NFL - SUPERBOWL

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol! Good luck to the Chargers, they'll need it - the Colts are a lock - they look good for this game, and they're my outside bet for the Superbowl...

Is Roethlisberger out for a long time? I saw him give it the old thumbs up the other night, but I haven't checked to see if he'll be back for Pittsburgh.

Geaux Saints.

A shambles. Why on earth did the Jets Dolphins not kick off at the same time as the Bills Pats? Funny how Miami getting on top in New York coincided with the Ravens ending the Jets season. Ridiculous.

The punditry reckon they won't change the system unless it happens year in-year out - and it doesn't. So I doubt they're going to change it just because the Pats couldn't cheat their way in...

:grin:

The punditry reckon they won't change the system unless it happens year in-year out - and it doesn't. So I doubt they're going to change it just because the Pats couldn't cheat their way in...

I'd say the team that takes a spot with an 8-8 record is the one that cheated its way in. Not the one that battled against the loss of the best quarterback in the league and its two best defensive players to come out 11-5 with a four-match winning run at the end of the year.

This year provided more evidence that Belichick is the best coach there's ever been.

Edited by Guernica

Lucky perhaps - cheats never - not compared to some other teams...

And yes, Coach Belichick is very resourceful - I'll give yer that.

I watched most of the NE - BUF game, the wind was wild - Buffalo had a 30-odd yard FG and the high winds just caught hold of the ball and hooked it wide right. He even kicked it about 20 yards to the left of the sticks. How those guys kicked through those posts was incredible, they were at 45 degrees...

no suprise to see our defence let the chargers walk through them. after 13 years i think its time for a change of head coach we need something new. anyway my ownly plus point is that we would of gone out agaist the colts anyway. bring on a top defensive lineman in the draft and a few more free agents.

I'd say the team that takes a spot with an 8-8 record is the one that cheated its way in. Not the one that battled against the loss of the best quarterback in the league and its two best defensive players to come out 11-5 with a four-match winning run at the end of the year.

This year provided more evidence that Belichick is the best coach there's ever been.

New England wouldn't have been 11-5 with anything resembling a difficult schedule. Thy beat 9 poor/average teams and two decent teams (Miami, NYJ). Every other good side they played beat them (Miami, San Diego (and they werent that hot this year), Indianapolis, Jets, Pittsburgh). In the end, it actually came down to that win by the Jets in week 11 that stopped them (pretty sure they lost out to both Baltimore and Miami on vs Conference record).

You win your division, your in. Simple as, unfortunately for the Patriots, there was a better team in the division. If you cant win your division then doesnt matter how good your record is. If there are two better second place teams they are in...i believe thats why they call it the wildcard.

Seattle, Oakland, Arizona, Buffalo....I suppose you do deserve to be in the playoffs after a winning run against such mighty opposition.

Bill Belicheck....better than Vince Lombardi ;)

New England wouldn't have been 11-5 with anything resembling a difficult schedule. Thy beat 9 poor/average teams and two decent teams (Miami, NYJ). Every other good side they played beat them (Miami, San Diego (and they werent that hot this year), Indianapolis, Jets, Pittsburgh). In the end, it actually came down to that win by the Jets in week 11 that stopped them (pretty sure they lost out to both Baltimore and Miami on vs Conference record).

You win your division, your in. Simple as, unfortunately for the Patriots, there was a better team in the division. If you cant win your division then doesnt matter how good your record is. If there are two better second place teams they are in...i believe thats why they call it the wildcard.

Seattle, Oakland, Arizona, Buffalo....I suppose you do deserve to be in the playoffs after a winning run against such mighty opposition.

Bill Belicheck....better than Vince Lombardi ;)

If you think the Dolphins are a better side than the Patriots then you're on acid.

I think Belichick's achievements rate higher than Lombardi's given the different eras and standard of competition.

And Arizona won their division didn't they?

I think Belichick's achievements rate higher than Lombardi's given the different eras and standard of competition.

I agree the standard of video equipment in Lombardi's era meant that filming defensive signals of rival teams was a lot more difficult. We will also say Bill Walsh is a better coach.

If you think the Dolphins are a better side than the Patriots then you're on acid.

I dont remember Lombardi cheating....

Kind of wrecked any chance the guy has of being remembered in a good way...

Bit like Nixon... If it wasnt for Watergate he would more than likely be remembered as one of the great American presidents!

Geoffrey Boycott...great cricketer....also wife beater....

Gazza....Englands greatest ever footballer....I would write down all his sins but I would have to break it down over a number of posts....

People tend to remember these nastier points over the other stuff....

He got caught in 07... What was he doing for the other five championship wins and 3 super bowl wins ? I know one thing, when he got found out, so did his team....18-1 :D

GO GIANTS!!! :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

Arizona did win their division, which is probably the poorest division in the NFL, and once they won the division they took their foot of the gas big style. They were hammered 2 weeks in a row, and I fully expect their season to end this weekend.

Dolphins did enough to win the division, Patriots did not. Better side or not they are the division champs.

The funniest thing is, they are only the second side ever to not make the playoffs with 11 wins....thats gotta sting!

Who's going to win the Superbowl this year?

Easy. The Patriots. As Randy Moss says: "We have unfinished business."

Anyways....

AFC Wildcard

IND @ SD - Colts(12-4) it's a banker. Chargers(8-8) are here due to chance...

BAL @ MIA - Nice and warm for the teams. Ravens(11-5) have already done the Phins(11-5) on the road, but that was back in October and Miami are on a roll. It's close but I'm going for the Ravens, who have done very well down south.

NFC Wildcard

PHI @ MIN - Philly(9-6-1) by a mile, getting stronger and stronger a real threat to the G-Men for the NFC Championship. Vikings(10-6) have not shown great ability and are the best of a fairly weak division.

ATL @ ARI - Bit of a meh game this, I know Atlanta(11-5) have been so inconsistent as have Arizona(9-7) - however due to the NFC West being very weak the Cardinals are on top of a division which has 40 losses. Also the Cards themselves have won 6 of their 9 wins from the divisional matchups. Falcons for me.

So there you have it Colts, Ravens, Eagles, and the Falcons.

If I'm right that's BAL @ TEN and IND @ PIT from the AFC and ATL @ CAR and PHI @ NYG in the NFC.

Anyways....

AFC Wildcard

IND @ SD - Colts(12-4) it's a banker. Chargers(8-8) are here due to chance...

BAL @ MIA - Nice and warm for the teams. Ravens(11-5) have already done the Phins(11-5) on the road, but that was back in October and Miami are on a roll. It's close but I'm going for the Ravens, who have done very well down south.

NFC Wildcard

PHI @ MIN - Philly(9-6-1) by a mile, getting stronger and stronger a real threat to the G-Men for the NFC Championship. Vikings(10-6) have not shown great ability and are the best of a fairly weak division.

ATL @ ARI - Bit of a meh game this, I know Atlanta(11-5) have been so inconsistent as have Arizona(9-7) - however due to the NFC West being very weak the Cardinals are on top of a division which has 40 losses. Also the Cards themselves have won 6 of their 9 wins from the divisional matchups. Falcons for me.

So there you have it Colts, Ravens, Eagles, and the Falcons.

If I'm right that's BAL @ TEN and IND @ PIT from the AFC and ATL @ CAR and PHI @ NYG in the NFC.

If the Patriots hadn't lost Brady before the end of the first game I honestly think they would have done.

Rummy - the one-season expert.

Edited by Guernica

If the Patriots hadn't lost Brady before the end of the first game I honestly think they would have done.

Rummy - the one-season expert.

Don't get bitter, actually I used to watch it with my Dad on Channel 4 when Marino and Elway were playing. But I couldn't keep up to date with it unfortunately, it only needed a spark and I was interested again - so here I am. Hey, I'm a Nawlins fan how gutted am I? Best offense in the NFL and bottom of the Division at 8-8, and we won the shoot-out with the Chargers who scraped in - only just mind!

Why do you always have to have a personal poke? Sheesh, I don't know...

Guernica - More mood swings than an old woman.

Don't get bitter, actually I used to watch it with my Dad on Channel 4 when Marino and Elway were playing. But I couldn't keep up to date with it unfortunately, it only needed a spark and I was interested again - so here I am. Hey, I'm a Nawlins fan how gutted am I? Best offense in the NFL and bottom of the Division at 8-8, and we won the shoot-out with the Chargers who scraped in - only just mind!

Why do you always have to have a personal poke? Sheesh, I don't know...

Guernica - More mood swings than an old woman.

It was a response to you trawling back to the start of the post months ago just to have a little dig.

And I am bitter at what's happened this season. Imagine if it was Latics!!

It was a response to you trawling back to the start of the post months ago just to have a little dig.

And I am bitter at what's happened this season. Imagine if it was Latics!!

Okay, okay! It just looked like that I was the easy target for some getback after all the non-Pats fans have had dig too...

That holds a little weight but your problems have been bigger than just the QB position haven't they....or you laying the failure at Matt Cassel's door ?

If you are I would think that's very unfair as Matt Cassel has had a brilliant year!

He has had such a good year I doubt he can stay with you for much longer. He has more than proved he is a starting QB!

Edited by oafc0000

That holds a little weight but your problems have been bigger than just the QB position haven't they....

Yup - two defensive stars and leaders, Harrison and Thomas, out for season, not to mention the starting running-back. It's as though there has been a curse over Foxboro this year.

Some might say karma had a hand :wink:

I don't know why everbody hates the Patriots. After the taping scandal they went one game away from achieving the perfect season. And if Asante Samuel caught an interception he would make nine times out-of-ten in the Superbowl they'd have done it so it clearly couldn't have given them that much of an advantage.

I don't know why everbody hates the Patriots.

taping scandal

Come on fella :D

Dosent matter which side of the pond you live....cheats are cheats...no one likes a cheat...

And if Asante Samuel caught an interception he would make nine times out-of-ten in the Superbowl they'd have done it so it clearly couldn't have given them that much of an advantage.

But he didnt and Burress did :) If Romo didnt choke in the big games he might have a super bowl ring now...but he dosent.... You cant bring the whole game / season down to one incident... that's just unfair to the NY Giants... The Pats are the MAN U of the NFL and your "red mist" isnt helping change my mind on that :D

Many question just how long the Pats had been filming people.... The whole incident started to throw open questions and possibly answers to just why the Pats has been so dam good for such a long time. Perfect means nothing if you cheated your way to it!

I think its a real shame. No doubting the Pats are a great team but that makes it harder to swallow when they where caught cheating! I think everyone will be happy to see the Dolphins title go....bored of hearing about the only "perfect" season....

I dont think people hate the Pats... I think people hate the cheats....

Consider how you would feel if it was the NY Giants who had been caught cheating....

I know I would of been fecking furious at the management team!!! And I am dam sure the NY press and fans would of disowned the team!!! Better class of fan up that way you see :P

Edited by oafc0000

Come on fella :D

Dosent matter which side of the pond you live....cheats are cheats...no one likes a cheat...

But he didnt and Burress did :) If Romo didnt choke in the big games he might have a super bowl ring now...but he dosent.... You cant bring the whole game / season down to one incident... that's just unfair to the NY Giants... The Pats are the MAN U of the NFL and your "red mist" isnt helping change my mind on that :D

Many question just how long the Pats had been filming people.... The whole incident started to throw open questions and possibly answers to just why the Pats has been so dam good for such a long time. Perfect means nothing if you cheated your way to it!

I think its a real shame. No doubting the Pats are a great team but that makes it harder to swallow when they where caught cheating! I think everyone will be happy to see the Dolphins title go....bored of hearing about the only "perfect" season....

I dont think people hate the Pats... I think people hate the cheats....

Consider how you would feel if it was the NY Giants who had been caught cheating....

I know I would of been fecking furious at the management team!!! And I am dam sure the NY press and fans would of disowned the team!!! Better class of fan up that way you see :P

It wasn't the Burress catch, which in itself was a miracle. I think it was a couple of plays before that when he missed a straightforward pick. I still stand by that if the taping thing made that much of a difference then why haven't the Patriots suddenly gone rubbish? The NY press hates anyone who isn't from NY. I got a copy of the NY Post and they actually refer to them as 'Hatriots'.

Hats off to the Giants. Their defensive performance in that game was one of the best I have ever seen and they have certainly backed it up this season. I've no axe to grind with them, just with this anti-Patriots feeling which I think is unjustified.

PS- And we're certainly not the MUFC of the NFL. I started supporting them in '85 after they were mauled by the Bears in the Superbowl. Up until 2001 it had been pretty grim.

Edited by Guernica

It wasn't the Burress catch, which in itself was a miracle. I think it was a couple of plays before that when he missed a straightforward pick. I still stand by that if the taping thing made that much of a difference then why haven't the Patriots suddenly gone rubbish? The NY press hates anyone who isn't from NY. I got a copy of the NY Post and they actually refer to them as 'Hatriots'.

Excuses me but I think you will find the NY press hate pretty much everyone :) They wanted to run Eli and coach Coughlin out of NYC no to long ago :) I think NYC have the most demanding Fans and Press in the country.

Hats off to the Giants. Their defensive performance in that game was one of the best I have ever seen and they have certainly backed it up this season. I've no axe to grind with them, just with this anti-Patriots feeling which I think is unjustified.

I think its fair to say you may well think different if it was another team that had cheated.

Edited by oafc0000

Burress didnt make the miracle catch, that was David Tyree. Burress caught the winning TD. And Samuel did drop the easy pick.

The NY press doesnt hate anyone not from NY, they hate Boston. And Boston hates NY, a proper city rivalry.

Oh, and the Pats arent the MUFC of the NFL....the Cowboys are. The Pats are probably more like the Chelsea of the NFL.

But anyway, lets all rejoice because the cheats didnt make it :D

Burress didnt make the miracle catch, that was David Tyree. Burress caught the winning TD. And Samuel did drop the easy pick.

The NY press doesnt hate anyone not from NY, they hate Boston. And Boston hates NY, a proper city rivalry.

Oh, and the Pats arent the MUFC of the NFL....the Cowboys are. The Pats are probably more like the Chelsea of the NFL.

But anyway, lets all rejoice because the cheats didnt make it :D

Chelsea my backside. The salary cap means there can't be a Chelsea.