The viewing position for wheelchair users is the same in both the large and small sections of the RRE. The positives for disabled fans are very good car parking behind the stand and easy access to the refreshment area and toilets. At present the only other option for wheelchair users is the Chaddy road end and this view is not fantastic, is exposed to the weather and I am told that no toilets are available now that the Lookers has bit the dust. My friend said to me at the Millwall game that this season was going to be terrible if this game was anything to go off because at the end of the day we all want to be able to watch the game and we missed many exciting parts of the game due to people standing. I dont really blame the fans for standing to be honest because it only takes a few to stand and everyone else has to join in to keep watching the game.

This sounds like a big problem for the club at the moment with a 3 sided ground our disabled facilities are poor I hope that this won't be the case with the new stand and that it boasts first class disabled facilities not only that but we need to consider disabled facilities for away fans particularly in the RRE if we intend to continue using this as an away stand their will be many teams who will come to BP and have all their fans stood up e.g. Leeds. Hopefully this will be thought of when the developments take place.

As for the people moaning about standing and swearing at the seats closest to the away fans :laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16:

If you don't like it perhaps you could go to Old Trafford or the COM and buy seats right next to the away fans. oh I forgot at every ground in the country their tends to be standing and swearing and taunting going on where home and away fans are closest.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching Latics since the early sixties and although I couldn't attend on Saturday I can imagine what it was like in the RRE.

The language arguement just doesn't wash as it was just as bad 40years ago...it's was a working mans pastime in those days and that was when you didn't swear in front of women and children.

I still don't swear if families are around but it's a fact that society has changed and right or wrong swearing is now common place. At the end of the day they are only words and you would struggle to find any parts of the ground that are free from swearing.

You can protect your children all you want but at the end of the day when they are older they may or may not be offended by it and will decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong.

As has been said the visit of Millwall is not the best opening game for obvious reasons but for god's sake why would you take your young children to watch football sat so close to the away supporters.

If you were genuinely offended by bad language then you wouldn't go to another football match in your life!!!!!!!

but for god's sake why would you take your young children to watch football sat so close to the away supporters.

If you were genuinely offended by bad language then you wouldn't go to another football match in your life!!!!!!!

I think some people are actually this stupid though. I think after 2 games at BP i could have told you that people will definitely stand, sing and swear to the right of the goal in the Chaddy and by the away fans.

Some one was on here moaning that people were stood up in front of them in their new season ticket seats in the Chaddy to the right of the goal after the Millwall game. FFS man why would you pick seats behind the one part of the ground where the home fans have traditionally stood up during matches for the last 15 or so years probably more!! Its not rocket science if you want to find a seat not behind people stood up, its not like we sell out every week!

As for the swearing its a football match, if the club wants to promote a family atmosphere, designate a section as a bloody family stand. Again not rocket science. Don't have a go at the fans. As some have stated earlier on, home games are starting to become a bore, why would the club alienate those who want to get behind the team, there is plenty of room at BP for everyone to enjoy the game how they like, it just takes a bit of common sense from the club, and certain fans when choosing where people or they sit.

On a side note, I can completely understand the concerns of those in wheelchairs not being able to see, my brother is disabled and often uses one, luckily we can walk him to his seat to watch the game. Obviously not everyone can do this. I think again it is something the club should have put more thought into before the season started, rather than blaming certain fans for their behaviour.

Maybe a silly idea, but how about those of us who like to get behind the team choose a game to sit in complete silence, let the moaners get their way for once and show them exactly how dire a saturday at BP can be if they dont like our kind of fan there!

Edited by wozz_oafc

Woke up this morning just as angry about that arcticle on the site..... :angry:

Snap, this has really pissed me off. I'm fuming about it. I just don't understand why the club have released this statement at all. It's a fooking joke in my opinion.

I just ask myself why I bother. Let's cater for all the moaning old gits who just sit there with their arms folded complaining at someone or something but forget the fans who want to get an atmosphere going and give some support to the team. I was full of praise of the club after Saturday saying it was great that we can all sit in the RRE and have a sing song and a bit of banter with the away fans. Makes the whole experience more FUN which is the reason why I go to football.

Load of bollocks this and i'd like one of the directors to come on here and explain what "a bit of banter is". Just so i know in future....

As other people have said i will try to not block the view of fans in the disabled areas but as far as I'm concerned i will be trying to continue to promote the atmosphere like the one we had at home to the wall and if the club don't like it then i'll not bother with home games and go to all the away games, fook em.

Can I just ask the ever so prissy Garcon and Senor Coconob if they ever break the law?

I mean do you ever park the car where you shouldn't, do 31 in a 30 zone, steal a pen from Argos, you get the idea?

Cos that'd be illegal, and golly gosh we shouldn't do illegal things should we, I know why don't you guys lay on buns, cakes and lashings of jolly ginger beer so everybody can have a smashing time next home game?

I can't believe people walked out because of swearing, I can believe they complained to the club, I bet there are a tiny minority of them and will be the sort of twee person who thinks that swearing is in some way a lack of education or verbal interest and quite honestly are :censored:ing lunatic.

From my view in the Chaddy there were acres of empty seats, just move you deeply sad people.

Can I also add that the response from Hardy, and it will be him behind it, is typically bonkers and over the top. I said to me Dad on Saturday about the obvious heavy handed tactics of stewards on Latics fans and why was nothing being done about Millwall? Obviously even with mass backup from GMP are still the same gutless spineless :censored:s they've always been.

Several years back there was a similar invective from the club about racist remarks and that any culprit making such remarks would be ejected. So next game some knob stands up in the middle of a block of herberts in the Chaddy and sings "stand up if you hate Pakis" 4 or 5 stewards witnessed this and the only action taken was to smirk! I mailed Hardy, nothing to do with me I'll pass it on he replied. So then Chief Steward replies, it never happened, he lied. He had the gall to tell me I was mistaken!

Why did I bother to complain? Well a few rows in front of me there was a wee boy with his Dad, obviously his first game ever. Mum had obviously packed his rucksack up and as he sat excitedly eating his crisps he took out one of those tiny cans of pop. Did the stewards react? Oh yes very heavy handedly, result one sobbing little lad and angry father. I asked why they could be "roughed up" by the yellow coated ones, yet the gob:censored:e in the middle of all the herberts escapes rebuke. Guess what the second incident never happened either.

That was the answer, I was lying, making it up and ok it was before TTA, but Hardy is still here and many of the stewards too, particularly those that strut about with walkie talkies. Its got nowt to do with owt except that I expect you chaps in the RRE will be on a hiding to nothing all season.

:censored:e thoughtless statement from the club, if you want a happy clappy backy slappy family club just say so change the name of the ground to Enid Blyton Park and the rest of us can all :censored: off now.

Can I just ask the ever so prissy Garcon and Senor Coconob if they ever break the law?

I mean do you ever park the car where you shouldn't, do 31 in a 30 zone, steal a pen from Argos, you get the idea?

Cos that'd be illegal, and golly gosh we shouldn't do illegal things should we, I know why don't you guys lay on buns, cakes and lashings of jolly ginger beer so everybody can have a smashing time next home game?

I can't believe people walked out because of swearing, I can believe they complained to the club, I bet there are a tiny minority of them and will be the sort of twee person who thinks that swearing is in some way a lack of education or verbal interest and quite honestly are :censored:ing lunatic.

From my view in the Chaddy there were acres of empty seats, just move you deeply sad people.

Can I also add that the response from Hardy, and it will be him behind it, is typically bonkers and over the top. I said to me Dad on Saturday about the obvious heavy handed tactics of stewards on Latics fans and why was nothing being done about Millwall? Obviously even with mass backup from GMP are still the same gutless spineless :censored:s they've always been.

Several years back there was a similar invective from the club about racist remarks and that any culprit making such remarks would be ejected. So next game some knob stands up in the middle of a block of herberts in the Chaddy and sings "stand up if you hate Pakis" 4 or 5 stewards witnessed this and the only action taken was to smirk! I mailed Hardy, nothing to do with me I'll pass it on he replied. So then Chief Steward replies, it never happened, he lied. He had the gall to tell me I was mistaken!

Why did I bother to complain? Well a few rows in front of me there was a wee boy with his Dad, obviously his first game ever. Mum had obviously packed his rucksack up and as he sat excitedly eating his crisps he took out one of those tiny cans of pop. Did the stewards react? Oh yes very heavy handedly, result one sobbing little lad and angry father. I asked why they could be "roughed up" by the yellow coated ones, yet the gob:censored:e in the middle of all the herberts escapes rebuke. Guess what the second incident never happened either.

That was the answer, I was lying, making it up and ok it was before TTA, but Hardy is still here and many of the stewards too, particularly those that strut about with walkie talkies. Its got nowt to do with owt except that I expect you chaps in the RRE will be on a hiding to nothing all season.

:censored:e thoughtless statement from the club, if you want a happy clappy backy slappy family club just say so change the name of the ground to Enid Blyton Park and the rest of us can all :censored: off now.

:applause1:

Great post stipe, well said sir.

Don't think I've ever been called prissy before... :laught16:

TTA probably could have worded it better, but I still support the basis of what they're saying.

Unless there's a big shift of people, the RRE has to accommodate fans who've come from two very different stands this season - the Chaddy, and the Lookers (Upper especially).

I know the temptation is just to push back at the whingeing oldies who don't like yound rowdy fans standing up and swearing... but the truth is there is going to need to be some compromise. From both sides. (And before anyone else says it, I know very well that those who've complained are likely to be the most stubborn).

I think it's a shame that so many evidently complained after the very first game - especially given who it was against. Anyone with a degree of common sense and willingness to compromise even just a little would have waited a game or two to see how things settle down.

On the flip side, those who want to stand need to have a little consideration for the people sat behind them, and if people are going to insist on standing for long periods of the game then they can expect ejections. As I've already said, this isn't just the club being awkward - it's the law, and it doesn't matter one iota whether you like it or not.

Bravo Tripe, sums it all up really.

Dont get me started on Alan Hardy but I really think that the only good bit of work Chris Moore ever did was getting shot.

If you honestly think that, you really are a complete ****** .......... oh what's the point.

Edited by garcon

Bravo Tripe, sums it all up really.

Dont get me started on Alan Hardy but I really think that the only good bit of work Chris Moore ever did was getting shot.

Alan Hardy is a remarkable asset for this club. He's not perfect but his comitment, insight, good negotiating skills and his willingness to listen have been of great importance in keeping the club alive. And the friendlinees of the club must owe a great deal to the Chief Executive. Players, journalists, officials all bear testimony to the warmth of the club and AH must take credit for ensuring that over a long period. He does consult wiyh supporters and often takes on board what is said and amends policies as a result. Not always - but that's consultation, it's about listening but not passing decision maling over to you, I or any lobby or group.

We don't know for certain what pressures have been put on the club by the Police and I hope that the club will review its statement. But this vilification of AH is as bad as boo boys having a go at a player. AH is Latics thru and thru. He wants this club to be as succesful as you or I do. end of.

"Don't think I've ever been called prissy before...

TTA probably could have worded it better, but I still support the basis of what they're saying.

Unless there's a big shift of people, the RRE has to accommodate fans who've come from two very different stands this season - the Chaddy, and the Lookers (Upper especially).

I know the temptation is just to push back at the whingeing oldies who don't like yound rowdy fans standing up and swearing... but the truth is there is going to need to be some compromise. From both sides. (And before anyone else says it, I know very well that those who've complained are likely to be the most stubborn).

I think it's a shame that so many evidently complained after the very first game - especially given who it was against. Anyone with a degree of common sense and willingness to compromise even just a little would have waited a game or two to see how things settle down.

On the flip side, those who want to stand need to have a little consideration for the people sat behind them, and if people are going to insist on standing for long periods of the game then they can expect ejections. As I've already said, this isn't just the club being awkward - it's the law, and it doesn't matter one iota whether you like it or not."

Spot on

"If you honestly think that, you really are a complete :censored:ing prick."

But watch your language you stupid c**t !!!

There is a disabled guy who posted on the 606 site who said that he couldn't see at the game on Sat. Can completley understand his issues with it. Though He did mention that if the last 5 rows didnt stand up then he would be fine.

Perhaps the club could pro-actively ask those who want to see the game without being impeded that they sit in a block further over and also keep the back five rows empty as there are currently plenty of seats elsewhere for people to sit.

I think that the club mucked up though by offering the family tickets in basically what is a singing area.

As for this stuff about standing being illegal. Well technically it is but go to the singing area at City and they do not enforce it. Common sense has to used and the club and GMP should be looking at the Millwall game as a one off and trying to work out how best to get a balance. We have crowds of 4-6k normally so if GMP can't handle that, then they should all be sacked. What are we paying are taxes for otherwise.

In view of the issues raised by the authorities/the club. In view of the link between OWTB and the club why cant we use this thread to come up with sensible solutions (instead of just moaning) that the mods can put to the club. It may be some could be introduced immediately whilst others may have to wait for next season.

Right.

After calming down a little, here's a few suggestions.

1. Organise a family area within the only stand in the ground without a bar - the Chaddy. Put up your signs for the 'Enjoy The Match' rubbish.

2. Designate a singing section within the Rocky. Communicate this to fans so that they may make an informed choice and guide them a little as they obviously had no idea what to expect when choosing seats in the stand right next to the away fans.

3. Designate a quieter area in the Rocky for those who want to be away from the singing section. Make this 'L' or 'A'.

4. Cordon off 2 or 3 rows at the back of 'L', 'A' and 'T' if needed so that when people stand up during the action, people in wheelchairs should still be able to see over them. Consult someone who is disabled to canvass opinion on this.

5. Put up netting between home and away fans to prevent things being thrown over.

6. Encourage sensible stewarding to BOTH sets of fans.

There you go Latics, start with that. Be proactive rather than bollocking your bread and butter fans in a condescending way!

Edited by jorvik_latic

Alan Hardy is a remarkable asset for this club. He's not perfect but his comitment, insight, good negotiating skills and his willingness to listen have been of great importance in keeping the club alive. And the friendlinees of the club must owe a great deal to the Chief Executive. Players, journalists, officials all bear testimony to the warmth of the club and AH must take credit for ensuring that over a long period. He does consult wiyh supporters and often takes on board what is said and amends policies as a result. Not always - but that's consultation, it's about listening but not passing decision maling over to you, I or any lobby or group.

We don't know for certain what pressures have been put on the club by the Police and I hope that the club will review its statement. But this vilification of AH is as bad as boo boys having a go at a player. AH is Latics thru and thru. He wants this club to be as succesful as you or I do. end of.

I don't really have much of a problem with Alan Hardy tbh with you and i agree he has done some good work for the club but the fact remains that this particular statement has upset a lot of loyal latics fans who like Alan, only have the best interests of the club at heart. It's a complete smack in the face to everyone who wants the team to do well and is prepared to get up and sing about it. We all know how many times managers say how important it is for the fans to get behind the team especially at home, if our fans were a bit more vocal last season maybe we could of turned some of those 1-0 home defeats in to draws or victories like on Saturday instead of the countless defeats we had to endure.

I urge anyone from the club to say what they think is or isn't acceptable in the RRE.

Let's not have an Alan Hardy "good or bad" for the club debate.

Fair enough Stipe, that was a real injustice and probably reflects the subjective nature of our stewards. I've been there and done something similar and to be fair exactly the same process happened - email to AH who passed it onto the Chief Steward who actually promised action (although it wasn't forthcoming at the next game). But as far as I was concerned AH had done his job, so this vilification of a guy who has done a hell of a lot for the club is just stupid and petty. Whenever I've had cause to email him he's always responded, not always with the answer I want, but hey I accept that because there are 5k other people he need to keep happy.

It's clear to me that the last thing the club officials want is to stop any atmosphere in the ground. BUT as has been mentioned it's the police (and their huge, growing costs) that are looking for any excuse to overload the place with officers for a stupid cost. The only way the club can head some of this off is to go down the 'fans policing themselves' route and they have been forced to put out such a worded statement because (as even Garcon would if caught with a pen from Argos) when the police say 'you're doing something illegal' they are basically saying sorry it won't happen again officer and we'll do all we can to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Don't put all this on the club and AH...

Guest oa_exile
5. Put up netting between home and away fans to prevent things being thrown over.

Not a pop at you Will but it makes you wonder how this segregation ever managed to work BEFORE the Millwall game.

I stood (sorry sat ^_^ ) in the small part of RRE in the 90's ........... netting indeed :lol:

Fair enough Stipe, that was a real injustice and probably reflects the subjective nature of our stewards. I've been there and done something similar and to be fair exactly the same process happened - email to AH who passed it onto the Chief Steward who actually promised action (although it wasn't forthcoming at the next game). But as far as I was concerned AH had done his job, so this vilification of a guy who has done a hell of a lot for the club is just stupid and petty. Whenever I've had cause to email him he's always responded, not always with the answer I want, but hey I accept that because there are 5k other people he need to keep happy.

It's clear to me that the last thing the club officials want is to stop any atmosphere in the ground. BUT as has been mentioned it's the police (and their huge, growing costs) that are looking for any excuse to overload the place with officers for a stupid cost. The only way the club can head some of this off is to go down the 'fans policing themselves' route and they have been forced to put out such a worded statement because (as even Garcon would if caught with a pen from Argos) when the police say 'you're doing something illegal' they are basically saying sorry it won't happen again officer and we'll do all we can to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Don't put all this on the club and AH...

Silly me the police forced the club to write such a tactless ill thought out statement did they? Nothing to do with the folks down at BP? One does ever so apologise for thinking that they had any part in it at all. One also apologises for having the shear temerity to criticise the club, golly what was I thinking.

Oh and

But as far as I was concerned AH had done his job

sorry he is the Chief Exec, isn't that where the buck stops? Obviously not? Tricky questions are moved on, and in your case action at the next game wasn't forthcoming and in mine the minion denied anything had happened. Nothing to do with the head honcho then?

Good call by the way Help Shiny

Not a pop at you Will but it makes you wonder how this segregation ever managed to work BEFORE the Millwall game.

I stood (sorry sat ^_^ ) in the small part of RRE in the 90's ........... netting indeed :lol:

No worries.

It would just be a fairly easy way to appease the coppers that are asking for more segregation measures without losing too much revenue. In fact, re-reading the directors statement, this is the only thing that the police have asked for. It's our own fans that have complained about standing and swearing.

Well it is nice to know that I share a football club with such self centred, nasty, foul-mouthed, self opiniated, mindless holligans, spoiling for a fight in thei drunken stupor.

Am I being fair?

Probably not but I was not able to attend Saturday's match because I lay on my sickbed hoping the anti-biotics worked. Thanks for asking but they have not worked yet and I am getting bed sores.

I can only go off your rants on here. The above although I am sure it is grossly wrong is what you sound like. Take the trouble to read back and see just how over the top you have gone and the poor quality of arguments you have made. Let me illustrate a few.

You all claim to be the lifeblood of the club. It would surely cease to be if you where not their.

The truth is that you probably are the section of the fans that costs them money in extra stewarding. If every fan did sit down and not swear or wind up the opposition crowd the money saved would probably equate to everything you pay to the club.

You cannot see why your own behaviour should be modified so it does not impinge on the enjoyment of others. These people may well be paying the same or more than you, but obviously you are far more important.

One has to ask whether you have come to watch the match at all, or merely to live out some Rambo fantasy. If you did come to watch the match you would be aware that the Chaddy End has sight lines that should make every seat carry a "restricted view" warning. Of course anyone moving from the Lookers Upper who has in the past tried the Chaddy would not wish to return there if their ambition was to watch a football match.

"Why did they pick seats in that area if they did not want to take part in swearing and throwing things?"

Well perhaps they thought these seats are central in the stand and likely to have the best view of the football match I have come to WATCH.

Your attitude to stewards is amazing They apparently manage to be over officious jobs worth whilst at the same time cowardly idle gets. Now I have no desire to justify the individual actions of any steward but these are minimum wage people trying to make enough money to see them through the week. The pay and conditions are horrific and few people would do it out of choice. They are not and never will be an adequate replacement for real policemen. No lower league football club can afford real police so they have to employ them. You are all big men in a large group but ask yourself honestly whether in a dispute you don't care about you would on your own like to go up to a large group of drunken yobs and confront them. Ask yourself whether you would do this if you knew you were being filmed and you had to let the yobs hit you first before you fought back. Ask yourself if you would confront them when if you get too injured to work the next day you would lose wages that are vital just to keep your head above water. It is not looking such a good job anymore.

Can you blame the club really for doing what they have to do to retain their safety certificate? Obviously you can and also th

row in unsubstantiated claptrap at Allan Hardy. He does not deserve the vitriol you are throwing his way. He has given far more to the club than a mindless hooligan could ever contemplate. No, he has not always been right and I am sure you have all never made a single mistake, but to doubt his committment to the success of the club flys in the face of all the evidence.

What you did on Saturday is not something to be proud of. It did not help the team. It means that in future the ability to make money will be severely reduced. We have been today drawn against Burnley in the Carling Cup. It could be our last appearance in the Carling this season. Had that match been a home match without your efforts we would possibly have been able to sell out the whole RRE. After your efforts we would have been forced to lose 500 seats. and have extra stewarding and policing costs. I leave you to get your calculator out to see exactly how much that would mean.

You will note that I managed the whole of this without a swear word. I mostly do. That way when you use one it has an impact.

Lastly and this will really annoy you. As I said I am on my sick bed and can only rely on an internet effects microphone, but for much of the match you were outsung by the Millwall fans. Perhaps if you had taken less notice of them and more of your own team I would not be able to say that.

Diatribe over get ready for incoming flack.