Guest oa_exile
Silly me the police forced the club to write such a tactless ill thought out statement did they?

In fairness Stipey I would expect that GMP would have wanted the Club to make an official statement.

As i posted earlier though I still dont agree with the statement , common sense prevails you dont buy a season ticket in what will be the most volatile area of the RRE.

Edited by oa_exile

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is nice to know that I share a football club with such self centred, nasty, foul-mouthed, self opiniated, mindless holligans, spoiling for a fight in thei drunken stupor.

Am I being fair?

Probably not but I was not able to attend Saturday's match because I lay on my sickbed hoping the anti-biotics worked. Thanks for asking but they have not worked yet and I am getting bed sores.

I can only go off your rants on here. The above although I am sure it is grossly wrong is what you sound like. Take the trouble to read back and see just how over the top you have gone and the poor quality of arguments you have made. Let me illustrate a few.

You all claim to be the lifeblood of the club. It would surely cease to be if you where not their.

The truth is that you probably are the section of the fans that costs them money in extra stewarding. If every fan did sit down and not swear or wind up the opposition crowd the money saved would probably equate to everything you pay to the club.

You cannot see why your own behaviour should be modified so it does not impinge on the enjoyment of others. These people may well be paying the same or more than you, but obviously you are far more important.

One has to ask whether you have come to watch the match at all, or merely to live out some Rambo fantasy. If you did come to watch the match you would be aware that the Chaddy End has sight lines that should make every seat carry a "restricted view" warning. Of course anyone moving from the Lookers Upper who has in the past tried the Chaddy would not wish to return there if their ambition was to watch a football match.

"Why did they pick seats in that area if they did not want to take part in swearing and throwing things?"

Well perhaps they thought these seats are central in the stand and likely to have the best view of the football match I have come to WATCH.

Your attitude to stewards is amazing They apparently manage to be over officious jobs worth whilst at the same time cowardly idle gets. Now I have no desire to justify the individual actions of any steward but these are minimum wage people trying to make enough money to see them through the week. The pay and conditions are horrific and few people would do it out of choice. They are not and never will be an adequate replacement for real policemen. No lower league football club can afford real police so they have to employ them. You are all big men in a large group but ask yourself honestly whether in a dispute you don't care about you would on your own like to go up to a large group of drunken yobs and confront them. Ask yourself whether you would do this if you knew you were being filmed and you had to let the yobs hit you first before you fought back. Ask yourself if you would confront them when if you get too injured to work the next day you would lose wages that are vital just to keep your head above water. It is not looking such a good job anymore.

Can you blame the club really for doing what they have to do to retain their safety certificate? Obviously you can and also th

row in unsubstantiated claptrap at Allan Hardy. He does not deserve the vitriol you are throwing his way. He has given far more to the club than a mindless hooligan could ever contemplate. No, he has not always been right and I am sure you have all never made a single mistake, but to doubt his committment to the success of the club flys in the face of all the evidence.

What you did on Saturday is not something to be proud of. It did not help the team. It means that in future the ability to make money will be severely reduced. We have been today drawn against Burnley in the Carling Cup. It could be our last appearance in the Carling this season. Had that match been a home match without your efforts we would possibly have been able to sell out the whole RRE. After your efforts we would have been forced to lose 500 seats. and have extra stewarding and policing costs. I leave you to get your calculator out to see exactly how much that would mean.

You will note that I managed the whole of this without a swear word. I mostly do. That way when you use one it has an impact.

Lastly and this will really annoy you. As I said I am on my sick bed and can only rely on an internet effects microphone, but for much of the match you were outsung by the Millwall fans. Perhaps if you had taken less notice of them and more of your own team I would not be able to say that.

Diatribe over get ready for incoming flack.

I forgot that if you swear and stand up you are a hooligan? I think I can say we will have to agree to disagree my friend.

I'm not annoyed at the fact we were outsung by Millwall fans, at least I can say I tried unlike half of the cardboard cut outs that sit there moaning about something or someone.

Edited by Kingdingaling

Well it is nice to know that I share a football club with such self centred, nasty, foul-mouthed, self opiniated, mindless holligans, spoiling for a fight in thei drunken stupor.

Am I being fair?

Probably not but I was not able to attend Saturday's match because I lay on my sickbed hoping the anti-biotics worked. Thanks for asking but they have not worked yet and I am getting bed sores.

I can only go off your rants on here. The above although I am sure it is grossly wrong is what you sound like. Take the trouble to read back and see just how over the top you have gone and the poor quality of arguments you have made. Let me illustrate a few.

You all claim to be the lifeblood of the club. It would surely cease to be if you where not their.

The truth is that you probably are the section of the fans that costs them money in extra stewarding. If every fan did sit down and not swear or wind up the opposition crowd the money saved would probably equate to everything you pay to the club.

You cannot see why your own behaviour should be modified so it does not impinge on the enjoyment of others. These people may well be paying the same or more than you, but obviously you are far more important.

One has to ask whether you have come to watch the match at all, or merely to live out some Rambo fantasy. If you did come to watch the match you would be aware that the Chaddy End has sight lines that should make every seat carry a "restricted view" warning. Of course anyone moving from the Lookers Upper who has in the past tried the Chaddy would not wish to return there if their ambition was to watch a football match.

"Why did they pick seats in that area if they did not want to take part in swearing and throwing things?"

Well perhaps they thought these seats are central in the stand and likely to have the best view of the football match I have come to WATCH.

Your attitude to stewards is amazing They apparently manage to be over officious jobs worth whilst at the same time cowardly idle gets. Now I have no desire to justify the individual actions of any steward but these are minimum wage people trying to make enough money to see them through the week. The pay and conditions are horrific and few people would do it out of choice. They are not and never will be an adequate replacement for real policemen. No lower league football club can afford real police so they have to employ them. You are all big men in a large group but ask yourself honestly whether in a dispute you don't care about you would on your own like to go up to a large group of drunken yobs and confront them. Ask yourself whether you would do this if you knew you were being filmed and you had to let the yobs hit you first before you fought back. Ask yourself if you would confront them when if you get too injured to work the next day you would lose wages that are vital just to keep your head above water. It is not looking such a good job anymore.

Can you blame the club really for doing what they have to do to retain their safety certificate? Obviously you can and also th

row in unsubstantiated claptrap at Allan Hardy. He does not deserve the vitriol you are throwing his way. He has given far more to the club than a mindless hooligan could ever contemplate. No, he has not always been right and I am sure you have all never made a single mistake, but to doubt his committment to the success of the club flys in the face of all the evidence.

What you did on Saturday is not something to be proud of. It did not help the team. It means that in future the ability to make money will be severely reduced. We have been today drawn against Burnley in the Carling Cup. It could be our last appearance in the Carling this season. Had that match been a home match without your efforts we would possibly have been able to sell out the whole RRE. After your efforts we would have been forced to lose 500 seats. and have extra stewarding and policing costs. I leave you to get your calculator out to see exactly how much that would mean.

You will note that I managed the whole of this without a swear word. I mostly do. That way when you use one it has an impact.

Lastly and this will really annoy you. As I said I am on my sick bed and can only rely on an internet effects microphone, but for much of the match you were outsung by the Millwall fans. Perhaps if you had taken less notice of them and more of your own team I would not be able to say that.

Diatribe over get ready for incoming flack.

There are plenty of people who have posted on this thread with differing opinions and you have stated “you, your, yourself” etc. Who are you referring to exactly???

The issue in the main is that there are two extreme opinions on here (including your own) and the only way to move the club forward, like with most things is to find a balance and therefore compromise. The one thing that I have learned over the years is that moaning solves nothing; find a solution not a problem.

P.s get well soon

Alan Hardy is a remarkable asset for this club. He's not perfect but his comitment, insight, good negotiating skills and his willingness to listen have been of great importance in keeping the club alive. And the friendlinees of the club must owe a great deal to the Chief Executive. Players, journalists, officials all bear testimony to the warmth of the club and AH must take credit for ensuring that over a long period. He does consult wiyh supporters and often takes on board what is said and amends policies as a result. Not always - but that's consultation, it's about listening but not passing decision maling over to you, I or any lobby or group.

We don't know for certain what pressures have been put on the club by the Police and I hope that the club will review its statement. But this vilification of AH is as bad as boo boys having a go at a player. AH is Latics thru and thru. He wants this club to be as succesful as you or I do. end of.

Good Post and very well said.

Am I being fair?

That absolute bollocks mate and you know it! Ive been coming to BP for the last 17 years now and i would say it ranks up there with being one of the least hostile, most family orientated clubs going. We certainly dont have loads of drunken people spoiling for a fight. Most of the drunkards spoiling for a fight were housed in the small section of the RRE. Of course we will have a few that will intent on causing trouble but thats the same at every football club in the land, the world even. People need to get over that, football hooliganism is never going to be completely stamped out, but dont tar eveyone with the same brush!!

I cant stand this over sensitive PC world we live into day.

Edited by wozz_oafc

(stewrat @ Aug 14 2008, 12:08 PM)

Am I being fair?

I don't honestly think you are Stew. Nobody wants a situation where families who don't want their kids to hear strong language, or for that matter whose kids wouldn't like it too loud, are unable to come to the game.

However, these people also need to accept that there are, and always have been, a large number of people who enjoy the game in a different way. I'm not talking about hooliganism, I am talking about loud and raucous singing, sometimes swearing, "banter," with the away fans and so on. Some of these people will also have chosen to enjoy some alcoholic drinks, as is their right.

Now, it would be completely wrong for the latter group to go into a place where the family section went in the expectation of enjoying a game the way they wanted, I think it is also pretty out of order, and frankly not that bright, for the, "family," groups to go into the place that a million and one factors are obviously pointing out will be the, "loud raucous," area and then complain that it is loud and raucous. I ask you - it is right that people should complain about hearing the Andy Ritchie song, with it's naughty language? In a, "home," end, in the bit that is clearly where the singing is going to go on, I say that you tacitly accept it by your choice of seat.

The ground is big enough and with few enough fans for a bit of live and let live isn't it?

Well I have slept on this one and I am still annoyed at the patronising tone of this statement.

I wonder if the club has sent any communication to Millwall FC about the behaviour of their fans regarding their persistent standing the swearing and bottle throwing not to mention spitting?

After speaking with a police officer who was in with the Millwall fans according to them, their behaviour was even worse after we ( The child hating violent yobs who call themselves Oldham fans) left!

ALL the problems and concerns in the letters of complaints are down to poor organisation from the club and Millwall fans NOT the handful of Latics fans who supported the team vocally throughout and stood.

No Designated family section.

No raised disabled viewing platform.

No action whatsoever form stewards on Millwall fans for standing throwing bottles.

This whole thing Stinks and yes I agree that Alan Hardy has the club at heart, but its common sense and little or no organisation where we have been let down by the club and not Vice Versa! We are being made the fall guys from no fault of our own.

The club should congratulate the Latics fans after Saturday if you compare the two sets of supporters I know who I would want to follow the club I owned.

Your attitude to stewards is amazing They apparently manage to be over officious jobs worth whilst at the same time cowardly idle gets. Now I have no desire to justify the individual actions of any steward but these are minimum wage people trying to make enough money to see them through the week. The pay and conditions are horrific and few people would do it out of choice.

I'd have thought these people would have been coming to BP and football in general to know these seats were right next to the away section, they must have know what it would be like.

Stewards, yes they can be over officious threatening jobs worths, when its an easy target, like a small boy and his dad. When they are actually needed to take up a more pro active roll, ie getting Millwall to sit down etc etc they are found wanting. Pay and conditions are obviously poor, nobody puts a gun to their head and makes them steward, do they?

Big :censored:ing wow. See what I did there?

Yes OE I get that the club would be asked to make a statement by GMP, but they, in my opinion have got the tone of the statement wrong.

I wonder if the club could make it to the end of the year without this minority of fans?

I guess if the policy is to piss us off and kick us out we are going to find out.....

Is one press release really enough to make you threaten to break the club by a boycott? Grow up.

Right.

After calming down a little, here's a few suggestions.

1. Organise a family area within the only stand in the ground without a bar - the Chaddy. Put up your signs for the 'Enjoy The Match' rubbish.

2. Designate a singing section within the Rocky. Communicate this to fans so that they may make an informed choice and guide them a little as they obviously had no idea what to expect when choosing seats in the stand right next to the away fans.

3. Designate a quieter area in the Rocky for those who want to be away from the singing section. Make this 'L' or 'A'.

4. Cordon off 2 or 3 rows at the back of 'L', 'A' and 'T' if needed so that when people stand up during the action, people in wheelchairs should still be able to see over them. Consult someone who is disabled to canvass opinion on this.

5. Put up netting between home and away fans to prevent things being thrown over.

6. Encourage sensible stewarding to BOTH sets of fans.

There you go Latics, start with that. Be proactive rather than bollocking your bread and butter fans in a condescending way!

:applause1:

Bravo Jorvik would be the most sensible and constructive solutiuon to all this.

Is one press release really enough to make you threaten to break the club by a boycott? Grow up.

Piss off...

I am not prepared to pay £20 a game and be the sort of the fan the club wants me to be. I have better things to do. I dont go to watch live football to sit down and just watch a game of football. I can do that at home on Sky if that intrested me...which it never had! Its the whole experience that goT me hooked. Including givning the opposition a mouthful...

Now if they dont want me, they dont get me... Ive also ALWAYS said the first time I get kicked out is the last time I come....

Make your choice latics....

And its not just a press release....its a statement of intent as far as I am concerned...

I will wait and see what happens but the club need to think before they act... Im not the only one that feels this way...

Fact is, its down to their mismanagement of the situation that this is now an issue.... I forseen this happen so why didnt the club ??? Wasnt rocket science....

Edited by oafc0000

Guest oa_exile
Yes OE I get that the club would be asked to make a statement by GMP, but they, in my opinion have got the tone of the statement wrong.

As posted before I agree with you about the OS statement.

(Not at you Stipey)

I am sure that the Club have read the reaction's and get the message loud and clear.

Lessons to be learnt as there are two sides to this story.

Piss off...

I am not prepared to pay £20 a game and be the sort of the fan the club wants me to be. I have better things to do. I dont go to watch live football to sit down and just watch a game of football. I can do that at home on Sky if that intrested me...which it never had! Its the whole experience that goT me hooked. Including givning the opposition a mouthful...

Now if they dont want me, they dont get me... Ive also ALWAYS said the first time I get kicked out is the last time I come....

Make your choice latics....

And its not just a press release....its a statement of intent as far as I am concerned...

I will wait and see what happens but the club need to think before they act... Im not the only one that feels this way...

Fact is, its down to their mismanagement of the situation that this is now an issue.... I forseen this happen so why didnt the club ??? Wasnt rocket science....

I don't have the will to read all this thread, but what I will say is that if i'm not allowed to stand and swear occasionally I will not be attending any further latics matches at home. This is PC gone crazy!!!!

How many is there that do then?

I can only speak for the people that I know.... 6 of us in my group all pritty much feel exactly the same about the situation...

Dosent take much to work out that alot of others will no doubt feel the same... I reckon alot of people will reconsider coming depending how strict the stewarding becomes....

Maybe the club feel there probably isnt enough of us to be concerned about... Maybe they are right... Maybe we wont be missed... Maybe thats why this as all come to a head? and families are more important ? I dont know... I only know what would stop me from coming....

Guest oa_exile
Ive also ALWAYS said the first time I get kicked out is the last time I come....

You should be asking yourself why you will would have been kicked out or do they kick people out for nowt ? personally I have never seen that happen.

How many is there that do then?

Rummy pre-season i wasnt going to get a season ticket this year because i hate match day experience at Boundary Park that much, i moved stands and saturday i thought wow this is going to be ok, after this article i am seriousley thinking of asking for my money back if i cant sit in the seat i picked.

I will just go to away games and when we play at home go to another game thats on with it be City united stockport Droylsden Stalybridge Rochdale Hyde, i have a choice.

Its not the money i am bothered about its the bloody nanny state thats running our club. ITS FOOTBALL FFS!

You should be asking yourself why you will would have been kicked out or do they kick people out for nowt ? personally I have never seen that happen.

If im asked to stop swearing and I dont.... Thats likely to happen im guessing....

I was asked to sit down by a steward on Saturday.. I was stood in the middle of a section of people stood up. I said im not prepared to sit down unless everyone else does beause I havent paid £20 to look at the backs of peoples heads... He said if I dont I will be kicked out... I said ok... He didnt return... Im guessing I was close to leaving though....

Anyway...my whole point is I think im fairly resonable chap.... I think the day they kick me out it would be unjustified, hence my statement....