Worst signing ever made?

Seeing as we're talking about signings/transfers, whats the worst you feel Latics have ever made. The ones that come to my head are Phil Starbuck and Allan Smart

did we pay money for mike fillery? 9 mins football and then retired through injury

Guest sheridans_world

Mouassa Dabo...

Now that was a waste of Money.

Chris Killen? - just speak to Simon Corney about how much he cost :lol:

Michael Clegg?

Starbuck :lol:

"I'm trying my hardest here!"

"TRY :censored: HARDER THEN!"

Wigan away, Springfield Park.

I think that has got to have been the funniest interaction I've ever heard between a player and his own fans!!

Absolutely hilarious!

Dabo wasnt the best signing but I imagine we are keeping this to players who actually played for us??

Starbuck gets my vote too I'm afraid.

Peter Skipper, when i think of him i always remember him with a hump for some reason :huh:

I remember him, Dad slagged him off every game then one game (I forget which) Dad was talking to his mate and missed Skipper rocket in a wicked free kick.... Lots of cheering then Dad said, who scored kid, Skipper did Dad. **** off, never!!!!! lol

I don't think I had the joy of Starbuck. Was in my absent days.

In recent times, Rodney Jack. Can't entirely blame him for the injuries, but we paid him for 2 years and in return he gave us 5 starts, 6 sub appearances and 2 goals. Even at a conservative estimate that's about 25 grand a game...

"Rocket" Ronny Jepson - Why was he called Rocket ? - rubbish

Wayne Gill - he was shocking

Steve Whitehall - another striker who hardly scored for us. By the way his son is a cracking player, I believe he's on Liverpools books.

I have vague memories of us signing Tony Hateley as well in the 70's and him always being injured

Chris Moore, Neil Moore & Ronnie Moore. I'm spotting a common denominator here. NEVER LET ANYONE CALLED MOORE NEAR LATICS AGAIN :mad:

At least LW had to stop playing that "More, more, more. How do you like it, how do you like it?" song...

Actually, apologies to Neil Moore - I meant Neil Firm. Although only briefly on loan and not even mentioned in Wiki's list. Think he came from Leeds in 1982. Anyone remember him? Think he was described as a "stopper".

Mike Fillery - not sure if we paid any cash for him, but the 12-13 minutes he had were pretty decent IIRC.

Phil Starbuck would have been a better signing for Latics IF he'd had the same 'luck' as Fillery. Unfortunately that plank played too many times and for me with 26 years following Latics, he is the only player I can honestly say I loathed. Wigan away........shocking to see so much abuse hurled at a player from his own fans, and I even joined in (and never boo or jeer a latics player normally).