caterers and this is what i was told by AH and it has been mentioned before when people have complained about lack of pies etc

:blink:

Good question...

At £2.50 that's 4,000 pies! Given how hard it is to get a pie at times at BP I doubt there's that many. Also, surely the Orient game being called off yesterday meant that the pies hadn't been made yet so it's easy to stop the order...if not then they're being heated from frozen, in which case surely it's not costing anything.

And if it does include programmes then surely the club had the sense on Tuesday when the weather struck to hold fire on printing them...

A great gesture would have been to offer the in-date and unwanted food to charities in the local community.

However I don't know of the circumstances/arrangements concerning the food...

my thoughts exactly

im sure a few homeless charities, or whoever would have been extremely grateful for it

why just throw it away?

I dont get where he is coming from

The Tranmere match was postponed two days before. Its not as if the pies have to be baked 2 days in advance? The caterers ever heard of a freezer

And the Leyton Orient match was postponed again a good two days before the scheduled match.

i for one do not believe that for one second.

Anyone got a link to these comments ???

I thought the idea of cancelling the games in advance like the club have done was to help combat such losses and to help Fans not to travel when not needed??

I would be very suprised if the club have lost food for matchday consumption and if they have

I want to know why ???????????????????????? :unsure:

The new PR guy is hoping we get the sympathy vote, Feel sorry for little Oldham..

No disrespect to Corney but he aint here for the long haul, It's all very well complaining abnout the loss of pies 5 years ago or now if he intended to move the club forward - He isn't - It's unreasonable to moan about attendances, lack of funds etc. It's now about selling the land and the TTA's losses, not the clubs.. We need a new ground but it's a plan that's suits the TTA as much as us, if not more. It's not a concern for the club anymore but for them

Boring

It is really necessary, Corney, to talk up every loss? It's part of running a business as well you should know. But, hey, don't let that get in the way of letting us mere fans know just how grateful we should be.

Unemployment's at a 20-year or so high and there are people on the poverty line trying to heat their homes in the coldest winter I've ever experienced and he's seizing the opportunity to give it the bleeding heart story over what probably equates to a month's wages of one of the useless players he's signed. F*** off.

It is really necessary, Corney, to talk up every loss? It's part of running a business as well you should know. But, hey, don't let that get in the way of letting us mere fans know just how grateful we should be.

Unemployment's at a 20-year or so high and there are people on the poverty line trying to heat their homes in the coldest winter I've ever experienced and he's seizing the opportunity to give it the bleeding heart story over what probably equates to a month's wages of one of the useless players he's signed. F*** off.

wouldnt the club have insurance for this kind of thing ??? or is that being a bit naive in this day and age

FFS. The man was invited on TalkSport because of our exceptional period where we don't play any games. We are probably going to miss out on more games than anyone other club and it was quite clear that that was the reason we were invited on the show.

The man was as a frank, open and interesting as ever. At no point did he talk up problems. He actually said on a few occasions during the interview that we are by no means on our own in facing severe difficulties.

I also do not recall him saying we lost 10k on food...he did say we had wasted (lost) money on a number of things including food due to the weather/postponments...He's pretty :censored:ing astute does Corney and I for one am certain he will have done as much as he possible could to avoid wastage...

Jesus f***ing christ.

Have to say I agree !!!!! its getting embarrassing now how SC hits the media with this sort of stuff

wouldnt the club have insurance for this kind of thing ??? or is that being a bit naive in this day and age

Insurance for problems with fridges going down and freezers and food being wasted etc but.................

I cant undertand why pies et al were made 3 days before a game when match is called off !!!

Surely Programmes can be used for the postponned game, this has been done many times before

No football clubs have insurance for this sort of stuff. It's something they do in cricket. I can't recall why it doesn't happen in football but there was a reason IIRC - It was mentioned in the interview.

Have to say I agree !!!!! its getting embarrassing now how SC hits the media with this sort of stuff

Insurance for problems with fridges and freezers etc but I cant undertand why pies etc were made 3 days before a game when match is called off !!!

Surely Programmes can be used for the postponned game, this has been done many times before

Made, yes!

Cooked? No

Have the caterers ever heard of a freezer?