The Blue Real

Which Shirt is it!?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Which shirt do you most want?

• Fluo Yellow
    • Black / Royal
    • Powder Blue
    • Navy / Burgundy
  2. 2. Do you think it's right that the club are to launch another shirt?

• Yes
    • Indifferent
    • No

Isnt number 4 a bit of a clash with the home kit?

I've edited my original post as follows:

Also think that it would be worn on fewer occasions than the other three options, as it would not be acceptable when playing opposition wearing blue. Therefore the tangerine kit would end up being upgraded from the third to second choice, which is what people want anyway.

If you agree and are going to vote, vote tactically for number four - you know it makes sense!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have just officially voted..........and i voted to keep the tangerine one.

if everybody does this then the club has to take notice of the fan base.

whoever dreams up these colours for our kits must be colour blind

i'm all for keeping the tangerine kit, but i don't think fan power will have much say on this. Surely when you sign a contract with a kit manufacturer the amount of kit changes is decided then, as a minimum.

It might be out of the club's hands to some extent, the contract they signed with Carlotti might say that we have to change the kit every x years.

I did think about the tactical vote Diego, might pee off Carlotti but if the kits were too similar we would be forced to play in Tangerine.

Let's march from the civic centre before the Brighton game! grin.gif

Someone very wise several years ago suggested all teams should have 2 kits and one of them should be white, therefore no colour clashes and no super excessive ripping off of fans.Didn't seem to catch on for some reason

That's what they do in the American leagues.

we have done it before and no doubt we could do it again......come together as one.

if you dont like any of the new away kits,then vote on mass with a vote to keep the tangerine kit.

its our talisman away from home this season,and is the traditional colours of oldham athletic.

if enough people vote to keep the present kit and none of the new ones the club would have to listen to the fans,as we are the people that would be buying it.

any thoughts????

Good idea mate!

I voted, but added a note to my email saying I'm not happy about the constantly changing kit.

we have done it before and no doubt we could do it again......come together as one.

if you dont like any of the new away kits,then vote on mass with a vote to keep the tangerine kit.

its our talisman away from home this season,and is the traditional colours of oldham athletic.

if enough people vote to keep the present kit and none of the new ones the club would have to listen to the fans,as we are the people that would be buying it.

any thoughts????

I agree, lets vote to deny the club some vital income .

it shouldnt matter if the club have a deal or not really.

from the commercial point of view if everbody voted to keep the tangerine kit,the club would have to seriously consider it as nobody would be prepared to shell out £40 for any of the new kits offered,therefor costing the club lots of money in lost revenue and having a shop full of stock nobody wants.....at the end of the day money talks,and if they knew it wouldnt sell im sure they wouldnt stock it.

and yes they do this in the states,only on a grander scale and it works,nobody wants to upset the fan base it thats were the clubs get the money from.

all you have to do is say i vote to keep the present kit.and give a brief reason.

has anyone thought that the club know how popular the tangerine it is... and kit contract aside they could still choose what kit they want to play in each game...

Whatever we say is the "official" away kit - they can still wear tangerine as it is a registered kit... then after a year reintroduce a new tangerine as an official away kit.... having worn the new bobbins effort (as they all are...) exactly nowt times...

Jump through whatever hoops the kit suppliers want to... but then lets hope the club keep wearing tangering no matter what...

any thoughts????

Nonsense - the traditional colours are blue and white. We had a brief period under Ken Bates in tangerine (about 6 years only).

As an away kit then we wore tangerine in the late 50s and early 60s but don't confuse the issue!

I agree, lets vote to deny the club some vital income .

:stupid: .... :)

The tangerine kit will still be an offical kit! Its not going anywhere! You dont HAVE to buy a new away kit ?? If your against it then dont buy one! Plenty wont, plenty will! Creating vital money for the club.

I dont see the problem....where dieing on are arses....we need all the money we can get!!!

Edited by oafc0000

Cat - pigeon time.

Alan Hardy finishes his breakfast of new borns and comes up with his latest evil scheme to replace the popular away kit in the full knowledge that they might shift only 200 replicas. All the while he is planning to re-introduce the tangerine kit the season after to widespread relief and sales of 2000 kits. So over the course of 3 seasons the evil mastermind has increased club revenue by a few pounds and made himself both villain and hero at the same time.

Running this football club lark is easier than it looks.pidgeon

I just had a genius thought. As the 3rd choice on the website for the new kit is light blue why not pick that therefore it is likely that we will play in orange more due to still being a kit clash with the light blue. Lets con the system

having worn the new bobbins effort (as they all are...) exactly nowt times...

I'm fairly certain that you have to wear any registered kit a set amount of times. I think its something like 5. I could be wrong though but i'm sure this was the case a couple of years ago.

I don't really like any of the options for the new kit but if i had to choose it would probably be either 2 or 4. I don't buy away kits anymore though, they change too often.

FAO youngen

I don't wear shirts with a sponsor's name on but, from a spectator's point of view, it has to be number four.

Also think that it would be worn on fewer occasions than the other three options, as it would not be acceptable when playing opposition wearing blue. Therefore the tangerine kit would end up being upgraded from the third to second choice, which is what people want anyway.

If you agree and are going to vote, vote tactically for number four - you know it makes sense!

MODS: How about adding a poll on here so we can see before voting where the OWTB opinion is...???

If we are going to group vote for the blue kit to keep the tangerine as a regular it may help??

I'd go for the dark ones.... you then always need a lighetr (tangerine) option - that can be used, whenever you play another dark shirted club!

Florescent one = What are we Chelsea number 2?

Black one = No thanks, if its owt like the old Horners one

Powder Blue = Very Nice, and something which could be worn at a wedding!

Burgundy/Blue = I like this, but it has been said it will clash with the home shirt!

So Powder blue it is!