NFL - SUPERBOWL

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sooners/Gators game had the biggest crowd of all time for a football game in the Dolphin Stadium be it College or Pro - College football is big.

Unlucky Sooners by the way...

Thank gowd for them last two games as it was looking like a pretty poor bowl season otherwise. The Fiesta Bowl was a bit of a corker (although I was wanting another result), but I suppose any game which can go either way in the last 30 seconds is generally pretty decent.

I was pretty happy with the game with Florida. It certainly showed the difference in style between Tebow and Bradshaw, but in the end Florida's defence showed up with the goalline stops proving absolutely pivotal.

Pretty happy with the college season overall as Penn State did well, they shouldn't have dropped the game during the regular season, but they weren't really good enough to go unbeaten. Should be enough to give JoePa another 70 years in charge...

can anyone who watched the florida match tell me how brandon spikes played? bein a broncos fan we definitly need a major overhaul on the defence and spikes is one of the better linebackers in the draft this year and a lot of people are expecting us to make a few trades to get another 1st round pick to go for him.

Excuse the blasphemy, but Jesus Christ, tattoo a big W on each of my cheeks and let me bend over, as that was a defining moment. If FitzGerald ain't the best wide receiver going then I'll be very confused (although drunk too).

No offence to the Giants fans, after doing the whole world the biggest of favours last year, but I hope the Eagles win for obvious reasons. And as a side note, come on the chargers (well so far I'm 2/2 happy).

NB. Nava. I watched the game, but as the player wasn't mentioned to me beforehand I'm afraid I wasn't keeping an eye open. The Gators were absolutely immense in defens©e though, so he didn't have a bad game.

Excuse the blasphemy, but Jesus Christ, tattoo a big W on each of my cheeks and let me bend over, as that was a defining moment. If FitzGerald ain't the best wide receiver going then I'll be very confused (although drunk too).

No offence to the Giants fans, after doing the whole world the biggest of favours last year, but I hope the Eagles win for obvious reasons. And as a side note, come on the chargers (well so far I'm 2/2 happy).

NB. Nava. I watched the game, but as the player wasn't mentioned to me beforehand I'm afraid I wasn't keeping an eye open. The Gators were absolutely immense in defens©e though, so he didn't have a bad game.

Im going to have to stop writing Arizona off because they keep proving me wrong.

Ravens-Cardinals Super Bowl? Would be a fun game. Two teams that were nowhere close last season.

Boooo

I want the Giants :P

I am very shocked at how poor the calls from the referees have been in most the play off games... The delay of games calls have been all over the place..

Edited by oafc0000

Boooo

I want the Giants :P

I am very shocked at how poor the calls from the referees have been in most the play off games... The delay of games calls have been all over the place..

Delay of games? Okay, there have been one or two late ones but it is hardly that much of an issue.

What I am more disillusioned at is the late hits aka the personal fouls they keep on calling. I mean, some have been in bounds, yesterday a helmet to helmet was called which was shoulder to shoulder. And (far be it for me to side with them but) that Patriots player got a $15k fine for doing a snow angel. For Gods sake, why not take all the fun out of the game.

Before the second run of games I'd put the winning likelihood as:

NY Giants

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Philadelphia

San Diego

Arizona

and as long as we are not likely to win the better. Whatever happens this is the best season in my lifetime, and last night probably the best game (ish, the 24-23 defeat of the 49ers when they were good is certainly up there).