• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
If im asked to stop swearing and I dont.... Thats likely to happen im guessing....

I was asked to sit down by a steward on Saturday.. I was stood in the middle of a section of people stood up. I said im not prepared to sit down unless everyone else does beause I havent paid £20 to look at the backs of peoples heads... He said if I dont I will be kicked out... I said ok... He didnt return... Im guessing I was close to leaving though....

Anyway...my whole point is I think im fairly resonable chap.... I think the day they kick me out it would be unjustified, hence my statement....

I believe you are a reasonable chap and have just let your emotions run high on this thread.

Turning your back on the game you clearly love is plain silly :)

I like the "I said ok..." I am afraid I would have said something much stronger :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Has the point of this statement on the website totally flew over your head?

Think Kyle fall's into .........

I believe you are a reasonable chap and have just let your emotions run high on this thread.

Well if my seats covered with mesh and i cant stand up in times of excitment whats the bloody point of going watching a live game at BP?

Yes i agree. It makes me laugh how stewards tell one person in a crowd of say 20 people standing up to sit down. And 9/10 times, they will choose the fan who is largely on their own or with perhaps two other people because they are scared of the reaction from the larger groups. I think it was mentioned in another post how someone was asked to sit down, yet they don't ask the rest.

In the RRE where I sat, which was actually near to the millwall barrier there was no problem with standing. Yeah, people stood up in an exciting part of the match like we all do (even did in the lookers upper and thats saying something!), but people sat down with no relative problems straight after. I can understand the issue with the swearing, especially with young children around.

Personally, I thought saturday was one of the best atmosphere's i have experienced at BP in 15 years of having a season ticket and its been a long time i have come out of the ground buzzing after a game. There was plenty of room in the rest of the RRE where supporters can sit down but did no-one not think the standing etc further added to the atmosphere and the experience though?

Where is Barry "The Voice of the Fans in the Boardroom" Owen?

Surely, he should have been explaining what will and wont work from a Fans point of view. Latics created this problem by demolishing the Lookers, promoting the RRE, not improving the segregation and then only selling season tickets in the blocks nearest the away fans.

Surely, he should have been explaining what will and wont work from a Fans point of view. Latics created this problem by demolishing the Lookers, promoting the RRE, not improving the segregation and then only selling season tickets in the blocks nearest the away fans.

True. As Barry lost his own seat when the Lookers came down, surely he will know how we feel? :unsure:

You mean ex copper Barry... Who stated that he takes his own view point to the board and not the view of the wider fan base.... I wouldnt be surprised if he is fully behind it... Its a mikey mouse postion with no power other than allowing the 3As to show they "listen"...

If the 3As care to hear what people think they only need read the public forums...

Edited by oafc0000

(for frig's sake)...

Fishal

I'm sorry, but I've read and re-read that statement and I fail to see why the club are being out of order here? Certainly not to the extent of causing 7 plus pages of the guff being spouted on this thread.

The club have clearly been advised by the police that if this continues they may end up closing sections of the grounds (as did Sheffield United for similar reasons). In view of our already reduced capacity, this could be financially disastrous.

As for the complaining fans - you may not agree with them complaining (my personal stance on that would have been to move a bit further away from the core) but if they have complained then the club HAVE to be seen to be taking the appropriate steps.

This thread is starting to get seriously funny now.

There are a number of people here who are clearly so indignant with rage that they cannot see the beautiful irony of their ridiculous over-reaction to what they see as a ridiculous over-reaction.

Keep it up. It's a boring day at work and this is keeping me entertained... :laught16:

Think Kyle fall's into .........

You maybe right , the only thing that’s still getting to me is that I have been to nearly every league ground in this country and others over Europe and nowhere I mean nowhere do they have as useless stewards or daft policies or little or no atmosphere as here at Boundary park!

Its maybe because I have high expectations of the club I adore but I HATE it when people do things like the club have done purely as a tick box exercise to keep the authorities happy and have offended their own through doing so.

The club should bat the ball back at the police and Millwall fc, Grow some balls and don't give into everything all the time.

Latics fans were not at fault on Saturday but the club and Millwall FC were!.

Your right though I am not a football hooligan or a bad person I just hate injustice, red tape and being under a Big Brother type regime especially at the bloody football lol

I was asked to sit down by a steward on Saturday.. I was stood in the middle of a section of people stood up. I said im not prepared to sit down unless everyone else does beause I havent paid £20 to look at the backs of peoples heads.

It always seems to be that they target the middle of a group. Why not ask those furthest forward and work back. Why start at the middle?!

Rocket science :wink:

I'm sorry, but I've read and re-read that statement and I fail to see why the club are being out of order here? Certainly not to the extent of causing 7 plus pages of the guff being spouted on this thread.

The club have clearly been advised by the police that if this continues they may end up closing sections of the grounds (as did Sheffield United for similar reasons). In view of our already reduced capacity, this could be financially disastrous.

As for the complaining fans - you may not agree with them complaining (my personal stance on that would have been to move a bit further away from the core) but if they have complained then the club HAVE to be seen to be taking the appropriate steps.

There are two issues which are being muddled Dan. Yes, they ultimately have to do what Dibble tell them - but the main thrust of the article to me was that it was loutish behaviour, and especially swearing, that was the problem, and that by swearing people were endangering the future of the club. That is horse-:censored:, and pretty offensive horse:censored: to people whose great-grandfathers probably learnt their first swear words at the football.

If the 3As care to hear what people think they only need read the public forums...

Not entirely true.

It is true if you want to know what a section of the fans think. One can't possibly base policy or glean fan favour on the views of posting internet Latics fans who only number a dozen or so.

Guest oa_exile
I did put that to one at half time. "Not my section is it" he said. Sure enough he was back in the second half. He was in the block I'd quizzed him about. :lol:

:whoosh:

There are two issues which are being muddled Dan. Yes, they ultimately have to do what Dibble tell them - but the main thrust of the article to me was that it was loutish behaviour, and especially swearing, that was the problem, and that by swearing people were endangering the future of the club. That is horse-:censored:, and pretty offensive horse:censored: to people whose great-grandfathers probably learnt their first swear words at the football.

I was sat in the Chaddy on Sat Andy as I always do, so I can't comment on specifics, but I have to say that based on my experience on Tuesday in the 2nd half at Dale, I can understand where some of those complaints come from. I moved to be sit with my brothers and to be closer to the 'atmosphere' on Tuseday night and there were a large number of people stood around me who were more intent on standing on other people's chairs and posturing and abusing the Rockerdale fans than they were on watching the game.

I'm not compalining about them as such because I knew what to expect, but I can see why some would not wish to be sat close to these types. That said, I think that all fans to have a right to be able to enjoy the 'buzz' of the atmosphere but and be sat in the 'singing sections' without having to listen to some of the stuff that was being spouted around me on Tuesday.

It's a delicate balancing act and it's clear that the club need to do more to address it in a practical sense (i.e. have a family section somewhere to the side of the stand - perhaps in L or A as has been suggested. And I don't belive for one minute that it's not possible to create a great atmosphere if we cut out some of the less savoury antics.

Incidentally, on that note, there was an issue behind where I sit in the Chaddy on Saturday - a group of 'yoofs' in Stone Island gear singing No Surrender and Harry Roberts songs. It's out of order, and they were soon 'told' by some of the older heads in the area. Yes, we'll all sing and shout and swear to a certain extent (some more than others :blush: ), but we all know there is a line that doesn't really need to be crossed when it comes to stuff like that.

Not entirely true.

It is true if you want to know what a section of the fans think. One can't possibly base policy or glean fan favour on the views of posting internet Latics fans who only number a dozen or so.

There are more than dozen....to be fair...and i think the majority opinion usally shows through...but I take your point....

That said...a dozen is better than one mans opinion....

Edited by oafc0000

After looking back I think that this might be just the dibble leaning on the directors coz it got a bit hairy for them with us and the wall fans having a go during the match. I think the TTA area just giving a bit of lip service and making it look like they want us to calm down a bit. All I want to know is what people deem "a little bit of banter" because for me, that was just a bit of banter. The only reason it got a bit silly towards the end is becuase the thick sods from Millwall rose to the bait in their typically over aggressive way, I can't see scenes like that with many of teams bar Udders, Leedscum and the bindippers.

I for one hope every latics fan who was in their on Saturday continue to keep improving the atmosphere like we all did and continue to get more like minded people around us so we can really get behind the team and have a bit of fun in the proccess.

My dad wasn't happy, as he was flattened by the guy to his right who was rushing to taunt the Millwall fans, and he doesn't like standing up too much.

So we moved over to L, weren't distracted from the game by everyone round us, and after being fairly unhappy about the goings-on earlier on, he was enjoying the atmosphere created to our left, laughing at the "Sit Dahn Shat Ap!", while still being able to focus on the game, and we had a great view, without having to stand up! :p

So while I think people need to help stop stuff being thrown between the 2 sets of fans, as well as calm down about the issue, it really is no bother at all to get up and move to the other side if you don't like it.

I suggest that stewards should be told to direct people over to the far right if they complain, and say they can get their season ticket swapped to a new position at the ticket office.

Also, I don't like people stereotyping the older fans as moaners who have less of a right to speak their mind as anyone else, be more understanding if you would please.

=)

Edited by Simpo

My dad wasn't happy, as he was flattened by the guy to his right who was rushing to taunt the Millwall fans, and he doesn't like standing up too much.

So we moved over to L, weren't distracted from the game by everyone round us, and after being fairly unhappy about the goings-on earlier on, he was enjoying the atmosphere created to our left, laughing at the "Sit Dahn Shat Ap!", while still being able to focus on the game, and we had a great view, without having to stand up! :p

So while I think people need to help stop stuff being thrown between the 2 sets of fans, as well as calm down about the issue, it really is no bother at all to get up and move to the other side if you don't like it.

I suggest that stewards should be told to direct people over to the far right if they complain, and say they can get their season ticket swapped to a new position at the ticket office.

Also, I don't like people stereotyping the older fans as moaners who have less of a right to speak their mind as anyone else, be more understanding if you would please.

=)

That really is the solution here isnt it.... The problem is the people making compliants instead of exercising a bit of common sense like your old man did!...

The only people I really symphaise with are the disable people. Again that is easy solved....build raised viewing platforms...seriously how much would that cost?

Edited by oafc0000

That really is the solution here isnt it.... The problem is the people making compliants instead of exercising a bit of common sense like your old man did!...

The only people I really symphaise with are the disable people. Again that is easy solved....build raised viewing platforms...seriously how much would that cost?

You don't even need to make them out of cement, just bang a couple of beer crates under each one of em. Problem Solved.

Glad to see that people read what they wanted to in my post. I was strongly making the point that you should read your own posts as that being self centred hooligans who cared nothing for anyone else was the impression YOU gave in your posts.

I also gave good reasons why people might take up seats in a particular area without thinking what other people might want. Obviously you did not think people might want to sit there for the view so why should they consider you might think differently to them.

I actually thought the statement was well worded and to fail to issue such a statement would have put the club in trouble with the police and the Football League. I was not at the ground as I said so I was not commenting on what happened but your reaction to the statement. I must admit that I would not have sat in the RRE or the Chaddy from choice as I believe both to be very poor for watching football. The Chaddy because it was never made for sitting in and the sight lines are wrong. The RRE because you are either blinded by the sun or horizontal hail. What is clear is that now the club stands to lose money when the likes of Leeds visit.