Hang on a minute is it just me that finds the tone of that drivel on the fishal site extremely patronising? :angry:

I did sit next to the Millwall fans and when the banter started there were a few that left,

BUT what the hell were you thinking of sitting your children next to Millwall fans in the first place?

Also the OAP’s that left also giving us a discerning look, hold up chaps I am being spat on and threatened exactly what do they expect me to do?

I know the ones who will have complained and its absolute sh!te!

Myself and three others bought and reserved our season tickets next to the away fans because we wanted banter and atmosphere.

We also thought any decent football wise parent wouldn’t sit their beloved children next to the likes of Millwall, leeds and Leicester, yet come match day the odd swear word upsets dad of the year and he takes his child elsewhere, If this is the point where I should care, I hate to say it TTA I don’t!

If you don’t want fans to sing, chant swear (within reason) then give me and my mates our season ticket money back and we will go elsewhere, either that our use your superior marketing and commercial superpowers and create a family area in the bottom left of the chaddy where its quiet.

Also I didn’t see these moaning OAP’s and Parents at games like Bristol away on a Tuesday night last year or any other away game come to think of it.

Its time to realise it’s a football club you own and the best customers are the full price paying away travelling merchandise buying idiots like me, and if I am not good enough to grace your stands stuff your season ticket up your ar5se and I am also not prepared to be blamed for an extremely shoddy stand with poor views for the disabled. I only stood up when we scored or looked like we were I hardly did it on purpose.

P.S If I get kicked out for swearing as a fan does that mean when Eardley swears in front of me we can kick him out too? He’s a foul mouthed little cretin at times lol

Not read all the way down yet

I don't condone over excessive and uneccesary vitriolic swearing, and there is a time and a place for it. And the animosity/hatred built up at times over a football match is sometimes beyond me, but exactly as you say why take your kids (or yourself) to that stand if you or they are easily offended and agaisnt Millwall of all teams? Quite incredible.

I have to say that is the best post I have seen you write Kyle, articulate, spot on and a winning arguemnt. The Eardley comment at the end really makes the point in a great way. I agree with every single point.

I think the club has worded this completely incorrectly, even if they have to take an official stance and be seen to respond to the police.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not read all the way down yet

I don't condone over excessive and uneccesary vitriolic swearing, and there is a time and a place for it. And the animosity/hatred built up at times over a football match is sometimes beyond me, but exactly as you say why take your kids (or yourself) to that stand if you or they are easily offended and agaisnt Millwall of all teams? Quite incredible.

I have to say that is the best post I have seen you write Kyle, articulate, spot on and a winning arguemnt. The Eardley comment at the end really makes the point in a great way. I agree with every single point.

I think the club has worded this completely incorrectly, even if they have to take an official stance and be seen to respond to the police.

Sorry About that Singe somebody had my log in.

What have i missed? :lol:

The club are right about this, it's against the law to stand in a football ground, that ain't gonna change and it will cause the club a lot of problems, some of the actions on Saturday were way out of line.

I don't know about anyone else but i've been brought up not to swear infront of women and children wherever I am.

:lol:

Normal service will be resumed I assume !!!!

Lol I have calmed down now after annoying the whole house with my ranting and mumblings of discontent. :angry:

Just looking forward to Saturday now, I wonder if Leeds fans get the same family club patronising Bull? Me thinks not lol

^_^

"Already, after Saturday's game, the police have asked us to introduce more segregation measures for future games which will result in the capacity of the stadium being reduced and subsequently reducing the club's revenue potential."

"If these problems continue over the next couple of games the police will enforce even more restrictions on the club which is likely to result in higher police charges or even closure of certain parts of the ground."

Sounds like the licencing body/Police is threatening the club along the lines of put messages out asking supporters "to behave" as per the terms of your licence or we will act and you know the consequences on the basis that it will have more impact coming from the club. It happens at other clubs including at trafford ball park.

In view of the issues raised by the authorities/the club. In view of the link between OWTB and the club why cant we use this thread to come up with sensible solutions (instead of just moaning) that the mods can put to the club. It may be some could be introduced immediately whilst others may have to wait for next season.

You cant please all of the people all of the time, or in the case of latics fans, you cant please any of the people any of the time :disappointed:

I thought the atmosphere on Saturday in the RRE was one the best at BP for ages! Don't condone excessive swearing, etc but the Club have got this all wrong.

I wonder what Sheridan thinks after his comments about the great atmoshpere!

Just caught a glimpse of the Liege v Liverpool match. I couldn't believe my eyes all the Liege fans are standing and bouncing around! I sincerely hope their club issues a stern warning about their behavoir on their offical site tomorrow. Very unlikely!

Edited by worthingblue

The club are right about this, it's against the law to stand in a football ground, that ain't gonna change and it will cause the club a lot of problems, some of the actions on Saturday were way out of line.

I don't know about anyone else but i've been brought up not to swear infront of women and children wherever I am.

ITS NOT GOING TO WORK SENOR COCONUT!!!!! :grin:

I REFUSE TO BE HOOKED!!!

ITS NOT GOING TO WORK SENOR COCONUT!!!!! :grin:

I REFUSE TO BE HOOKED!!!

I know he is perfectic isnt he... I would love to know what he really thought about stuff instead of the fishing exercise he puts forward on a daily basis... No doubt someone will bite and give him what he wants....

"Already, after Saturday's game, the police have asked us to introduce more segregation measures for future games which will result in the capacity of the stadium being reduced and subsequently reducing the club's revenue potential."

"If these problems continue over the next couple of games the police will enforce even more restrictions on the club which is likely to result in higher police charges or even closure of certain parts of the ground."

Sounds like the licencing body/Police is threatening the club along the lines of put messages out asking supporters "to behave" as per the terms of your licence or we will act and you know the consequences on the basis that it will have more impact coming from the club. It happens at other clubs including at trafford ball park.

In view of the issues raised by the authorities/the club. In view of the link between OWTB and the club why cant we use this thread to come up with sensible solutions (instead of just moaning) that the mods can put to the club. It may be some could be introduced immediately whilst others may have to wait for next season.

You cant please all of the people all of the time, or in the case of latics fans, you cant please any of the people any of the time :disappointed:

I know where your going but why should I suggest things that are obvious and do Hardys Job for him?

Hes had all pre season to sort this, surely he's been in football long enough to know the reputations of Millwall and the basics of crowd segregation and family sections etc.

Pay me his money call me d!ck and I will sort it out. lol :grin:

My mate who was on duty with the police blamed Millwall fans behaviour so why are we paying the price, don’t believe the bull fight the power we are right on this one. lol

Totally agree ... but there as to be a balance, ie tell the away fans to do the same. Me and you had to put up with the heavy handed stewarding of home fans all last year in the paddock whilst the away fans got away with murder ... well apart from teams like yeovil, Cheltenham without no 'element' of danger for the stewards.

There will be a little standing and banter next to the away fans, people want to sing and the club now should say that in such a section expect singers / banter so don't sit there if don't like it. But it won't happen ..... as this would only created more complaints.

... but to be honest it was getting a little sick of the standing and was thinking of moving at HT, especially as those standing around me seemed to be more interested in the Millwall fans than the game.

P.S. sure the drummer will also be moved by the club .... and to be honest it did seem to work well expect it's bloody well com on oldham for corners!!!!

my views, then im going. it amuses me that these views can be tongue in cheek.

i. tape off I section.

ii. fill moat with water.

iii. ignore evolution.

iv. family section in chaddy end.

v. issue balloons to fans in rochdale road.

vi. rename rochdale road incase swansea youth look for fight with rochdale youth.

vii. fit smoke detectors in toilets. subtext rename toilets lavatories.

viii. issue appeal for passion appeal to fans better nature and subconciously tell them to do everything but nothing. subtext 'be evasive on paper'

viiii. get new roman clock. outlaw use of numerals. frown.

A lot of this is because it was Millwall, and apart from Leeds it was probably as 'volatile' atmosphere as we'll get at BP this year.

It will be all smiles and politeness when Cheltenham's army of 120 turn up next week.

I think someone needs to send the comments on this thread to the club as nearly everyone on this thread has said what a bad piece of PR this is from the club. The club needs to decide which fans it wants to please the most the ones who sing, scream and usually stand at games (more often than not home and away) or the ones who are just there to watch the football, who might get involved in some clapping and rarely go away. If we are the 12th man and are to get behind the team let us do it in our own way. Almost all of us are generally law abiding people and won't set out to cause trouble but it seems the club at intent on branding us as trouble makers. I for one don't want a criminal record as it would mean that I would be unemployable in the job I want and if I think I will get a criminal record by going to Latics and acting in the way I usually behave I will stop going it is not worth the hassle. The club are happy to put pictures of fans standing and singing/screaming on their website as if saying look how much our fans get behind our team but after a few complaints, which is mainly of the clubs doing by being badly organised, for it to then release such a statement on the same website is tantamount to spitting in our faces. Plus all the times the manager and the players have said how good the support is and sometimes mention how this suuport played a part in getting a better result but after the home game with one of the best home atmospheres in recent years. For the club to then say this says to me we don't care what our players and manager like nor the results we get but we do care about the people too bloody minded to move when they were in amongst the singers says far too much. Not only this (and I stand to be corrected here) but the club a few months ago were happy to announce that the drummer was to be in RRE and all that publicity now correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he at the back of the stand and stood up (I'm certain he was stood up as it would be very hard for him to sit down with his drum). It is not a huge stretch of the imagination for the club's fortunes to go rapidly downhill when the a lot singers decide to leave because of the :censored: the club has come out with. Then those complainers go elsewhere as we are playing non-league football and that leaves you with a :censored: team and :censored: all fans.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for bringing families to the club and keeping those that have supported the team for years but now just want to watch some football (and don't want to sing/stand) but if this is you it frankly speaks volumes about your lack of intelligence for you to have seats nearest the away fans where 'banter' and standing up are going to be at their worse. We have 3 stands for a reason and there are only 2/3 blocks out of 18 where this is going to be a problem why don't you sit somewhere else and I'd imagine the view from the main stand (which I found to be very very quiet compared to the Broadway stand) is a lot better than the view from the RRE, but if money is an issue then why not choose a different block in the RRE as it was quite clearly not full on Saturday.

I know where your going but why should I suggest things that are obvious and do Hardys Job for him?

Hes had all pre season to sort this, surely he's been in football long enough to know the reputations of Millwall and the basics of crowd segregation and family sections etc.

Pay me his money call me d!ck and I will sort it out. lol :grin:

My mate who was on duty with the police blamed Millwall fans behaviour so why are we paying the price, don’t believe the bull fight the power we are right on this one. lol

I think you should be paid Hardys money you dick :grin:

I also thought that Saturday was the best atmosphere we have had at BP for many a year and resulted from the decision to give us the large section fo the RRE. Having seen Saturdays events from the Chaddy End and the comments on here since (and not just on this thread) I would think with hindsight, the club would have been better selling season tickets only in blocks "A" and "T" instead of "T" and "I." This would have given them better segregation options and avoided the unnesessary closeness of the fans on Saturday without stopping the "banter." That for me is a hindsight issue. I think that initially the club probably wanted to get our fans as close behind the goal as possible and in view of the fact that we have had this stand segregated like it is since it was built and there is no real history of trouble including when we were in the premiership the decision was taken on that basis.

I also dont think the fact that we had Millwall first game did us any favours as the authorities are using the "issues" as an excuse to clamp down and show who is in charge. If we had a couple of quiet games first up i.e Cheltenham, Swindon we probably would not be seeing this reaction.

I'm sure that over the next few games things will settle down as people get to know the stand and where everyone sits and those most upset will request relocating within the stand/to another stand and the club will accomadate them. Looks like more work for the under fire office staff :wink:

Is there any way of this thread being forwarded to someone at the club. At least that the way the majority will be heard (or read) for once, rather than the moaning minority, who always seem to get their say...

this is, fishally, the unofishal club board.

I'm surprised by this, I'm sure the away fans used to rate it's wheelchair facilities as among the best? Maybe the proper spots are in the small section? Doubt any Millwall fans in chairs saw a lot in that case.

The viewing position for wheelchair users is the same in both the large and small sections of the RRE. The positives for disabled fans are very good car parking behind the stand and easy access to the refreshment area and toilets. At present the only other option for wheelchair users is the Chaddy road end and this view is not fantastic, is exposed to the weather and I am told that no toilets are available now that the Lookers has bit the dust. My friend said to me at the Millwall game that this season was going to be terrible if this game was anything to go off because at the end of the day we all want to be able to watch the game and we missed many exciting parts of the game due to people standing. I dont really blame the fans for standing to be honest because it only takes a few to stand and everyone else has to join in to keep watching the game.