Looks like ive got a first class banning order coming my way in the weeks to come :)

me too!!!! - this takes the piss really - we try and make an atmosphere at home games for a change & then are told to sit down, behave oursleves & watch our language and not challenge the away fans.

If you don't like being near the singing section, then move further away - its a bloody big stand, an area known for being where you can moan, slag of the players & generally fail to support the team will soon be created, where knowone stands up & blocks your view while you sit in your seat and say such encouraging lines like 'bloody hell eardley, get to him' & 'smalley get of the pitch'

FFS, we really, really do have some absolute tools for fans.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that some people, I've not doubt like the self important fool who felt the need to bleat on at me despite the fact that I'd politely sat down when he asked me to (about 1 minute into the game) act as if they are some sort of shareholder in the club the the club do tend to take note when they complain. The Club need to realise that my money is as good as his - yes, the police have their requirements, we've all needed to be told to sit down once in a while, and clearly there needs to be something done about the safety aspect with away fans so close, but it's crazy to expect those of us who like more of an atmosphere to sit on our hands for their sake. Presumably those people were unhappy further to the left, I would have preferred to be further over that way, it's hardly rocket science. As it stands the tail is wagging the dog and everyone is the loser.

Edited by leeslover

Hang on a minute is it just me that finds the tone of that drivel on the fishal site extremely patronising? :angry:

I did sit next to the Millwall fans and when the banter started there were a few that left,

BUT what the hell were you thinking of sitting your children next to Millwall fans in the first place?

Also the OAP’s that left also giving us a discerning look, hold up chaps I am being spat on and threatened exactly what do they expect me to do?

I know the ones who will have complained and its absolute sh!te!

Myself and three others bought and reserved our season tickets next to the away fans because we wanted banter and atmosphere.

We also thought any decent football wise parent wouldn’t sit their beloved children next to the likes of Millwall, leeds and Leicester, yet come match day the odd swear word upsets dad of the year and he takes his child elsewhere, If this is the point where I should care, I hate to say it TTA I don’t!

If you don’t want fans to sing, chant swear (within reason) then give me and my mates our season ticket money back and we will go elsewhere, either that our use your superior marketing and commercial superpowers and create a family area in the bottom left of the chaddy where its quiet.

Also I didn’t see these moaning OAP’s and Parents at games like Bristol away on a Tuesday night last year or any other away game come to think of it.

Its time to realise it’s a football club you own and the best customers are the full price paying away travelling merchandise buying idiots like me, and if I am not good enough to grace your stands stuff your season ticket up your ar5se and I am also not prepared to be blamed for an extremely shoddy stand with poor views for the disabled. I only stood up when we scored or looked like we were I hardly did it on purpose.

P.S If I get kicked out for swearing as a fan does that mean when Eardley swears in front of me we can kick him out too? He’s a foul mouthed little cretin at times lol

The problem is that some people, I've not doubt like the self important fool who felt the need to bleat on at me dispite the fact that I'd politely sat down when he asked me to (about 1 minute into the game) act as if they are some sort of shareholder in the club the the club do tend to take note when they complain. The Club need to realise that my money is as good as his - yes, the police have their requirements, we've all needed to be told to sit down once in a while, and clearly there needs to be something done about the safety aspect with away fans so close, but it's crazy to expect those of us who like more of an atmosphere to sit on our hands for their sake. Presumably those people were unhappy further to the left, I would have preferred to be further over that way, it's hardly rocket science. As it stands the tail is wagging the dog and everyone is the loser.

i wonder just how many of these moaning fans actually complained about the millwall fans behavior????

whilst it does seem to be a little heavy handed and one sided the simple fact is it is health and safety....and if the club dont sort it out we could be subjected to the rre closing for home games.....might seem a bit extreme but where a club like united get away with it,we wouldnt....

i think the club could and should have done a little more in the close season to accomodate familys more in other parts of the ground,or mabe down one of the paddocks....they new the stand was coming down,they new it was the family section yet jusy tried to get everyone to go into the rre.....the chaddy end last few seasons has had its fair share of people standing up......and sometimes it can be annoying if your at the back of it,but thats football,i certainly wouldnt complain about it.....

Are the directors being serious? More people came out of the game on Saturday buzzing and saying that it was the best atmosphere at Boundary Park in the last 10 years. I know for a fact that if the club wants to get more people into the ground they need more passion, banter and atmosphere like that against Millwall. If they want a stale, prawn sandwich eating fanbase then count me out of it!

As for standing in front of disabled fans (which I don't agree with) I think it's the clubs duty to locate them to somewhere where they wouldn't have their view blocked. I find it laughable that the club needed to tell us that disabled fans dont have the choice of standing up - err we know.

As for swearing and parents leaving with their children, don't come to football with your children and sit in the block next to the pleasant Millwall fans! I mean how stupid can you be? It's like the old boys who constantly complain about people standing up in front of you yet they always seem to sit at the back behind a group of young lads who sing at get behind the team.

The club are always quick to praise the fans and say we are the '12th man' yet if you get rid of the standing and swearing then there will be no backing of the team just constant moaning and groaning which the club also complain about!

Oh and Mr Hardy can you please define 'a bit of banter' because if you want us to behave in a mannor which suits you I would like to know how to.

Edited by oafckev

as usual this club never fail to amaze me had exactly the same problem during joe royles era can remeber many a game where big joe would exhort us to get behind the team as we were quite the game before then we would spend the game being told to sit down & shut up and be under threat of ejection from our own stewareds all game meanwhile fans of whom ever the oppo were could merrily roar there team along un hindered typical oldham im affraid nothing supprises me anymore

Also if one of the complainers is the chap that physically assaulted a lad in front of him for persistent standing that wasn’t his fault then the club should investigate his complaint and take further action and then prosecute him for assault on a minor.

He was on row W nearest the away fans and complained about the section stood up in front of him and this lad all of 16 directly in front explained its not his fault as others in front were stood up and he himself couldn’t see.

Minutes later Mr angry who I think did have a child with him grabbed the young lad in front by the scruff of his neck and tried to drag/push him to the floor.

At this point I asked Mr angry would he have done that to me or someone his own size, at this point age concern up and left so if the club are looking for somebody to blame, blame angry dad with specs row W numbers 110+ base ball cap medium build obnoxious attitude and kid in toe goes by the name of Tw@t!

Are the directors being serious? More people came out of the game on Saturday buzzing and saying that it was the best atmosphere at Boundary Park in the last 10 years. I know for a fact that if the club wants to get more people into the ground they need more passion, banter and atmosphere like that against Millwall. If they want a stale, prawn sandwich eating fanbase then count me out of it!

As for standing in front of disabled fans (which I don't agree with) I think it's the clubs duty to locate them to somewhere where they wouldn't have their view blocked. I find it laughable that the club needed to tell us that disabled fans dont have the choice of standing up - err we know.

As for swearing and parents leaving with their children, don't come to football with your children and sit in the block next to the pleasant Millwall fans! I mean how stupid can you be? It's like the old boys who constantly complain about people standing up in front of you yet they always seem to sit at the back behind a group of young lads who sing at get behind the team.

The club are always quick to praise the fans and say we are the '12th man' yet if you get rid of the standing and swearing then there will be no backing of the team just constant moaning and groaning which the club also complain about!

Oh and Mr Hardy can you please define 'a bit of banter' because if you want us to behave in a mannor which suits you I would like to know how to.

I am a first time season ticket holder this season with my young lad and i must admit to being a bit concerned before the match on Saturday about where our seats would be and if the problem of people standing up in front all the time. Have to say it went far better than i could have wished for. The view we had was excellent in section t and didnt experience any problems with anyone standing up - yes people stood up after we scored and exciting periods but quickly sat back down without any fuss. Also i have been to many matches over the years in the other stands but i have to admit the atmosphere in r.r.e. was one of the best i have ever known at boundary park.

I dont feel any changes need to be made in the r.r.e but i think people shouldnt forget about the kids as surely they are the next generation of latics fans that we want to encourage to watch oldham on a regular basis rather than growing up supporting man.u and city

Edited by oldhamfan

My group arent best pleased with the clubs comments today.... One guy pritty much said it aint worth the money or effort anymore! Pay 20 vitial pounds to your struggling club to get treated like a naughty school child and the get told your the sought they dont want ? I found it hard to disagree with him!

Our group is about 5 to 6 strong and we go pritty much every home game. Thats £120 a game. And we are the very fans the club no longer seem to want...

Fine Mr Corney... If you think the club can do without our £120 because you have this unrealstic dream of finding enough families willing to come to take up the short fall your welcome to do so...

Always felt like it was my "duty" to go to latics every week and pay my due's... After all if I didnt then who would ?? Apparently the club have legions of families ready to take up the slack... So me and my friends will sail off into the sunset and let you and your families enjoy this new found mecca you have discovered...

Cutting your nose off to spite your face come to mind.... Do you really think all these cotton wool kids are going to keep coming back time and time again for the football the club is dishing up ? I know it wasnt what has kept me coming back for the best part of the last 24 years!!

Edited by oafc0000

Here we go again Latics trying to sell themselves as a 'family club', for any club to be a success it needs to have a diverse supporters base. The other week when I went to buy Eintract Frankfurt tickets they were stating which sort of supporter should sit/stand where. I know the Germans are known for being orgainised but surely something like this at BP wouldnt be too difficult?

Also I work as a milkman I have a customer base to look after and I just wish sometimes my bosses would listen to the people who had positive things to say about myself, but unforutnatly the only customers that make themselves heard are the disatisfied ones. We need to be writing letters to the club stating how good the atmosphere was on Saturday because at the end of the day if we dont let the club now how we feel we wont get heard.

My group arent best pleased with the clubs comments today.... One guy pritty much said it aint worth the money or effort anymore! Pay 20 vitial pounds to your struggling club to get treated like a naughty school child and the get told your the sought they dont want ? I found it hard to disagree with him!

Our group is about 5 to 6 strong and we go pritty much every home game. Thats £120 a game. And we are the very fans the club no longer seem to want...

Oafc0000 There’s 4 of us in the same position and one without a season ticket.

We all go to all the away games, reserve games, anything we can really to support the team.

We go for banter and atmosphere etc and I find this statement from the club extremely patronising and uncalled for.

My mates son is only 3 and is latics mad he didnt take him to mill wall for obvious reasons.

Instead he had the day off work and we went down to chapel road with him to see his heroes train.

Hughesy and Taylor signed his shirt and Sheridan kicked a ball with him etc

The players and staff were fantastic, my point is me and my mates don’t look the sort to engage families into football and the clubs statement really is aimed at the likes of us (swearing banter)

But the thing is we are all for kids at football of course I am but please don’t moan to me if your not sat in the family stand and your worried about a few choice words.

I got my ticket next to the moat thinking only others like me would be sat there I didn’t expect victor Meldrew or a young family sat next to mill wall in all honesty.

The club has got this completely wrong,

They should have said nothing until we played Cheltenham, then they would have seen that Millwall had a deciding factor in peoples concerns and if it was to be still a problem then fair enough Mr Hardy could get on his soap box but this stinks!

Does anyone know if there's any possibility of getting money back for season tickets? This is farcical.

Maybe the club could do something themselves for once rather than moaning about the inevitable.

How's about creating a new family stand away from the away fans!?!?......

Each participating club has signed up to the Enjoy the Match code of conduct and will be showing this within their family area.

This trash coming from the club today is utter bollocks, if the club does not like the fans standing and voicing their opinions then we should have a one game silence. It was alright for us fans who want to voice an opinion to go on last seasons march for the cause of O.A.F.C and the T.T.A.

Anybody who does not want to be part of the singing group or would like to sit in silence then there are loads of spaces available in the chaddy now.

Guest oa_exile
How's about creating a new family stand away from the away fans!?!?......

Agree , How about putting aside some of Block L of RRE ?

Edited by oa_exile

It's a giant cock up, What do the club expect? Push some of the chaddy over to the RRE as well as the old family standers in the lookers and expect them all to sit quietly and not get excited next to the away fans....especially dirty buggers like millwall! It's just not possible to stay in your seat all game and not respond to provocation from away fans and on the pitch events - if ANYONE can sit still in a football game, then it's either a crap game or they're not interested in the game! Would've been better to be a bit more organised.

Fair point, kids and parents don't need to hear swearing and banter, but they'd get it over the gap from the away fans anyhow, so we might as well respond!

i was going to start a (to me) comical thread this morning, about how this season is worse than last cos last was P2 W2 D0 L0 F6 A2 yet this season was (excluding pens) P2 W2 D0 L0 F4 A3. somehow this has been stolen from me and i further refuse to speculate how.

Whoever as written that article on the OS should be ashamed of themselves, as should any fan who complained about bad language. I can't be a***d explaining my points, as 90% of our fans know its ridiculous.

Any parent who took their kids into the rocky on sat and wasn't expecting bad language is a complete moron - and if they complained i have news for them - swear words are part and parcel of society - worry about things worth worrying about!

Obviously the Wheelchair section needs looking at, but if people sat in wheelchairs can't see when people stand up, alterations need making, trying to make people sit down is not a solution that will work, and is unfair to the paying customer who sits in a wheelchair.

I'm really p****d off about this article, as you can probably tell.

I got my ticket next to the moat thinking only others like me would be sat there I didn’t expect victor Meldrew or a young family sat next to mill wall in all honesty.

Exactly .... what do they expect picking seats next to the away fans. Do they not realise the singers / banter will be all around this area and therefore a chance they will stand up more oftern than not...

Yet look at the pictures from the Millwall game there was still over half of the stand empty for them to move to.

The comparison of the experience of home to away games is getting wider and wider ... which is a shame as it'll be the other clubs in this league who will be getting my money as I simply can't see me paying / putting in all the hours I do much longer for home matches as I simply do not enjoy them.

Bet they already have their letters written when we all get moved into the small section for a few games ........ someone I'm sure a few will stay that the club never warned them it may happen.

The comparison of the experience of home to away games is getting wider and wider ... which is a shame as it'll be the other clubs in this league who will be getting my money as I simply can't see me paying / putting in all the hours I do much longer for home matches as I simply do not enjoy them.

Exactly, I don't think the club realise we are the paying customers and if they don't keep us happy then as much as we love the club we won't turn up at weekends.

I work 6 days a week with my stress levels building throughout and as I can't take it out at work, I like to release them onto some poor official on a Saturday afternoon. It's been the same for most men since football begin and is partly the reason why it was a working class mans game. Now with the Middle class family entertainment which is the Premiership taking over you'd think lower league clubs would aim to entice the working man back to football but according to this statement today were not welcome anymore. No wonder so many sit in the pub on a weekend is it!

I like the idea of Block L as the family area. Obviously we have to have a family section and I wouldnt condone swearing or standing in that area but away from there the club has to understand the type of people coming through the gates at 3pm Saturday.

Exactly .... what do they expect picking seats next to the away fans. Do they not realise the singers / banter will be all around this area and therefore a chance they will stand up more oftern than not...

Yet look at the pictures from the Millwall game there was still over half of the stand empty for them to move to.

Bet they already have their letters written when we all get moved into the small section for a few games ........ someone I'm sure a few will stay that the club never warned them it may happen.

Mark,

Honestly this year I was thinking about not going to home games because the atmosphere is that bad at Boundary Park .

I was Just going to attend away fixtures.

I moved my ST from chaddy to Rocky in the vain hope of being next to away fans might create an atmosphere.

We all went away on sat buzzing! best home game in ages etc Now after this article I really do feel despondent about the way this club treats its fans.

I want an apology from hardy, he was here when the rocky was built he knows the disabled view is Pee poor and he’s looking for a scapegoat for his poor organisation in no designated family section and poor information and structure in moving fans from the lookers over etc.

I want an apology from hardy, he was here when the rocky was built he knows the disabled view is Pee poor and he’s looking for a scapegoat for his poor organisation in no designated family section and poor information and structure in moving fans from the lookers over etc.

Couldn't agree more with that!