The Blue Real

Which Shirt is it!?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Which shirt do you most want?

• Fluo Yellow
    • Black / Royal
    • Powder Blue
    • Navy / Burgundy
  2. 2. Do you think it's right that the club are to launch another shirt?

• Yes
    • Indifferent
    • No

Well the club will lose £40 if they do. I looked forward to the "Tangerine" away shirt coming out in the summer of 07 but when I saw it, decided not to buy it due to it being, erm, Apricot. However, it's warmed on me and for the first time this season, I decided that in a month or so (loose change prevailing) I'll splash out on it. I kind of fell in love with it on Saturday you see, as I'm sure a good few hundred will have. But if they're talking about it not being the main away kit next season still, well sod that! Why should I buy it for just a few months wear, when I usually wear my home shirt to most games anyway? Stupid move IMO.

Same here - the constant changing of kits and their actual 'shelf-life' as a current shirt is the reason I haven't bought a replica shirt for years.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here - the constant changing of kits and their actual 'shelf-life' as a current shirt is the reason I haven't bought a replica shirt for years.

its not broke....so why fix it....

keep it as it is,its our talisman this season...

oldham play in blue and tangerine...blue and tangerine...blue and tangerine....

oldham play in blue and tangerine...blue and tangerine...blue and tangerine..

There should no surprise, we haven't kept an away kit for 2 seasons in a row for years.

In fact, I feel like doing a list!

08: orange/blue

07: navy/gold

06: white/blue

05: black/silver

04: yellow/blue

03: maroon/gold

02: maroon/gold

01: maroon/navy

00: white/maroon

99: white/maroon??

98: green/navy??

97: green/navy??

96: orange/white/navy??

95: orange/white/navy

94: white/red

There should no surprise, we haven't kept an away kit for 2 seasons in a row for years.

In fact, I feel like doing a list!

08: orange/blue

07: navy/gold

06: white/blue

05: black/silver

04: yellow/blue

03: maroon/gold

02: maroon/gold

01: maroon/navy

00: white/maroon

99: white/maroon??

98: green/navy??

97: green/navy??

96: orange/white/navy??

95: orange/white/navy

94: white/red

For 5yrs then, going off your list. Time for a period where we do then :wink:

Guest sheridans_world
I remember a few years ago we were actually told via the official site that there would now be a new away kit every year, with one season's away become the next season's 3rd. And this has been the case since.

I remeber this, think the black away shirt was the first 'alternative' kit

I have never been a huge fan of the tangerine, as it's copied off Blackpool, I'd like a kit that everyone knows is Oldham. Even the home kit can be mistaken for others.

I thought how about looking at what we had when we were Pine Villa or at the start of OAFC, but that was like Sunderlands. The horizontal hoops was a bit different.

So then it hit me how about tangerine and white horizontal hoops, thick or thin.

I definately prefer the stipes from 1907-1966 though, a variation on that for the home kit is my favourite, blue and white horizontal stripes is also good I think.

I think there was an urban myth that we introduced the Ajax style before them, but for us it was in 1923, wheras Ajax was in 1911.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Oldham_Ath...am_Athletic.htm

Edited by singe

Case of simple economics, the club doesn't do replica kits as a favour, they do them to make money, if they could charge for the air we use at BP then I am sure they would do. I bet this new kit will be similar to the current away kit but with a slightly different collar.

Case of simple economics, the club doesn't do replica kits as a favour, they do them to make money, if they could charge for the air we use at BP then I am sure they would do. I bet this new kit will be similar to the current away kit but with a slightly different collar.

But you have to question whether some people don't buy away shirts in particular as they know it will only really last 1 season. And in some cases even home kits have changed after 1 year due to sponsors / kit suppliers. I do wonder if the club deliberately set contracts / sponsor deals to clash with each other and with kit changes. 3 yr deal on sponsor and a staggered 3 yr deal on supplier means that changes happen more often

Yr 1 - New shirt, last "old supplier" year, 2nd Sponsor year

Yr 2 - Oops - new kit supplier, 3rd sponsor year

Yr3 - Oops - New sponsor.

Yr 4 - same kit.

Yr 5 - New kit, New supplier, last sponsor year.

Yr 6 - New sponsor, same kit

Yr 7 - New shirt design, same sponsor, 3 rd supplier year

Yr 8 - New supplier

Yr 9 - New sponsor, same kit

Yr 10 - New shirt deisgn, same sponsor

Yr 11 - new supplier

and on and on......................

If they just had a new home kit every 2 years, a new main away kit every 2 years, and a 3rd choice away kit every 4 years, they might actually sell more shirts overall. 4 yr supplier deal, 4 year sponsorship deal. Surely this would be better for sponsors too as it gives more chance of their name becoming associated with the club?

I can't believe grown men and women actually buy and wear football shirts.

It's the feeling of cheap nylon against the skin, innit?

I know where you're coming from but I wouldn't have put it quite as bluntly as that. I prefer to wear colours without sponsorship splashed all over it like replica kits have been for years.

My choice of away kit would either be the white with tangerine shorts or bring back that Umbro lime green outfit with splashes of mucus all over it from 1992. Mmmmmmm.

The bright yellow one, we do well when we play in high visibility kits. Would like the current one to stay but if we have to change then I would go for the yellow.

Having said that, I a sure that if the club recieved no votes or a groundswell of opinion against the change the current one may stay?

I don't wear shirts with a sponsor's name on but, from a spectator's point of view, it has to be number four.

Also think that it would be worn on fewer occasions than the other three options, as it would not be acceptable when playing opposition wearing blue. Therefore the tangerine kit would end up being upgraded from the third to second choice, which is what people want anyway.

If you agree and are going to vote, vote tactically for number four - you know it makes sense!

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The bright yellow one, we do well when we play in high visibility kits. Would like the current one to stay but if we have to change then I would go for the yellow.

Having said that, I a sure that if the club recieved no votes or a groundswell of opinion against the change the current one may stay?

There's a danger of players wearing the bright yellow shirt being wrongly caught offside when confused with the stewards!

No Tangerine :(

The way I read it on the official site was that Tangerine would be staying as the second strip but only for this season before being demoted to 3rd kit next season, we'll see I guess....

The Barca style looks ok but think its too close to our home kit, Yellow for me, not that I actually like it.

have just officially voted..........and i voted to keep the tangerine one.

if everybody does this then the club has to take notice of the fan base.

whoever dreams up these colours for our kits must be colour blind

we have done it before and no doubt we could do it again......come together as one.

if you dont like any of the new away kits,then vote on mass with a vote to keep the tangerine kit.

its our talisman away from home this season,and is the traditional colours of oldham athletic.

if enough people vote to keep the present kit and none of the new ones the club would have to listen to the fans,as we are the people that would be buying it.

any thoughts????